ADVERTISEMENT

Race is returning

It’s strange to me too. Although I’m guessing Trey has always been bigger, faster, and stronger than his peers, up until college obviously. So he was probably always asked to make plays going to the basket.

He’s a more capable shooter than what he’s shown at IU thus far. But yeah, you would have thought that part of his countless hours in the gym with his dads teams would have led to a better shot.
It definitely is the bigger, stronger, faster aspect of it that allowed him to get away with it till now. I, like lots of kids was very effective shooting the way he does, but I was not the aforementioned and fortunately ran into a Boys Club coach that demanded correct form or you don't play. I changed it and was better for it. It almost feels unnatural to shoot the wrong way after you shoot the right way. Problem is I was 11 and he's what 21? That's going to be difficult to fix now

I do not know how to develop players but I have always thought that if he could be a 2 he would be a heck of a 2.
That’s not developing players. That is magically changing them into another person. His handle will never be good enough to play the two in college or the NBA. He’s an off the ball, defender, energy guy. And that’s OK.

He's a good player but he's not as great as a lot of IU fans make him out to be, he was also horrible down the stretch.
That's 100% correct..
Race is a nice player...But he's not near what we need to jump up to the level everyone wants on this board.
He'd be great as a guy off the bench..But it is..What it is..Woodson is supposed to get us to that level..Let's see if it's another up tick next year.. And year after that.

That’s not developing players. That is magically changing them into another person. His handle will never be good enough to play the two in college or the NBA. He’s an off the ball, defender, energy guy. And that’s OK.
Handle means ball handling correct?
Why can’t that be taught and practiced?

That's 100% correct..
Race is a nice player...But he's not near what we need to jump up to the level everyone wants on this board.
He'd be great as a guy off the bench..But it is..What it is..Woodson is supposed to get us to that level..Let's see if it's another up tick next year.. And year after that.
Yeah, I agree. His return might win us 2 more games next year, but he's not getting any better and just hogging minutes from actual progress where we take our lumps and learn. I don't like it, is 5 years not enough to know that you're not a pro, Nope need six to know for sure. A mind set like that is not going to do the team any benefit if it's just I came back for year 6 for NIL money, and let's be honest, who the hell would pay him for that, maybe a Purdue donor? I guess somebody, but wow.

Yeah, I agree. His return might win us 2 more games next year, but he's not getting any better and just hogging minutes from actual progress where we take our lumps and learn. I don't like it, is 5 years not enough to know that you're not a pro, Nope need six to know for sure. A mind set like that is not going to do the team any benefit if it's just I came back for year 6 for NIL money, and let's be honest, who the hell would pay him for that, maybe a Purdue donor? I guess somebody, but wow.
He already has a NIL contract! I wish everybody played with the same effort & attitude as Race!!

Your takes get worse by the day. If JG improves he’ll share the floor with Race or eat into his minutes. Playing a kid because he has “potential” for the sake of playing time doesn’t work. It’s the same nonsense you spewed about Lander for two years.

Race has improved every single year at IU and was one of the most consistent players night in and night out last season in the B10. He brings effort and leadership every game. Telling a kid who averaged 12 and 8 last year that there’s no room for him is just a lousy take.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT