ADVERTISEMENT

Reneau is coming back ….

So much for my worries/theory on him looking elsewhere to improve his draft stock...ha ha.

Its great news. He's flawed...but he'll be 18 and 8 flawed, which is something any coach should be able to work with.
I thought his late season was due to personal issues more than basketball issues. The light bulb went on early this season, and as a former teacher I’ve never seen it turn off once turned on. It’s always due to secondary issues. Glad he is returning.

Last edited:
I like Reneau. Too bad he has to play for this coaching staff. Must have gotten a bag full of money.
CMW can get Monteverde guys to the NBA. We'll see if they can get Malik to expand his game as needed, because he doesn't play above the rim like TJD and Ware.

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
Well, this will have no bearing on Ware declaring for the draft or Mgbako entering the portal. Rest assured of that.

So recruiting job #1 is keeping last season’s players from leaving (re-recruiting) and job #2 is surfing the portal. Pretty sure job #3 = profit, but I might be thinking of something else.

Reactions: Cutter1973
Well, this will have no bearing on Ware declaring for the draft or Mgbako entering the portal. Rest assured of that.
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Woodson is giving them massive raises so no not a surprise
Is that speculation or you know that for a fact. I am glad regardless just curious what went into his decision. Maybe it has something to do with TJD and his rookie season. I listen and read a lot but don't have any idea what the inside of the program is like right now.

Is that speculation or you know that for a fact. I am glad regardless just curious what went into his decision. Maybe it has something to do with TJD and his rookie season. I listen and read a lot but don't have any idea what the inside of the program is like right now.
It sounds like leal got three times as much this year so I am guessing MR would have to at least get double to come back. Just what I am assuming.

MM seems very likely to stay.
Hard to say I saw him listed in the second round of a mock draft today . If Woodson throws 2 million at him he will probably stay but he kind of knows he can name his price. MM is in a position of strengh at IU to get what he wants.

Woodson was given six million and I am guessing he already spent probably two million to keep the guys that are coming back so far. If it takes two million for MM that leaves him two million for the portal.

Hard to say I saw him listed in the second round of a mock draft today . If Woodson throws 2 million at him he will probably stay but he kind of knows he can name his price. MM is in a position of strengh at IU to get what he wants.
He did improve quite a bit this year, and I think even he would admit he wasn’t as ready as he might have thought with that rough start. Woody had his back early. I’d guess he stays — nice NIL (he is another one we have to keep) and he will get plenty of offense run his way. He has room to improve in the draft if he works at it, especially defensively.

Reactions: Vern Pain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT