ADVERTISEMENT

Racist July 4th attack at Lake Monroe

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
It's trending on twitter- what's being described as an attempted lynching by some drunk White Supremacists. There were witnesses (who evidently saved the day), but evidently no arrests were made.

Vauhxx Booker is a member of the HRC

There are some very racist people in Indiana. Give a lot of people that live around me a few beers they will start throwing out slurs.

lot of this is talk, I 100% don’t think there was any danger of someone being lynched. Cold blooded murder lynchings luckily doesn’t happen very often. Dumb drunk rednecks saying they hate black people and want to kill them happens daily unfortunately.

my response is usually well I’m not gonna change your opinion but I’m glad that you and people like you are dying off. Just need to wait a few more years and you guys won’t have a voice anymore, literally.

start talking about their mortality, usually scares the shit out of them. Racists are dumb by nature, usually in bad health and older in my experience. Talking to them about how they are close to dying And making the world better works well I have found!!

Racist, adulterer, removed environmental protections, sexual assaulter (and brags about it), attacks foreign leaders, bashes previous US leaders, bullies/insults anyone that doesn't kiss his feet. He is a disgrace to the office and anyone who supports that is Unamerican in my opinion.

I have plenty of reasons to not like him and know them. I bet you flunked out of kindergarten given you're stupid enough to like Trump.

Jebus just amazing that there are idiots like this running loose. Hve to believe we will learn a lot more about this in a short period of time.

This has nothing to do with IU but some will try to make it so.

Reactions: indiana ed
Who's spirit was here? Tell me with a straight face how this little girl died for a just cause, instead of just because...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...d-brooks-memorial-site/ar-BB16n3us?li=BBnb7Kz

Tell Secoriea Turner's parents that Black Lives Matter right now.
Don’t be ridiculous. We should all focus on this incident in Bloomington and ignore the soaring violent crime in large cities all over the country which disproportionately affects African Americans.

It's trending on twitter- what's being described as an attempted lynching by some drunk White Supremacists. There were witnesses (who evidently saved the day), but evidently no arrests were made.

Vauhxx Booker is a member of the HRC

Youve forwarded a tweet from someone whose twitter handle mentions poisoning cops and whose twitter bio explains she hates police.

Let’s let more info on this come to light. If all went down as the one side claims, then throw the effing book at those hilljacks. Most things in life aren’t so clear and one would think the online A-Teams would’ve learned that by now.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Who's spirit was here? Tell me with a straight face how this little girl died for a just cause, instead of just because...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...d-brooks-memorial-site/ar-BB16n3us?li=BBnb7Kz

Tell Secoriea Turner's parents that Black Lives Matter right now.

This is an unbelievably tragic situation that happened in Atlanta, and I certainly join you in hoping that the family can someday find some measure of peace, and the perpetrators are caught and suffer the full penalty of the law.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I hope the racist scumbags in the video at Lake Monroe are found, arrested, tried, and if guilty, receive a harsh sentence.

Youve forwarded a tweet from someone whose twitter handle mentions poisoning cops and whose twitter bio explains she hates police.

Let’s let more info on this come to light. If all went down as the one side claims, then throw the effing book at those hilljacks. Most things in life aren’t so clear and one would think the online A-Teams would’ve learned that by now.

The person who posted the video has a profile that says wife Mom loves memes.

The video features a man holding someone against a tree and another repeatedly calling someone a “nappy headed bitch.” I don’t feel the need to wait for further evidence to condemn those guys.

Actually I linked to sophi because she retweeted the FB post visual. Sophi was interesting because she is local and mentioned that she was in Btown on Sun and heard nothing about it. She retweeted Erika's tweet which included Vauhxx's post on FB,in which he described what happened...

I'm guessing Erika's handle is a play on the recent hysterical articles suggesting (falsely) that cops were poisoned. The topic Bloomington came up as "trending" while I was reading other items on twitter, so I was curious and went to the page. There were plenty of people discussing the incident-I just chose people who were local and provided details of what allegedly happened. It was last evening and the event happened on Sat, so it sort of broke wide open last night. I know that seeing the twitter discussion was the first inkling I had, but I don't normally read the local paper.

Here's an online HT article from earlier this morning...

https://www.hoosiertimes.com/herald...cle_2546458e-bf8d-11ea-98dd-db9b580df758.html

Reactions: brianiu
The person who posted the video has a profile that says wife Mom loves memes.

The video features a man holding someone against a tree and another repeatedly calling someone a “nappy headed bitch.” I don’t feel the need to wait for further evidence to condemn those guys.
Seems likely that these rednecks are full on shitbag racists. I’m just saying:
  1. Mainstream media hasn’t picked this up because they’re likely fact checking a lot of it
  2. I don’t like when any video starts when one side is full-on aggressive and we don’t have the precipitating video. Part of that is the nature of reaction videos but all I’m saying is wait
  3. I’m happy to lead the charge to the gallows for these red necks if they did what the one side claims
  4. A one-sided claim is almost never 100% accurate representation of what happened.
  5. We as a society need to be skeptical of these outrageous acts first and judge once facts are in and due process concludes

Don’t be ridiculous. We should all focus on this incident in Bloomington and ignore the soaring violent crime in large cities all over the country which disproportionately affects African Americans.

You don’t think a racist incident that occurred in the same county as the university this message board is dedicated to is relevant? If you want to talk about other issues, make a new thread

1. Mainstream media hasn’t picked this up because they’re likely fact checking a lot of it
  2. I don’t like when any video starts when one side is full-on aggressive and we don’t have the precipitating video. Part of that is the nature of reaction videos but all I’m saying is wait
  3. I’m happy to lead the charge to the gallows for these red necks if they did what the one side claims
  4. A one-sided claim is almost never 100% accurate representation of what happened.
  5. We as a society need to be skeptical of these outrageous acts first and judge once facts are in and due process concludes

Cosmic posted something from the HT but otherwise I don’t disagree with what you are saying. But calling someone a “nappy headed bitch” is enough for me to call you a racist regardless of what else happened.

I don’t follow. Who’s saying to do that?

This stuff never happened under Obama administration

It wasn't as open and blatant during BO's Admin, but of course, it still happened. It just seems like the kind of people who engage in these overt racist acts seem more emboldened by Trump and his rhetoric... I definitely notice it on the yahoo forums...

Interesting analysis...

Seems Trump inspires violence from both supporters and opponents

https://abcn.ws/3ehIsdz

"Reviewing police reports and court records, ABC News found that in at least 12 cases perpetrators hailed Trump in the midst or immediate aftermath of physically assaulting innocent victims. In another 18 cases, perpetrators cheered or defended Trump while taunting or threatening others. And in another 10 cases, Trump and his rhetoric were cited in court to explain a defendant's violent or threatening behavior.

(MORE: 7 key questions about the threat of domestic terrorism in America)
When three Kansas men were on trial for plotting to bomb a largely-Muslim apartment complex in Garden City, Kansas, one of their lawyers told the jury that the men "were concerned about what now-President Trump had to say about the concept of Islamic terrorism." Another lawyer insisted Trump had become "the voice of a lost and ignored white, working-class set of voters," and Trump's rhetoric meant someone "who would often be at a 7 during a normal day, might ‘go to 11.'"

Thirteen cases identified by ABC News involved violent or threatening acts perpetrated in defiance of Trump, with many of them targeting Trump's allies in Congress. But the vast majority of the cases – 41 of the 54 – reflect someone echoing presidential rhetoric, not protesting it.

ABC News could not find a single criminal case filed in federal or state court where an act of violence or threat was made in the name of President Barack Obama or President George W. Bush.

The 54 cases identified by ABC News are remarkable in that a link to the president is captured in court documents and police statements, under the penalty of perjury or contempt. These links are not speculative – they are documented in official records. And in the majority of cases identified by ABC News, it was perpetrators themselves who invoked the president in connection with their case, not anyone else."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17-cases-invoking-trump/story?id=58912889

Reactions: Bill4411
Reactions: tooold4

The guy who was attacked was with a single friend. The fact that there is a whole crowd of bystanders yelling "let him go" should be a clue as to what precipitated the filming, which IIRC was done by one of those bystanders attracted to the commotion. There is no previous video, because it sounds like the attack took the 2 guys by surprise as the guys chased them down on ATVs...

Videos of the event surfaced on social media over the weekend. Local attorney Katherine Liell posted on her professional Facebook account that she is representing Vauhxx Booker, who reported the incident.
This isn't going to go away with Kitty Liell involved. She goes for the jugular.

Law enforcement needs to deal with this promptly and thoroughly. This is the type of incident which allowed to fester can have very serious consequences for IU, academically, and athletically. People are not going to want to send their kids to attend school in an area where they are afraid of the school's ability to provide a safe environment...

After the head of some White Supremacist student group at KSU posted racists memes on twitter and Instagram and the University failed to act, a number of students and athletes started a boycott. An All-American WBB player announced she would not play until something was done, and she started to receive threatening DMs full of race-based hatred.

I don't praise Mitch Daniels for much, but the way KSU and PU handled similar situations were basically opposite. Purdue expelled the offender as a threat to public safety, while KSU refused to do so and people protested as a result. Keep in mind, these were just racist posts,while the situation at Lake Monroe involved an actual assault,which many view as an attempted Lynching...

IU isn't involved directly but could suffer if the city fails to act. This can't be swept under the carpet...

Reactions: IUAPEX
Law enforcement needs to deal with this promptly and thoroughly. This is the type of incident which allowed to fester can have very serious consequences for IU, academically, and athletically. People are not going to want to send their kids to attend school in an area where they are afraid of the school's ability to provide a safe environment...

After the head of some White Supremacist student group at KSU posted racists memes on twitter and Instagram and the University failed to act, a number of students and athletes started a boycott. An All-American WBB player announced she would not play until something was done, and she started to receive threatening DMs full of race-based hatred.

I don't praise Mitch Daniels for much, but the way KSU and PU handled similar situations were basically opposite. Purdue expelled the offender as a threat to public safety, while KSU refused to do so and people protested as a result. Keep in mind, these were just racist posts,while the situation at Lake Monroe involved an actual assault,which many view as an attempted Lynching...

IU isn't involved directly but could suffer if the city fails to act. This can't be swept under the carpet...
Just please note that you have completely decided, with half of a video, no arrests or corroborating witness statements yet made public, what has happened.

That is a problem, my friend. Slow down, let the cops do their jobs, and wait and see.

Also I hope that everyone knows there are two Bloomington’s, the one associated with the school and the one that is not. They are vastly different.

I don’t think the kid at KSU should’ve been expelled. His joke was insensitive and borderline racist but still Constitutionally protected. Public universities shouldn’t be the arbiters of what speech is acceptable and not acceptable.

I don’t think the kid at KSU should’ve been expelled. His joke was insensitive and borderline racist but still Constitutionally protected. Public universities shouldn’t be the arbiters of what speech is acceptable and not acceptable.

I'm old enough to remember when freedom of expression had a plain well-understood meaning. Now freedom of expression has a shrinking box around it.

I admire Mitch Daniels in a number of ways. But he is flat dead wrong here.

"Daniels "determined that, in addition to being racist and despicable, repeated statements posted on social media by Lawrence appear plainly intended to incite others, and therefore, create a risk of public safety issues in the current environment,"
Those officials who think they have the singular authority to censor speech are a greater danger than social media posts believed to incite others.

I'm old enough to remember when freedom of expression had a plain well-understood meaning. Now freedom of expression has a shrinking box around it.

I admire Mitch Daniels in a number of ways. But he is flat dead wrong here.

"Daniels "determined that, in addition to being racist and despicable, repeated statements posted on social media by Lawrence appear plainly intended to incite others, and therefore, create a risk of public safety issues in the current environment,"
Those officials who think they have the singular authority to censor speech are a greater danger than social media posts believed to incite others.

Didn't you want to shut down protests over rioting? How does that fit with the bottom paragraph?

Didn't you want to shut down protests over rioting?

No.

How does that fit with the bottom paragraph?

Reasonable time and place restrictions on speech are part of first amendment jurisprudence. These restrictions are not to be exercised by individuals on an ad hoc basis. More importantly, riots, even those motivated by politics, are not speech.

No.

Reasonable time and place restrictions on speech are part of first amendment jurisprudence. These restrictions are not to be exercised by individuals on an ad hoc basis. More importantly, riots, even those motivated by politics, are not speech.

I would suggest the riots and the protests were two different events. A small number of people attended both, but most only protested. And a few only rioted/looted.

I am largely libertarian on these issues, I think a public university has a need to be exceedingly cautious before action minus a clear and present danger. Now there might be exceptions, the right to represent a university in an extra curricular, like a sport, does not hold the same safeguard as attending. Heck, they could even make hate speech a disqualification for scholarships. But for attendance, I find it too far (again minus a clear and present danger).

It seemed all the conservatives were demanding the protests be shut down, I must have just assumed you were in that crowd of protesters.

It seemed all the conservatives were demanding the protests be shut down, I must have just assumed you were in that crowd of protesters.

I never got that impression. In fact, the conservatives whom I heard comment about George Floyd agreed he was a victim of excessive force and public marches about that were justified.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT