ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Super Tuesday Turnout

Hoosier_Hack

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2011
We have heard a lot about voter turnout for the Dems but nothing has been said about the record turnouts for Trump. Lots has been said about Texas. Did you realize Trump received more votes than Biden, Sanders, and Warren combined? There is more....

We have heard a lot about voter turnout for the Dems but nothing has been said about the record turnouts for Trump. Lots has been said about Texas. Did you realize Trump received more votes than Biden, Sanders, and Warren combined? There is more....

Shhhh... You're harshing their mellow.

Is this related to the debate your were having with Marvin about minority vote suppression in Texas? Seems like it is.

Not gonna watch the Hannity video, but I did look deeper into Texas...

Only going to count Trump for GOP- if you're voting against him in Primary probably won't vote for him in Nov.
So he got 1,889,000 rounded and Biden, Sanders, Warren, and Bloomberg combined got 1,873. That doesn't count Pete, Amy, Castro, etc all who got votes (likely in early voting).

The key is the increase in Dem turnout over 2016 (massive) and implications for Nov...

Trump beat HRC by roughly 9%
4,685,047 to 3,877,868 in Texas

But the Primaries in 2016 were really lopsided Cruz won and along with Trump and Rubio the Top 3 totalled 2,503,000. HRC and Bernie totalled 1,413,000 (over a million votes less).

Btw, in 2020 the GOP tallied more votes in early voting, but Democrats totalled more votes in votes cast on election day. To me, that says (with Biden winning) that people were inspired to go out on Tues to vote for Biden. You could make the argument that all the Sanders voters won't translate into votes for Biden in Nov, but I'm gonna say that is less true in Texas than it might be elsewhere. For Biden to have won Texas, he had to have had a MASSIVE turnout on election day, because polling up until March 2nd showed Sanders hovering right around a 9-11 pt lead. Which meant he likely had a significant lead in early voting as well.

So Dem voters came out in larger numbers over the 2016 Primary and GOP voters were down over 500,000 from just the Top 3 in 2016. How does that translate in Nov? No one can say for sure, but as unpopular as HRC was she only lost Texas by around 800,000 votes.

I'm not sure how the same Trump crowing about the crowds at his rallies, can spin fewer people voting in the Pub Primary in 2020 than 2016 as a positive. After all it takes far less effort to head to your local precinct and vote than it does to stand in a line for hours to hear Trump's assault on the English language. But I have no doubt that Kayleigh and Hannity will do their damndest. And of course, some will continue to lap it up...

Reactions: hoosboot
I'm not sure how the same Trump crowing about the crowds at his rallies, can spin fewer people voting in the Pub Primary in 2020 than 2016 as a positive

For an incumbent who is basically unopposed? The fact that people are showing up in the GOP primary at all would speak to a certain level of enthusiasm given the circumstances.

Reactions: Lucy01
Not gonna watch the Hannity video, but I did look deeper into Texas...

Only going to count Trump for GOP- if you're voting against him in Primary probably won't vote for him in Nov.
So he got 1,889,000 rounded and Biden, Sanders, Warren, and Bloomberg combined got 1,873. That doesn't count Pete, Amy, Castro, etc all who got votes (likely in early voting).

The key is the increase in Dem turnout over 2016 (massive) and implications for Nov...

Trump beat HRC by roughly 9%
4,685,047 to 3,877,868 in Texas

But the Primaries in 2016 were really lopsided Cruz won and along with Trump and Rubio the Top 3 totalled 2,503,000. HRC and Bernie totalled 1,413,000 (over a million votes less).

Btw, in 2020 the GOP tallied more votes in early voting, but Democrats totalled more votes in votes cast on election day. To me, that says (with Biden winning) that people were inspired to go out on Tues to vote for Biden. You could make the argument that all the Sanders voters won't translate into votes for Biden in Nov, but I'm gonna say that is less true in Texas than it might be elsewhere. For Biden to have won Texas, he had to have had a MASSIVE turnout on election day, because polling up until March 2nd showed Sanders hovering right around a 9-11 pt lead. Which meant he likely had a significant lead in early voting as well.

So Dem voters came out in larger numbers over the 2016 Primary and GOP voters were down over 500,000 from just the Top 3 in 2016. How does that translate in Nov? No one can say for sure, but as unpopular as HRC was she only lost Texas by around 800,000 votes.

I'm not sure how the same Trump crowing about the crowds at his rallies, can spin fewer people voting in the Pub Primary in 2020 than 2016 as a positive. After all it takes far less effort to head to your local precinct and vote than it does to stand in a line for hours to hear Trump's assault on the English language. But I have no doubt that Kayleigh and Hannity will do their damndest. And of course, some will continue to lap it up...
You are a full blown communist! Not impressed with your 1000 word posts either!

Last edited:
Reactions: HillzHoozier
For an incumbent who is basically unopposed? The fact that people are showing up in the GOP primary at all would speak to a certain level of enthusiasm given the circumstances.

Sweet! I'm glad we're at full MAGA enthusiasm. Just means they'll have no excuses when DT loses in November. ;)

If the Pubs had a Super Tuesday, no one seemed to notice... :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT