ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting why it sucks...............

First two years maybe but otherwise no. You're projecting again.
So 2-2 so far.

If Archie goes to the tournament this year and wins a game he’ll have matched what Groce accomplished in his first three years.

Here is a list of all the McDonald's AA to play for IU. Who knew Ricky Calloway and Daryl Thomas were both McDonalds AA's. Folks we need better players not 3 stars from Cathedral or 3 stars from Georgia as our starting guards. Knight got studs ok we got scrubs.
Tom Baker – 1977
Ray Tolbert – 1977
Landon Turner – 1978
Isiah Thomas – 1979
John Flowers – 1981
Daryl Thomas – 1983
Delray Brooks – 1984
Ricky Calloway – 1985
Jay Edwards – 1987
Eric Anderson – 1988
Greg Graham – 1989
Pat Graham – 1989
Damon Bailey – 1990
Alan Henderson – 1991
Sherron Wilkerson – 1993
Andrae Patterson – 1994
Neil Reed – 1994
Jason Collier – 1996
Luke Recker – 1997
Dane Fife – 1998
Jared Jeffries – 2000
Bracey Wright – 2002
D.J. White – 2004
Eric Gordon – 2007
Cody Zeller – 2011
Yogi Ferrell – 2012
Noah Vonleh – 2013
James Blackmon Jr. – 2014
Thomas Bryant – 2015
Romeo Langford – 2018
Trayce Jackson-Davis – 2019

Impressive list! Good job! It’s too bad you don’t know anything about basketball.

Knight's best recruiting run was during his 1st 3 yrs at IU, with his best class ever being the one he got during his first full yr at IU.

on a side note, Watson pulled in one of IU's greatest classes ever 2 yrs before Knight got here.

freshmen were not eligible Knight's first yr at IU, but were made eligible by the NCAA by the time his 2nd class got here.

so Knight's 1st and 2nd classes hit the court the same yr, (except a couple who were academically ineligible till their 2nd yr), but his 1st class only got 3 yrs of eligibility, while his 2nd got 4 yrs. (bummer for Laz and Green).

Knight's 2nd yr, that Watson-Knight recruiting run made the final 4 even without Watson's crown jewel, McGinnis, (who left for the pros due to the tragic death of his father), and without the 2 academic ineligibles, (both future 1st round picks), where a screw job call cost them the title.

the great Watson class and Knight's 1st 3 classes, is probably IU's best 5 yr recruiting run of my time.

Last edited:
Go look at how John Groce did his first three years at Illinois. That’s the better comparison.
Hey stupid! I’m comparing Bennett because he brought up how great a coach Bennett is. Go read his post moron. I guess every coach is suppose to be excellent their first three years. He didn’t have a team full of players who couldn’t or wouldn’t play defense because of the previous coach. You idiots need to stop comparing coaches.

Hey stupid! I’m comparing Bennett because he brought up how great a coach Bennett is. Go read his post moron. I guess every coach is suppose to be excellent their first three years. He didn’t have a team full of players who couldn’t or wouldn’t play defense because of the previous coach. You idiots need to stop comparing coaches.
Have you reached middle school yet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT