ADVERTISEMENT

Mgbako

Wouldn’t kids wanting to be one and done, think about keeping their noses clean?
He exhibited Karen behavior, aka acting like an entitled jerk.

He's been told he's the next NBA star by everyone in his life for the past 2+ years. He's been given hundreds of thousands of dollars before he even set foot on a college campus. It's not exactly surprising that he has become a Karen.

The side effect of all these teenagers becoming wealthy off NIL money. There will be more and more entitled Karens out there.

He's been told he's the next NBA star by everyone in his life for the past 2+ years. He's been given hundreds of thousands of dollars before he even set foot on a college campus. It's not exactly surprising that he has become a Karen.

The side effect of all these teenagers becoming wealthy off NIL money. There will be more and more entitled Karens out there.
They've never been held accountable. Where are their parents?

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU

There have been a lot of talented freshmen at IU who have not been arrested. I'd send him a very clear reminder with a multi-game suspension right away and time spent helping the managers.

Sounds like he did leave and went to an adjacent parking lot. I bet if that’s true this thing gets thrown out.

Sounds like you didn't read what the police said.

I did. This is coming out on a more trustworthy board. You are going off what the police reported to the media. I grew up in Bloomington and they(BPD) aren’t exactly thorough. He left the drive thru after the police got there and drove to the adjacent lot. That’s were the rest of the altercation happened.

I did. This is coming out on a more trustworthy board. You are going off what the police reported to the media. I grew up in Bloomington and they(BPD) aren’t exactly thorough.
Whoever told you going to an adjacent parking lot somehow fixes this and gets the charges dismissed has a piss poor understanding of the law, or is intentionally misleading you.

He caused a disturbance in public, he refused to identify himself to the police, he ignored multiple police commands over the course of 15+ minutes, and he was combative when being removed from his vehicle. They aren't throwing the charges out over what parking lot it took place in.

If this is his first offense, he can probably start doing community service immediately and his lawyer could get the charges dismissed by showing the judge the community service he's doing.

Whoever told you going to an adjacent parking lot somehow fixes this and gets the charges dismissed has a piss poor understanding of the law, or is intentionally misleading you.

He caused a disturbance in public, he refused to identify himself to the police, he ignored multiple police commands over the course of 15+ minutes, and he was combative when being removed from his vehicle. They aren't throwing the charges out over what parking lot it took place in.

If this is his first offense, he can probably start doing community service immediately and his lawyer could get the charges dismissed by showing the judge the community service he's doing.
What im saying is the way judges in Monroe county work is his lawyer will get this thrown out. I’m not saying he’s in the right. I should make that clear. I’m also pointing out how different the story in the media can be.

I did. This is coming out on a more trustworthy board. You are going off what the police reported to the media. I grew up in Bloomington and they(BPD) aren’t exactly thorough. He left the drive thru after the police got there and drove to the adjacent lot. That’s were the rest of the altercation happened.
Why believe the police? I thought everyone knew that the Bloomington PD was part of the "deep state" and everything they say is a lie when it fits our narrative.
I'm sure there are 2 sides to the story but the BPD were called by the restaurant for someone acting out, refusing to leave the drive through lane which infringes on their business after they merely asked him to leave. It could have easily ended there but MM decided to push things over a friggin' Taco Bell taco. At best it shows an incredible lack of judgement on his part.
I expect Woody speaks with his parents and verbally kicks his ass and imposes some kind of penalty that is meaningful yet lets him know he represents IU basketball and the University.
I hope MM learns something from this.
I'm sure we've all done worse things but we're not "newsworthy".

Last edited:
What im saying is the way judges in Monroe county work is his lawyer will get this thrown out. I’m not saying he’s in the right. I should make that clear. I’m also pointing out how different the story in the media can be.
It will get thrown out for a variety of reasons but what a stupid thing to have done in the 1st place. MM could have walked away after multiple opportunities but he didn't.

Sounds like you didn't read what the police said.

It sounds like you didn't either though, if we're being truthful.

Same answer to every question - "Don't they know who I am?"
Directly from the article you posted.

Police said Mgbako initially didn’t identify himself but eventually gave his name.

None of us were there. The truth will come out eventually, but I think the basics are that he pulled a bone headed move and didn't just go home. He probably shouldn't have been there at 2 am to begin with.

let's not blame his being a total ass on his good fortune.

Ding!! Remember the “Taco Bell is open late” commercials of a year or 2 ago? Where the effected person, when hearing the Taco 🌮 Bell “ding”, wanders away from his friends in a trance and has to have Taco Bell? I think that’s what must’ve happened. 😉.

Reactions: Boilerpointe81

I assume most folks see the same videos I do and I have no idea why the ended up in my feed, but there are literally hundreds/thousands of videos on Youtube of folks who basically shut down the police, keep their windows mostly rolled up and refuse to provide identification or answer questions. I'm sure there's some jackass in just about every young person's friend group who tells them "you don't have to cooperate or provide ID if the police pull you over." I always try and be cooperative with police, but I'd imagine they encounter folks daily who aren't and MM may have seen or been influenced by those videos.

Here's just the first one that popped up, but there are tons:

At least initially, until he started refusing to identify himself or hamper police, he probably hadn't actually committed any crimes until he didn't leave the property when he was told he'd been trespassed and ask to leave. So if he did leave and didn't return, that's a pretty important issue I would think (not in LE). Don't think it's against the law to argue with anyone, including servers/workers, unless you are threatening them and I think the police were probably just trying to mostly diffuse the situation until he began not cooperating with them, and/or returned to the property.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT