ADVERTISEMENT

Question?

Dec 17, 2018
Do you guys really think Fitzner really out shines Moore and Forrester in practice? Hell I’ll even throw Davis in there. I can’t see him being that much better than them in practice. Have I lost it?

Do you guys really think Fitzner really out shines Moore and Forrester in practice? He’ll ill even throw Davis in there. I can’t see him being that much better than them in practice. Have I lost it?
Where was the last place you looked for it?

If Fitzner hits from outside, then that opens the middle for all the others.

Don't really know how they are doing in practice; but, everyone will get a chance today.

From what I'm reading, Davis is really trying.

Do you guys really think Fitzner really out shines Moore and Forrester in practice? Hell I’ll even throw Davis in there. I can’t see him being that much better than them in practice. Have I lost it?
Davis has been playing much better and he's coming back from injury, he doesn't belong in this discussion. Davis(when he's healthy) is one of the best interior scorers on this team. As far as Fitzner goes it's more about fit to this team specifically. Archie likes to have a faceup 4 rather than 2 guys clogging the lane inside. Not to mention his experience should be an asset in the Big 10.

Moore and Forrester still have a ways to go learning to guard the pick and roll.

Davis has been playing much better and he's coming back from injury, he doesn't belong in this discussion. Davis(when he's healthy) is one of the best interior scorers on this team. As far as Fitzner goes it's more about fit to this team specifically. Archie likes to have a faceup 4 rather than 2 guys clogging the lane inside. Not to mention his experience should be an asset in the Big 10.

Moore and Forrester still have a ways to go learning to guard the pick and roll.
The guy couldn’t guard me and I’m old and fat. He also couldn’t outrebound my 9 year old daughter. If we’re playing an athletic team he’s a liability unless they play a zone or he’s red hot. He’s a niche player. I want more Moore! And leavening how to guard the pick and roll? F dude it’s not that damn hard!

The guy couldn’t guard me and I’m old and fat. He also couldn’t outrebound my 9 year old daughter. If we’re playing an athletic team he’s a liability unless they play a zone or he’s red hot. He’s a niche player. I want more Moore! And leavening how to guard the pick and roll? F dude it’s not that damn hard!
Did you watch the 3 point plays Moore gave up on the pick and roll at Penn State? Not to mention the backdoor dunk? Teams in the BIG will continue to attack him that way until he proves he can guard it.

Davis has absolutely improved the last few games since the Achilles injury, it's the hardest thing to come back from. He's also starting to get in better shape. His defensive positioning has improved as well and we need his size and scoring ability when Juwan needs a breather during Big 10 season. He struggles against stretch 5s that can shoot but there aren't many of those in the Big 10. We will need Davis' size when Juwan is tired or in foul trouble and we need someone to guard the Nick Ward's and Jordan Murphy's of the world. He's also one of the most efficient post scorers on the roster.

We absolutely will need Davis going forward.

Reactions: snarlcakes
The guys on the team who can score include Davis. Fitzner can hit baskets but he seems to be terrible at getting open and being in a position to take shots.

Moore may be improving, particularly defensively, but it would appear Fitzner is still ahead of him in shooting/scoring.

But there is certainly room there if Smith or Green or Al can step up and take on a more consistent scoring load.

In 95, there was Hendo and Evans doing all the scoring with a big drop off to Patterson and Reed. Same problem this year.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Did you watch the 3 point plays Moore gave up on the pick and roll at Penn State? Not to mention the backdoor dunk? Teams in the BIG will continue to attack him that way until he proves he can guard it.

Davis has absolutely improved the last few games since the Achilles injury, it's the hardest thing to come back from. He's also starting to get in better shape. His defensive positioning has improved as well and we need his size and scoring ability when Juwan needs a breather during Big 10 season. He struggles against stretch 5s that can shoot but there aren't many of those in the Big 10. We will need Davis' size when Juwan is tired or in foul trouble and we need someone to guard the Nick Ward's and Jordan Murphy's of the world. He's also one of the most efficient post scorers on the roster.

We absolutely will need Davis going forward.
That back screen wasn’t all his fault. He may have been a little out of position which made him screenshle but Al could have warned him or switched but he did neither. Did you see how he altered shots while in there and how he got IU the last possession of the half. For his first time in a real game he played very well. He will only improve.

Davis being Davis .He is what he is.
I bang on him hard.He has been playing better though. That said Buffalo last night has two guy's that are on Morgan's level. .Two ! At Buffalo !!.
I'll be glad when we only have TJD's and Hopefully Brooks with their athleticism. .

Davis being Davis .He is what he is.
I bang on him hard.He has been playing better though. That said Buffalo last night has two guy's that are on Morgan's level. .Two ! At Buffalo !!.
I'll be glad when we only have TJD's and Hopefully Brooks with their athleticism. .

Lighten up. You'll be glad of DD before the Season's done.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT