ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Buckner

I just wanted to confirm that my intent was not to bag on Quinn-there is plenty of blame to go around-maybe including the AD-for him having absolutely no clue about CTA. That's what the football team continues to battle.

Well, I'm not the one making the allegation, so I have nothing to ask.
But you asked the question: "So, "What happens in the lockerroom stays in the lockerroom" is a dead concept, or is it just dead at Indiana University?" So yes, you did have something to ask.

I answered.

But you asked the question: "So, "What happens in the lockerroom stays in the lockerroom" is a dead concept, or is it just dead at Indiana University?" So yes, you did have something to ask.

I answered.
My question was in response to the allegation that Knight bad-mouthed the football program in the lockerroom.

Personally, while I have trouble believing Knight could have and did bad-mouth anyone at any time, I really don't see him talking down the football program, much less in his locker room. I think he saw his locker room as sacro-sanct and when you were in it, your mind was to be on basketball -- and ONLY on basketball. I don't think he would have taken the valuable time away from basketball to bad-mouth the football program.

And that is why I asked my question. I'm sorry, I thought that was fairly obvious. I apologize if that was a false assumption on my part.

and the wear and tear of the gridiron was beginning to catch up with him when Knight asked him to make a choice of one sport or the other (knowing he'd pick hoops).

Asked? :)

I have a vague recollection of Buckner playing the Purdue game and then playing starting guard for the basketball team within like three days or something ridiculous like that, essentially stepping in with (nearly) zero practice time with the team. But I may be dreaming.

Asked? :)

I have a vague recollection of Buckner playing the Purdue game and then playing starting guard for the basketball team within like three days or something ridiculous like that, essentially stepping in with (nearly) zero practice time with the team. But I may be dreaming.
The story was that he went from the Purdue game to an exhibition game and was asked to go in for Kim Pemberton, and then had to ask who KP was. Saying Knight "asked" him to choose might be a little kind, by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT