ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/MSU

Mild transgressions would have lead to major transgressions, would you be fine with that as well?

I'd rather lose every game than be a "cheater & a liar"
bad spelling leads to bad grammar. would you be fine with that? sorry. couldn't resist

Of course I interact with the 1 IU fan who can read or interpret the English language.

Let me try it to make it easier for you.

YoUR SEaSoN Is iN ThE CRAPpER
Your coach is Matt Painter, and he has been for the past 14 years, lol. Can't recruit, can't get past the Sweet 16.

Reactions: ufo33
Maybe you should worry about making the tournament.
Maybe PU should just start sitting them out and stop wasting their time. Matt Painter will just never make it past the Sweet 16. You have to be able to recruit the big talent, and Painter is simply a failure at recruiting.

Maybe PU should just start sitting them out and stop wasting their time. Matt Painter will just never make it past the Sweet 16. You have to be able to recruit the big talent, and Painter is simply a failure at recruiting.
I would rather go to the sweet 16 than stalk high school basketball games over some random kid who only came to your school because Louisville was in trouble with the feds.

You should be ashamed at what Archie has done to the plethora of talent he has.

I was sad when Damezi signed at IU but you can keep him. Knew there was something off when he said The University of Indiana.

I would rather go to the sweet 16 than stalk high school basketball games over some random kid who only came to your school because Louisville was in trouble with the feds.

You should be ashamed at what Archie has done to the plethora of talent he has.

I was sad when Damezi signed at IU but you can keep him. Knew there was something off when he said The University of Indiana.
Back to back years with Burger Boys: it's no fluke! PU has never done that: of course the grapes are sour! The fact that Damezi and Phinisee wouldn't give Painter the time of day speaks volumes. Painter sucks at recruiting!

Painter will never make it past the Sweet 16. Should have been fired years ago. Crean and Mike Davis have been to the Final Four, and Painter can't even "luck" into one?

Reactions: ufo33
Back to back years with Burger Boys: it's no fluke! PU has never done that: of course the grapes are sour! The fact that Damezi and Phinisee wouldn't give Painter the time of day speaks volumes. Painter sucks at recruiting!

Painter will never make it past the Sweet 16. Should have been fired years ago. Crean and Mike Davis have been to the Final Four, and Painter can't even "luck" into one?
I forgot how that current burger boy has lead your team to 6 straight loses o_O

I forgot how that current burger boy has lead your team to 6 straight loses o_O
When was the last time PU landed a recruit as highly ranked at Romeo, Glenn Robinson? LOL. Romeo didn't give Painter the time of day. Painter sucks at recruiting. Painter sucks in the NCAA's. He should have been fired a long time ago.

With all these so called top recruits IU is getting, the team sure ain’t winning. Which team is towards the top of the BIG and which team is near the bottom with a 6 game losing and counting?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
What a contrast to see what Hoosier fans said about Purdue and Matt Painter on an IU premium basketball forum. Respect!

no offense, but how great could your nephew be if he couldn't get into iu?

Admissions standards have gotten a lot tougher in Btown over the past fifteen years. A lot of alumni from the '70s, '80s and '90s wouldn't sniff admission today.

What a contrast to see what Hoosier fans said about Purdue and Matt Painter on an IU premium basketball forum. Respect!

That is a result of the Prem have no pu trolls there. A lot of what you read here are responses to the idiot trolls. It has always been that way,

You aren’t going to the tournament.

At least you can fall asleep jerking it to that one time you signed Romeo and camped out at his school.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. You're watching Matt Painter for the 14th time now: you know how the story ends. He's not going to bring in the Jimmy's and Joe's necessary to win big, and he'll never make it past the Sweet 16. You are wasting your time as a fan.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. You're watching Matt Painter for the 14th time now: you know how the story ends. He's not going to bring in the Jimmy's and Joe's necessary to win big, and he'll never make it past the Sweet 16. You are wasting your time as a fan.
Oh boy that is quite the burn if I ever did see one.

Did you come up with that one all by yourself?

Of course I interact with the 1 IU fan who can read or interpret the English language.

Let me try it to make it easier for you.

YoUR SEaSoN Is iN ThE CRAPpER

PU wins big game...PU grads all run to IU site.

Some things never change.

There's no doubt on our boards there are just as many people calling for Painter's head as there are here calling for Archie's. In the end for me I suppose, I'm glad Painter is our coach. He's an alumnus, he seems to coach and recruit clean without being a dbag embarrassment. His best tournament teams have been snakebitten by late season injuries, but at some point he needs to make a run.

Neither of our universities are anywhere near national championship level, so saying that is the only goal is premature. Coach Painter seems to have the team at a respectable, fun to watch level. Archie may get his team there, he may not. Calls for his head this year are premature, but next year has to be significantly better IMO or he has to go.

Reactions: PurdueSteve
PU can't do anything in the NCAA's. So, they have to be satisfied with winning the Big Ten as much as Crean did and the IU rivalry: it is all they have. The big name recruits in Indiana don't even give Painter the time of day.

I think Purdue fans are quite happy not getting IU recruits. Especially over the last 10 years or so. Unfortunately, stars dont always equal wins.

We have zero room to talk right now, we're approaching our 3rd straight sub .500 season and missing the tourney once again.
Close but not quite. IU was overall over .500 the last two seasons and was exactly .500 in B1G play last season. Regardless, those weren't good seasons and this one isn't any better.

I seriously doubt you could find either of IU’s law schools with a compass and a flashlight, let alone attend one, but no one considers them highly ranked. The Bloomington one is no better than 5th in the Big Ten, while Indy barely makes the top 100 nationally. As for undergrad, only Nebraska is easier to get into than IU based on objective ratings from a variety of academically focused publications.

Yes, the campus and country burg atmosphere is quaint, but people from bigger towns and cities like to visit little towns, not live and go to school there.

Sports wise, Purdue dominates IU in football and basketball. IU has never done anything nationally in football and you weren’t alive when they were last relevant in basketball. Brohm is well ahead of your high school / trade school coach, and Painter has achieved at a much greater level than Archie or Crean. His record is far better than Crean’s was and IU kept him for 9 years, and he’s much better than Archie, as the scoreboard keeps showing.

Talk about embracing the average. That could be IU’s athletic and academic motto!
So, you're saying West Lafayette is not "quaint" like Bloomington and that people from bigger towns and cities like to live in West Lafayette?

That's a remarkably intelligent observation.

Close but not quite. IU was overall over .500 the last two seasons and was exactly .500 in B1G play last season. Regardless, those weren't good seasons and this one isn't any better.
o_O Come on man, you know what I meant. I said sub .500 season. Either way, we have no room to make fun of any other teams right now.

Not sure why you guys are using the Sweet 16 in your defense. You haven't made it past that round in 17 years. Time for a new argument.

Sure you have landed higher rated recruits like Langford, Zeller, Gordon, etc...but it hasn't translated to post season success.

o_O Come on man, you know what I meant. I said sub .500 season. Either way, we have no room to make fun of any other teams right now.
Yes, you said sub .500 which means under .500. They weren't. At least be accurate and don't make those seasons even worse than they were. Even barely over .500 is bad enough.

broken-record-gif-5.gif

I think Purdue fans are quite happy not getting IU recruits. Especially over the last 10 years or so. Unfortunately, stars dont always equal wins.
You didn't want Gordon, Zeller, Oladipo, Langford, etc.? That is a stupid and sorry rationalization for poor recruiting and means you don't care about winning big. You can't win big without the big names.

You didn't want Gordon, Zeller, Oladipo, Langford, etc.? That is a stupid and sorry rationalization for poor recruiting and means you don't care about winning big. You can't win big without the big names.
Our problems this year go beyond talent. Sure we have some weaknesses, size, 3pt shooting ect.. but this team doesn't play hard, lacks heart/pride, and clearly they don't even enjoy playing together. The team chemistry this year is awful, I hope we cut off some dead weight at the end of the year.

Reactions: cjf04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT