ADVERTISEMENT

RLangford and DGarland to attend Hoosier Hysteria..

Archie has totally changed the direction of IU's recruiting, especially instate. He is a straight talking, well adjusted, no nonsense guy. Crean was a creeper and overbearing. So happy he is gone. With Archie, Guy and Wilkes are Hoosiers no question.

per Rabby. IU has a chance....
If true, that is a good sign. This is where we need to leave two spots open and use Davis and Morgan to sell them on how great it will be to play with them. Even though Durham, Phinisee, and Green would all be PGs, I would still take Garland. Green could play more of the 2 role with CuJo. Phinisee and Garland would play the point with Durham as a third option.

Getting ahead of myself here and guessing what roles the new players will play:

1. Garland, Phinisee, Durham
2. CuJo, Green
3. Langford, Smith, Anderson, Hunter
4, Morgan, Thompson
5. Davis, Moore

If one of those 3's end up playing as a 4, we would be pretty balanced. I wouldn't mind if we got only got one and left a scholarship open for someone that can defend. the post

Landing both of these guys would finally expose that Tom Crean was not as good of a recruiter as people say. Everyone began to question if Indiana was still attractive, and maybe it was no longer a blue blood. If Archie lands these guys with a season or less under his belt then it will be clear that Crean was underperforming in recruiting along with all the other aspects of his job.

Last edited:
If true, that is a good sign. This is where we need to leave two spots open and use Davis and Morgan to sell them on how great it will be to play with them. Even thought Durham, Phinisee, and Green would all be PGs, I would still take Garland. Green could play more of the 2 role with CuJo. Phinisee and Garland would play the point with Durham as a third option.

Getting ahead of myself here and guessing what roles the new players will play:

1. Garland, Phinisee, Durham
2. CuJo, Green
3. Langford, Smith, Anderson, Hunter
4, Morgan, Thompson
5. Davis, Moore

If one of those 3's end up playing as a 4, we would be pretty balanced. I wouldn't mind if we got only got one and left a scholarship open for someone that can defend. the post
Move Langford to the starting 2 and Smith, Anderson, or Hunter as the 3.

Move Langford to the starting 2 and Smith, Anderson, or Hunter as the 3.
I assumed as juniors, either CuJo or Green would be ready to start. Langford could be a 2 or play as a 3 in a 3 guard lineup. It's hard to predictct where any of them will be since only 4 of the 13 have ever played college basketball.
"
Garland, Langford, ???, Morgan, and Davis would be a nice lineup regardless of who "???" is.

It is too early for us to be thinking about these things, but I am sure these scenarios run through CAM's mind constantly!

Landing either of those guys could launch IU's 2018-19 recruiting class to one of the top 3 of the past 25 years.

Reactions: IUgradman
The only way accepting the Forrester commitment would be acceptable is if Archie knows someone is leaving after the season, freeing up room for three recruits. Assuming Langford is a one and done, that leaves two spots open in 2019. I would prefer not to use the oversign. I hated that about Crean.

The only way accepting the Forrester commitment would be acceptable is if Archie knows someone is leaving after the season, freeing up room for three recruits. Assuming Langford is a one and done, that leaves two spots open in 2019. I would prefer not to use the oversign. I hated that about Crean.

And even then I still don't like it.

As I've said many times before, when Archie was hired, one thing we were told over and over and over is that he doesn't use up all of his scholarships and usually only has 11 players on the team......it's one of the reasons why I thought he was a great hire (still do before the "real" fans wet themselves).

So, why bring in yet another forward to fill that final spot when we have a glut at that position?

Reactions: IUgradman
And even then I still don't like it.

As I've said many times before, when Archie was hired, one thing we were told over and over and over is that he doesn't use up all of his scholarships and usually only has 11 players on the team......it's one of the reasons why I thought he was a great hire (still do before the "real" fans wet themselves).

So, why bring in yet another forward to fill that final spot when we have a glut at that position?
can forester defend the 5? If so he would make sense..we need a post defender/rebounder

I finally agree with you on something. I mean we only have like 7 guys at his position already and are supposedly leading for Brooks in 2019. This would definitely be a Tommy like signing.
We do not have 7 guys at his position. Please quit spreading this falsehood, it's pure ignorant bullsh%t.

2018 roster
2 lead guards
2 wing guards
3 wing forwards
2 stretch fours
2 posts

It's a fairly balanced roster with no one position being overfilled and most players being able to fill two positions.

You guys have to understand that Arch will be using bigger line ups. Length at the wing spot is very important to play a pack line, the 6'3 player playing the 3 position is a thing of the past. You will see 6'6, 6'7 guys in that spot from here on out in most years.

Education time...
The players at the 2 and 3 have to have the length to be able to cheat towards the drive (packing it in) and still be able to close out on 3 pt shooters. If they don't then the pack line is ineffective and gets burnt by open 3pts.

See chart as example .. notice the positioning of 2 and 3 and why length and height is required for it to be effective. They are pre-positioned (cheating) to help on the drive, and have to close a lot of space on rotation to the shooter on the wing. That shooter is the weakness of a pack line, and it's paramount that the 2 and 3 can close space quickly. The longer they are, the more they can cheat the drive. Now you realize why he recruited tall wings this year.
defense-differences.jpg

If Forrester signed he would be the 3rd stretch four, or 3rd post depending on his skill set.

Please become well informed, and quit posting dumb crap, we were once the smartest fan base in the NCAA, let's be that again.

Last edited:
CAM needs a couple classes to get the balance he wants before he leaves an open ship out there. Sheesh give him at least one game before calling him out.

Reactions: mazz
CAM needs a couple classes to get the balance he wants before he leaves an open ship out there. Sheesh give him at least one game before calling him out.

I love Archie and think he's doing great but offerring Forrester at this point would be as big a gaffe as offering Priller, April, Gelon, David Williams, Capobianco, etc.

Thanks for the call out. CAM hasn't coached a game yet , been on the job for just 5 months or so, has us in the mix for two of the best players in the country and people on here are going ape $hit about a possible recruit.
We better stop taking about how smart the fan base is.

Hunter, Smith, Anderson, Thompson, Moore, Mcroberts, Morgan, etc all play his position.
No they don't ...

Morgan is a 4, Moore is a 4. Thompson will be a 5. Smith and Anderson are 3's. Forester will most likely be a 4. Where are you getting this crap at? It's pure ignorance.

McRoberts, he's a walk on. Crean isn't here anymore.

lol ... "forwards" ..

Last edited:
I would prefer we add romeo and Garland but it wouldn't be dumb to sign him. Archie knows our chances with elite recruits. He isnt stupid
He's got a lot of upside and that wingspan will serve him well in Arch's defense and offense. I don't know if we'll sign him, but I understand why we're looking at him.

What the hell is wrong with these people? It's like they've never watched basketball other than a Crean coached team.

I love Archie and think he's doing great but offerring Forrester at this point would be as big a gaffe as offering Priller, April, Gelon, David Williams, Capobianco, etc.
You are nuts to compare him to those players. I think the coaching staff knows a hell a lot more than fans on a message board.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Crean has made our fanbase stupid .

Have to demure...many were/are entirely "self-taught" so to speak and a goodly number of IU's not-so-brilliant pre-date CTC's tenure. He could be credited with making more than few desperate, which like necessity is another mother of invention...

Reactions: darkhawk returns
Have to demure...many were/are entirely "self-taught" so to speak and a goodly number of IU's not-so-brilliant pre-date CTC's tenure. He could be credited with making more than few desperate, which like necessity is another mother of invention...
I'm just assuming it's the orange ignorance .. we used to be smarter than this.

I remember grandmothers in this state breaking down the rules to help side and motion. Now, we have people thinking big wings, stretch fours and posts are all "forwards" and play the same position.. .My god..

fwiw Crean's average lineup was appx. 6'0, 6'2, 6'3, 6'7/8, 6'9 and played "positionless" basketball without well defined roles. ie everyone was expected to handle, penetrate and pass.

Arch will be more in the range of 6'2, 6'4/5, 6'6/7, 6'9, 6'9, and though everyone will be versatile, the roles will be well defined and be damn sure you won't see post players dribble penetrating into the middle of zones..

It's a brand new day and a style of basketball that doesn't rely on gimmicks, and one the purists will like.

Last edited:
You are nuts to compare him to those players. I think the coaching staff knows a hell a lot more than fans on a message board.

You can't read can you? I never said Forrester wasn't a lot better than the players I mentioned. I'm sure he's tons better than Gelon, Priller, etc. I'm sure he can play for a good program. But his signing will be a very stupid move. Bank it.

You can't read can you? I never said Forrester wasn't a lot better than the players I mentioned. I'm sure he's tons better than Gelon, Priller, etc. I'm sure he can play for a good program. But his signing will be a very stupid move. Bank it.

How can you say that with such confidence when you don't even know which position he and others play?

Reactions: darkhawk returns
McRoberts is still a solid player with a high bball IQ (something he didn't bring in enough). Really lucky to have him as a walk-on. Agreed the fact we had to rely on him at times last year wasn't good, but I hope you aren't implying he isn't a good player or anything....though there are plenty of players Crean brought in who didn't belong here.....

No they don't ...

Morgan is a 4, Moore is a 4. Thompson will be a 5. Smith and Anderson are 3's. Forester will most likely be a 5. Where are you getting this crap at? It's pure ignorance.

McRoberts, he's a walk on. Crean isn't here anymore.

lol ... "forwards" ..

It's been a long time since we had a coach who went on tv and taught his style. Love him or hate him RMK knew the game well and knew how to explain it in simple terms. Add that to the fact idiots aren't as scared to look like idiots in anonymous posts on the internet and trolls.... and the dumbing down of out entire society (think flat Earthers and people who think hurricanes are government conspiracies....).....
I'm just assuming it's the orange ignorance .. we used to be smarter than this.

I remember grandmothers in this state breaking down the rules to help side and motion. Now, we have people thinking big wings, stretch fours and posts are all "forwards" and play the same position.. .My god..

fwiw Crean's average lineup was appx. 6'0, 6'2, 6'3, 6'7, 6'9 and played "positionless" basketball without well defined roles. ie everyone was expected to handle, penetrate and pass.

Arch will be more in the range of 6'2, 6'4/5, 6'6/7, 6'9, 6'9, and though everyone will be versatile, the roles will be well defined and be damn sure you won't see post players dribble penetrating into the middle of zones..

It's a brand new day and a style of basketball that doesn't rely on gimmicks, and one the purists will like.

Forrester is a B1G level talent. I am ok with him becoming a Hoosier. That being said, I am hoping that we save those 2 scholarships for RL/DG, and/or a 5th year grad transfer. Balancing the classes is needed, and wow, is the class of 2019 loaded with great players that have IU on their short list. Brooks, TJ-D, Watford, Hurt, ......and a guard is needed in that class too.

The days of Creaniacs rationalizing reaches are over. No more Jobe's, Muniru, April, Capobianco, Priller or Gelon's-ever again under Archie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT