ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/MSU

I wish that the Hoosiers came close to playing as hard as Purdue is playing today.

Definitely agree there. Haven't seen the whole thing but I would have thought Izzo would be the one guy who would put he same physical bang on them that Paiter puts out. PU doing their usual push, shove, hack and smack while MSU won't respond.

Reactions: BoilerBrych
You might have hated President Hebert but at least that dude loves basketball he was always at the games in his terry cloth sweatsuit, Does McRobbie even attend????

Reactions: BoilerBrych
Definitely agree there. Haven't seen the whole thing but I would have thought Izzo would be the one guy who would put he same physical bang on them that Paiter puts out. PU doing their usual push, shove, hack and smack while MSU won't respond.

True. The Hoosiers are very polite to their opposition.

You might have hated President Hebert but at least that dude loves basketball he was always at the games in his terry cloth sweatsuit, Does McRobbie even attend????

Should have kept Herbert and Sampson. I'd rather IU be "grey" than be a continuous loser.

How about Mitch Daniels as President for starters. McRobbie hired Glass, this is what happens when you let two liberals run a business.

Mitch Daniels is a cuckold and you’re a total dumbass for trying to inject politics on an IU basketball message board. You’ve been melting down on here for 2 days straight. Maybe step away for a minute?

What is impressive about Purdue winning is that Carsen did not have to score 50 points. This was a team win from top to bottom. Despite my issues with CMP, his teams do play hard.

Reactions: kkott
Mitch Daniels is a cuckold and you’re a total dumbass for trying to inject politics on an IU basketball message board. You’ve been melting down on here for 2 days straight. Maybe step away for a minute?
You should step away forever, idiot. You need to know something about sports to post here, and you know nothing. Go away, moron.

Reactions: russelltodd
Yea Mitch is doing a terrible job. He should be run out of town for making it more affordable for Indiana students to get a degree.

Not as bad as Fred Glass who was Evan Bayhs chief of staff.

Yea and damn him for getting Indiana a surplus Budget!
With all respect to IU, Purdue has only increased the distance between the two schools academically over the last couple decades, and that’s been the case with Mitch, too. Not saying IU isn’t solid academically, but Purdue is at another level and it’s become more exclusive in admissions while being more affordable. Check any independent review of US colleges and universities and this reality is consistently in evidence.

That Purdue has better football and basketball programs only makes it sweeter!

Last edited:
STFU moron. Your team won a huge game today and you’re on an IU message board posting about politics. You’re a total asshat. GTFO.

I can't stand either party. I vote for people who vote against their party lines the most often because I at least know they have some sort of conscience. But you are correct, time to enjoy college basketball not politics.

If it was not for Hebert Belein would have probably been our coach instead of Samson. McRobbie was at Hoosier Hysteria so I would assume he would go to some of the games.

With all respect to IU, Purdue has only increased the distance between the two schools academically over th last couple decades, and that’s been the case with Mitch, too. Not saying IU isn’t solid academically, but Purdue is at another level and it’s become more exclusive in admissions while being more affordable. Check any independent review of US colleges and universities and this reality is consistently in evidence.

PU's law and medical schools are awesome, lol. Not to mention, PU has one of the ugliest campuses in the nation. PU is a public state school: it's cute to pretend it isn't, I guess.

Painter sucks: can't recruit, can't make it past the Sweet 16. PU plays football games at Mackey, and the refs always let them get away with it. When they play neutral and away games, it is much different story. Only at Purdue would Painter last 14 years.

Last edited:
With all respect to IU, Purdue has only increased the distance between the two schools academically over the last couple decades, and that’s been the case with Mitch, too. Not saying IU isn’t solid academically, but Purdue is at another level and it’s become more exclusive in admissions while being more affordable. Check any independent review of US colleges and universities and this reality is consistently in evidence.

Isn't that interesting since my Great nephew did NOT get accepted at IU was WAS accepted at PU. Hmmm.:confused:

Reactions: 76-1
PU's law and medical schools are awesome, lol. Not to mention, PU has one of the ugliest campuses in the nation. PU is a public statement school: it's cute to pretend it isn't, I guess.

Painter sucks: can't recruit, can't make it past the Sweet 16. PU plays football games at Mackey, and the refs always let them get away with it. When they play neutral and away games, it is much different story. Only at Purdue would Painter last 14 years.
I doubt you know anything about IU’s middling ranked graduate schools, but they’re not considered upper echelon like Purdue’s are. Not close. And there’s no comparison of the undergrad experience. Purdue is universally considered to be the far superior university. Backwoods Bloomington is a nice country town, but it’s such a small town atmosphere that most people feel like they’re on a camping trip.

And Purdue has superior football and basketball programs in large part due to the superior coaching of Brohm and Painter, who regularly beat IU. It’s gotten to the point where the Purdue versus IU “rivalry” really doesn’t mean much anymore because of how uncompetitive IU is in the high profile sports. Purdue football recruiting is light years ahead of IU, and Painter can easily get who he wants to compete for Big ten championships and regular whippings of IU. Now, if Purdue ever gets futbol, IU might win. At least in the early years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT