ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Pete Rose

crazed_hoosier2

Hall of Famer
Mar 28, 2011
So…what’s everybody think? Was it justice or injustice keeping him out of the HoF for life?

Think he’ll get in posthumously?

So…what’s everybody think? Was it justice or injustice keeping him out of the HoF for life?

He was his own worst enemy and couldn’t get out of his own way, but I would have liked to see him in the Hall while he was alive.

It would have been good for the Reds and Cincinnati. I truly believed no one loved baseball more than he did.

I was a huge Reds fan growing up, and Pete Rose was a big reason for that.
He pissed all over the game of baseball, and did not belong in the Hall.
I hope he gets in within 5 years now.

Reactions: stollcpa

Wow. Just heard this. Just got back from working out and my bride told me after I showered.

He lied and he was a pretty scummy guy around the city. But I don’t believe he ever negatively impacted the score of a game or its ultimate outcome.

The thing I always appreciated about Rose is that he got more out of his natural ability than any other athlete I can think about. Jordan had a higher ceiling and probably got as close to his as Rose did.

I think it’s a travesty that he was denied induction to the HOF while alive. Bart Giamatti is the ultimate villain to the west side of Cincinnati. Westsiders might tear down the Hall if they try something now.

Wow. Just heard this. Just got back from working out and my bride told me after I showered.

He lied and he was a pretty scummy guy around the city. But I don’t believe he ever negatively impacted the score of a game or its ultimate outcome.

The thing I always appreciated about Rose is that he got more out of his natural ability than any other athlete I can think about. Jordan had a higher ceiling and probably got as close to his as Rose did.

I think it’s a travesty that he was denied induction to the HOF while alive. Bart Giamatti is the ultimate villain to the west side of Cincinnati. Westsiders might tear down the Hall if they try something now.
💯

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT