ADVERTISEMENT

Race and Trayce in Knoxville hanging out with Manning

awesome for them! We had a neighborhood party that day and in the midst of prepping for that, I didn't have that game on! I thought it was the late game anyway, but glad for Rocky Top. It's been a long time for them... sorta like another program I know!

Looks like Race is a diehard Peyton Manning fan...LOL!

FfNGnKsWQAAY0no

If Alabama's kicker had hit his kick then would UT fans still feel good about themselves? Just think how flimsy sports bliss is? Just one kick!!!!! lol
that's sports. What if Smart or Watford don't make just one shot?

that's sports. What if Smart or Watford don't make just one shot?
If Smart doesn’t make the shot “it was bucket”, we don’t win a National championship, that year in Bloomington loses much of its awesomeness (for me).

if Watford doesn’t make that, I’m a little fuzzy on the implications. I’ve blocked from my memory banks much of the Crean era. I know it was a non conference game so it’s not like winning the game won us anything. Was that shot pre-tee shirts (was the big winner the person that made the we’re back shirts)? Did the Wat shot prolong the Crean era?

I’m trying to remember in this cob webbed cranium of mine: no wat shot, no pop corn boxes with his picture, no we’re back shirts, no cancellation of the UK rivalry.,..would we have ended up missing the thrill of the game winner, but Brad Stevens is our coach? Mind is too foggy.

If Smart doesn’t make the shot “it was bucket”, we don’t win a National championship, that year in Bloomington loses much of its awesomeness (for me).

if Watford doesn’t make that, I’m a little fuzzy on the implications. I’ve blocked from my memory banks much of the Crean era. I know it was a non conference game so it’s not like winning the game won us anything. Was that shot pre-tee shirts (was the big winner the person that made the we’re back shirts)? Did the Wat shot prolong the Crean era?

I’m trying to remember in this cob webbed cranium of mine: no wat shot, no pop corn boxes with his picture, no we’re back shirts, no cancellation of the UK rivalry.,..would we have ended up missing the thrill of the game winner, but Brad Stevens is our coach? Mind is too foggy.
There’s a photo from when Smart hit “the shot” as it’s going through the hoop and you’ll notice that IU had all 4 other players surrounding the hoop for the rebound. They were in position and there was enough time for a put back if he missed. That team like all Knight teams was fundamentally sound.

I don't really know what the implications would have been of Wat missing, but it was a regular season game, just as the UT vs Bama game was, so I think it's comparable. It was really just a great moment for 2 programs that had lost their national luster.

Wasn't the conclusion of the Wat shot year, us getting beaten by the same UK team in the tourney? Think we were right in that game, but UK made a ridiculous #/percentage of free throws?

Reactions: UncleMark
There’s a photo from when Smart hit “the shot” as it’s going through the hoop and you’ll notice that IU had all 4 other players surrounding the hoop for the rebound. They were in position and there was enough time for a put back if he missed. That team like all Knight teams was fundamentally sound.
glad we don't have to worry about the rebound! Here's the pic and while we are in good position, I'd not agree all 4 IU guys had their guy blocked out and were in good position. The most likely "miss" from the baseline would be to the opposite side where it looks to me like Seikaly has Garrett blocked out. Hillman and Thomas have good position and Seikaly might be too far under the basket, but I think he has the best position if there was a rebound to be had! Fortunately, there was not!

1233955-2508403337.jpg

Reactions: Harry Hondo
glad we don't have to worry about the rebound! Here's the pic and while we are in good position, I'd not agree all 4 IU guys had their guy blocked out and were in good position. The most likely "miss" from the baseline would be to the opposite side where it looks to me like Seikaly has Garrett blocked out. Hillman and Thomas have good position and Seikaly might be too far under the basket, but I think he has the best position if there was a rebound to be had! Fortunately, there was not!

1233955-2508403337.jpg
I think Seikaly might be too far under. It depends on how far the ball bounces off and if Garrett can react faster. Ultimately, I like our chances better than Syracuse. It comes up short and Thomas is right there.

Wow, that's some heavy duty editing and review work!
Saw it posted elsewhere and just reposted it.

I wonder if the person who posted it on reddit saw it in real time and recognized them?

1233955-2508403337.jpg
Black and white? Really?

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
why do most people make hand gestures when getting their picture taken, Trayce seems to always do the two-finger point

They got to experience a big time university town.
Now, back in little Mayberry……er Bloomington.
UT Knoxville 2021 enrollment was 31, 700 - IU Bloomington 48,900. Other than a stadium that seats 102,000, nothing "big-time" about UT Knoxville. Nice town, but Bloomington beats it hands down in every other respect.

Any other 'pearls' you care to offer?

UT Knoxville 2021 enrollment was 31, 700 - IU Bloomington 48,900. Other than a stadium that seats 102,000, nothing "big-time" about UT Knoxville. Nice town, but Bloomington beats it hands down in every other respect.

Knoxville is better than Lincoln, NB but not much. Same game day transformation though.

I think Seikaly might be too far under. It depends on how far the ball bounces off and if Garrett can react faster. Ultimately, I like our chances better than Syracuse. It comes up short and Thomas is right there.
As long as the bound doesn't go as far out as the FT line, it goes right back up and in....likely on a dunk.

Reactions: Harry Hondo

It’s a town invested in its sports and they have not only more in attendance at football by a long shot but draw essentially the same as IU in basketball. Knoxville is nothing to write home about but we aren’t comparing aesthetics. We are talking environments: crowds, people and support for the two revenue sports. Bottom line, IU is a small-time operation compared to other universities.

It’s a town invested in its sports and they have not only more in attendance at football by a long shot but draw essentially the same as IU in basketball. Knoxville is nothing to write home about but we aren’t comparing aesthetics. We are talking environments: crowds, people and support for the two revenue sports. Bottom line, IU is a small-time operation compared to other universities.
Yep, "small-time" captures the spirit and reality of AH and IU BB perfectly.

Bloomington not being home to a huge and rabid football program doesn't make IU "small-time". And just because it fits your sour narrative doesn't make it true. But you do you - am going to enjoy the BB Season.

Reactions: hickorytree1
Yep, "small-time" captures the spirit and reality of AH and IU BB perfectly.

Bloomington not being home to a huge and rabid football program doesn't make IU "small-time". And just because it fits your sour narrative doesn't make it true. But you do you - am going to enjoy the BB Season.
Yes it does make them small time. No different than Duke or Villanova. The big time universities have big followings and good success in both. Say Wisconsin or Michigan State would be a benchmark? One sport doesn’t supersede another. Equal footing with good coaches at both and good, solid results.
IU had a brief stretch from 1987 - 1994. Best stretch in IU sports history. Championships and bowl games. A great combination. And IU was right there with its Big Ten brethren. Now, not so much. Those that were around at that time remember that time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT