ADVERTISEMENT

Phinisee on Dakich Show

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Phin just did about 10 minutes with Dakich at the top of his show. I'll come back and post the link when they put it up on the website, but a few things he said that I thought were worth mentioning:

• Woody doesn't let them take plays off. Even if you're not on the floor in practice, you better be paying attention or you'll hear about it.
  • Catches shite every time he goes home and he needed the win
  • The staff put up the pu picture of AH with their logo at halfcourt in the locker room and used it to motivate them.
  • He knew the second shot was in and when sasha went under the screen, he knew he'd have time to get it off.
Nice interview.

Here's the link to the show https://omny.fm/shows/the-dan-dakich-show/best-of-the-dan-dakich-show-friday-1-21-22

Last edited:
It looked to me that Sasha made the right call by going under the screen - provided the shortest distance to Rob's spot. But credit Rob for getting off a good shot.

Purdue's play to isolate Ivey was a bust because Indiana switched and TJD was guarding Ivey. I doubt that's what Painter had in mind.

Last edited:
It looked to me that Sasha made the right call by going under the screen - provided the shortest distance to Rob's spot. But credit Rob for getting off a good shot.

Purdue's play to isolate Ivey was a bust because Indiana switched and TJD was guarding Ivey. I doubt that's what Painter had in mind.
Exactly. Just like their plan to get Trayce fouled out of the game. For 7/8 of the game Pork Chop was outmaneuvered by Coach Woodson. Also Woodson gained even more of my respect (if possible) by taking the refs to task on 3 occasions I saw.

Not making excuses, but Ivey looked hurt the last few minutes of the game. Cramping or something tweaked. Purdue, Matt Painter, is going to have to rest him as CCC this season goes on. For Purdue to be successful, Ivey needs to be healthy. 100%. IU is learning to win without Trace. Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

I was happy to see it was Kopp who got the assist for Phinisee's final shot. He had a rough night, otherwise, but his assist was a big one.

This is the picture that Rob described during the interview.

60032bfccdccd.image.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT