ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue

I don’t think it happened. It’s internet myth. like Crean’s intestinal disturbance during an in-home, it never happened. It’s just a story to make Archie look foolish. I’m surprised it gets repeated here.
He talked about it twice in his announcement video. Once in the beginning when talking about what differentiated each of the finalists and then again on the back half that was focused on why purdue. Easily found on youtube, but it's 20 min of your life you'll never get back.

Knight coached at Indiana 8 years before Keady arrived dipshit. Read before getting bent out of shape. The poster never said Knight had a better H2H record against Keady, rather Knight had a winning record against PURDUE.
Wow! My mistake.
Perhaps Archie should use that in his pregame speech?

He talked about it twice in his announcement video. Once in the beginning when talking about what differentiated each of the finalists and then again on the back half that was focused on why purdue. Easily found on youtube, but it's 20 min of your life you'll never get back.
I posted the link from his own site for the lazy ass.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Knight coached at Indiana 8 years before Keady arrived dipshit. Read before getting bent out of shape. The poster never said Knight had a better H2H record against Keady, rather Knight had a winning record against PURDUE.
Actually, Knight coached at IU 9 years before Keady, not 8.

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
that is a rather odd/random stat.

RMK> Purdue
Keady > RMK
Keady < IU

So Bob won more before Gene, but Gene won less after Bob.

so much for the transitive theory of geometry.

Gene Keady has less:

Tourney appearances
Big Ten titles
Final Four's
National Titles

Gene Keady is a hall of fame coach but inferior in any and every way possible to Bob Knight.

lol . . . Nice try. “Coach” didn’t know something after being a jerk to someone who didn’t know something. It’s a familiar pattern.

8 years vs 9 years was irrelevant to the point that was being made. Purdue poster A with inferiority complex gets bent out of shape on something that was never said. No IU poster claimed Bob Knight had better H2H record against Gene.

8 years vs 9 years was irrelevant to the point that was being made. Purdue poster A with inferiority complex gets bent out of shape on something that was never said. No IU poster claimed Bob Knight had better H2H record against Gene.
I wonder how Painter is doing against IU?

Gene Keady has less:

Tourney appearances
Big Ten titles
Final Four's
National Titles

Gene Keady is a hall of fame coach but inferior in any and every way possible to Bob Knight.
Not necessarily true. Way better combover, and once Bob went to sweaters, it was no contest in jacket tossing. No one tossed their jacket better than Mean Gene.

Lol. Maybe a nap would help.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Not necessarily true. Way better combover, and once Bob went to sweaters, it was no contest in jacket tossing. No one tossed their jacket better than Mean Gene.
I still cannot figure out what RMK was doing when he would pull his sweater up so that it cuffed near the top of his pot belly. My Purdue buddies would look at me in question, and my response was always "....dunno...I got nothing...have I mentioned those 5 banners?? "

If Archie Miller loses both games to Purdue he will be fired. If Archie is 0-7 vs Purdue in a 4 year span and has 0 NCAA Tournament Appearances there can’t be any way he stays or Scott Dolson and IU has absolutely 0 interest in a good basketball program.
It's possible and would definitely be deserved if all that transpires as probably will. I'd like him gone yesterday, its obviously not working here.

I think he over achieved at Dayton by using schemes that don't work in power conferences. Sure, if you have decent talent and play that way, you'll surprise an MSU or similar in an off year for them, but in general, he's trying to make MAC success translate to the B10 regularly and its not working. Part of that is talent, but that's on him too after 4 years. What is more disheartening about the future is that I'm pretty convinced that he doesn't know any other way to coach, if he did, why not mix it up? A coach that cannot adapt to succeed every year to what they have on the roster is not a good coach. Coaches like Boeheim that do run systems actually recruit to that, AM doesn't

I worry they'll bring him back just because of COVID and not being able to entice a good candidate until its over

Reactions: dbmhoosier
I wonder if Painter will ever make it to the FF? The answer: nope.

he was darn close. Closer than maybe we’ll ever get.

here is a question: at what point does painters resume exceed that of Keady’s? I haven’t crunched the numbers but it seems it’s got to be close.

here is a question: at what point does painters resume exceed that of Keady’s? I haven’t crunched the numbers but it seems it’s got to be close.
168 more wins.
16-11 vs IU.

Maybe Crean gets back to the FF if you give him 16 years. None of the above would cut it at IU.

yeah, but couldn't you have said almost the exact same thing last year when they embarassed us in front of RMK?

I agree but this year's team is minus Devonte, DeRon and Justin Smith. It does seem to be a little different. The more the younger players get involved the more things seem to changing. It's clearly TJD's team and their culture looks better.

I don't think it has the effect that some think. I never got the feeling that Furst and IU had huge interest in one another. I don't think Furst strongly considered IU and never thought IU really prioritized him. Kaufman's been pretty open about his recruitment since committing. Says he liked Purdue because Purdue sold him on playing a more perimeter-oriented role while IU wanted him to play more as a PF.
That was important. That wasn't then end of the story. Let's just say he had a good relationship with Matt and thought they shared similar views as player and coach. Their chemistry type test Matt uses were in Trey's words almost a perfect match. Trey never did think there would be a problem playing with Furst even though many thought Purdue getting Furst would move Trey out. A visit back to that thread will find many posts by me before it was announced so much Purdue people were getting panicky that somehow my posts would be detrimental to Purdue landing this bright kid that wasn't about to be influenced by anyone on a forum. Purdue was in excellent shape for months. This is not to imply anything other than there was a lot of comfort that existed in this one recruiting battle.

It’s pretty widely accepted that IU pitched him as a post player. Why would Kaufman go in depth about playing the 3 (specifically mentioning it) if all the other schools were also recruiting him as a 3? (hint; they weren’t).
I think it is safe to say that 1)Trey is smart and no doubt a good interview 2) Trey had more basketball people he could trust than most recruits helping him. None of this should be considered derogatory to IU...the stars aligned for Purdue and Trey and had been for months. It is just one player that went purdue's way and position was "part" of his considerations. He almost committed before Furst.

I don't think it has the effect that some think. I never got the feeling that Furst and IU had huge interest in one another. I don't think Furst strongly considered IU and never thought IU really prioritized him. Kaufman's been pretty open about his recruitment since committing. Says he liked Purdue because Purdue sold him on playing a more perimeter-oriented role while IU wanted him to play more as a PF.

He just said he picked Purdue because MP did not want him to be a hero, just a good player. He was not a guy who would have wanted to be a Big Shot at IU or in Bloomington. He is very grounded. He wants to become a great player. He is the consummate team guy. Painter has Cuonzo Martin’s son, Stanford’s top assistant’s son and Central Catholic Coach Dave Barrett’s son. Fletcher Loyer from Homestead is also a coach’s son. Those endorsements by sons of coaches do not hurt in recruiting.

Last edited:
He just said he picked Purdue because MP did not want him to be a hero, just a good player. He was not a guy who would have wanted to be a Big Shot at IU or in Bloomington. He is very grounded. He wants to become a great player. He is the consummate team guy. Painter has Cuonzo Martun’s son, Stanford’s top assistant’s son and Central Catholic Coach Dave Barrett’s son. Loyer from Homestesd is also a coach’s son. Those endorsements by sons of coaches do not hurt in recruiting.
So the reports about him not wanting to be in the spotlight at IU were accurate?

I haven't seen anything special from Archie at this point in time. He needs to start beating PU. He needs to recruit better than he has. He needs to contend for Big Ten titles. He needs to get to the Final Four. He hasn't finished with an above .500 Big Ten record or made the NCAA's (might have snuck in last year) yet. Not much consistency. I'm starting to get impatient.

Reactions: BigMobe
Your meltdown on RR is pretty funny.

4-7

Look friend,

I can admit that I respect Kentucky's program but it doesnt mean I pull for them. Like I told Sir Courtsense, my team is INDIANA HOOSIERS (and occasionally notre dame football). Find ONE single post of mine where i haven't been ANYTHING but supportive of IU hoops and football.

Find one gall dang post and get back to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT