ADVERTISEMENT

RIP To The Hefty Lefty

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Jared Lorenzen died today.

Had obesity troubles his whole life, but an infections, kidneys and heart took him down.
Was in the hospital the last week.

Went out as the leading yardage passer in Kentucky history.
More than Couch.
More than Derrick Ramsey.

Personally saw him throw one to the end zone from one knee at the 50 in warm ups one game.

Wish we still played UK.
Loved to hate the Cats.

Mallory wanted to beat Kentucky as bad as he wanted to win the Bucket.
#MeToo

Last edited:

Had obesity troubles his whole life, but an infections, kidneys and heart took him down.

More than Couch.

Personally saw him throw one to the end zone from one knee at the 50 in warm ups one game.

Wish we still played UK.
Loved to hate the Cats.

#MeToo
I remember watching him and marveling that a guy that big was the QB and not on the OL. Best wishes to his family and those close to him.

More than Couch.

Wish we still played UK.
Loved to hate the Cats.

#MeToo

I remember watching him and marveling that a guy that big was the QB and not on the OL. Best wishes to his family and those close to him.

My wife has family down Lexington way and her cousin loves UK and was a huge fan of the man. I agree with you guys about him, that I was in awe of what he could do @ his size at the QB position., I also wish we still played UK in football and basketball for that matter.

My heartfelt condolences go out to his family.

It can be done even with a 9 game schedule. Iowa has a locked in game with Iowa St every year. I think a nice rivalry game added to the mix would be nice for the fans and more importantly the players. Yes, the schedule will be more difficult, but it sure beats anything we have locked up over the next eight years. The only thing close is the 3-game series with Louisville.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Aw man. That sucks, but thanks for posting. I really liked the guy, first time I ever saw him I was flipping through channels and I came upon him dragging 3 guys for a first down. He was something else.

I always wanted to beat Kentucky, but I also always kinda liked/respected them as well. I really enjoyed the Couch/Craig Yeast team and the Hefty Lefty. What a freakish athlete he was....probably generationally so. Sad story.

Demons come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors. I hate this story because it sure seems he could’ve/should’ve gotten help. Probably just naivety on my part. RIP #22.

It can be done even with a 9 game schedule. Iowa has a locked in game with Iowa St every year. I think a nice rivalry game added to the mix would be nice for the fans and more importantly the players. Yes, the schedule will be more difficult, but it sure beats anything we have locked up over the next eight years. The only thing close is the 3-game series with Louisville.
UK has no desire to play us in football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT