ADVERTISEMENT

Progressive Lies Part #2.

Even with the revision, the numbers and unemployment rate are good. The initial numbers didn’t need to be higher. It’s just a revision of a very large number of jobs created, so the revision was large too. The constant paranoia and search for conspiracy theories is exhausting. It’s not a good look.
I’m not paranoid and I didn’t present any conspiracy theory.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The BLS is well know for its nonpartisanship.
This thread got off to a bad start bc of how it was framed. 3 million jobs were added in 2023. This is nearly a third of that figure for this year. So we’re relying on this in part for fed decisions etc and they are that far off. That’s pathetic.

Reactions: snarlcakes
This thread got off to a bad start bc of how it was framed. 3 million jobs were added in 2023. This is nearly a third of that figure for this year. So we’re relying on this in part for fed decisions etc and they are that far off. That’s pathetic.
I’ll also point out that a lot of the economist I follow have been claiming they’re overestimating the jobs all year. Somehow the right wingers knew, but the left wingers didn’t. I’m shocked 🙄

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
And this correction may be overstated by 500,000. Also, the Fed will not use this data to decide on rate cuts, etc. That’s not how they work. No, this entire thread is a train wreck

Reactions: Digressions
Every president since, well, forever, always crows, “look at all the jobs WE created this past quarter or year.” I’ve wondered exactly what they specifically did to create those jobs.

You take credit, then take it back when the numbers aren’t so great. But, then, the media will be nice to Joe and Kamalalala.

And this correction may be overstated by 500,000. Also, the Fed will not use this data to decide on rate cuts, etc. That’s not how they work. No, this entire thread is a train wreck

you're underestimating the importance of the report. to be that far off is absurd

At the Federal Reserve, one of our main roles is to promote maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates. This task requires accurate and timely information about the U.S. economy. Much of the vital economic information we use at the Federal Reserve comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
you're underestimating the importance of the report. to be that far off is absurd

At the Federal Reserve, one of our main roles is to promote maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates. This task requires accurate and timely information about the U.S. economy. Much of the vital economic information we use at the Federal Reserve comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
They knew a downward adjustment was coming. They’ve known for a long time.

They knew a downward adjustment was coming. They’ve known for a long time.
that's a hell of a downward adjustment and certainly belies their own letter counting on the "accurate and timely information about the U.S. economy."

Reactions: DANC
You should track the USDA numbers. Ha.

To answer your question, because bad news has a hard time catching up to good news, especially when the MSM highlights the original good news, and not the corrections? Have not the estimates for the last year or so been generally more positive than the corrections?
I appreciate you contributing time and energy schooling this propagandist.

Reactions: DANC
What experience do you have? None?
Not this again. You remember our previous discussions on military procurement where I had to correct you that the Marine Corps no longer uses tanks?

Credentials and supposed experience do not impress me.

If you work for the FBI or CIA you obviously feel there is some use in a state run, centralized intelligence or law enforcement body. As a matter of self preservation you believe in keeping the federal government the same size or expanding it (or at least your little corner of the federal government).

People that depend on maintaining or growing the size of the federal government for their livlihood are not Conservative. At least not definitionally.

“The federal government needs to cut spending, but not MEEEEE”

Grow up Peter Pan. Count Chocula.

Not this again. You remember our previous discussions on military procurement where I had to correct you that the Marine Corps no longer uses tanks?

Credentials and supposed experience do not impress me.

If you work for the FBI or CIA you obviously feel there is some use in a state run, centralized intelligence or law enforcement body. As a matter of self preservation you believe in keeping the federal government the same size or expanding it (or at least your little corner of the federal government).

People that depend on maintaining or growing the size of the federal government for their livlihood are not Conservative. At least not definitionally.

“The federal government needs to cut spending, but not MEEEEE”

Grow up Peter Pan. Count Chocula.
If you have no experience with government workers you don’t know what you’re talking about.

You were right that the Matines phased out the use of tanks, but that hardly makes you a military expert.

Your lack of credentials and expertise certainly don’t impress anyone. Definitely not me.

Last edited:
To answer your question, because bad news has a hard time catching up to good news, especially when the MSM highlights the original good news, and not the corrections? Have not the estimates for the last year or so been generally more positive than the corrections?
So wait - all this crowing by Kamala about how many jobs were created was all BS?

Say it ain't so!!!

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
I appreciate you contributing time and energy schooling this propagandist.
You don’t have a clue what is going on, do you? I asked you before because you’re old and post total nonsense regularly, do you have dementia? I’ll leave you to post your nonsense without comment if that’s the case.

You don’t have a clue what is going on, do you? I asked you before because you’re old and post total nonsense regularly, do you have dementia? I’ll leave you to post your nonsense without comment if that’s the case.
Says the guy that been on the government tit his whole life!

Says the guy that been on the government tit his whole life!
I haven’t been paid by the taxpayers for my job since I retired from the Navy in 2012, dipstick. You have a problem with military service? I suspect you were too weak, stupid or cowardly to do it. Probably all three.

I haven’t been paid by the taxpayers for my job since I retired from the Navy in 2012, dipstick. You have a problem with military service? I suspect you were too weak, stupid or cowardly to do it. Probably all three.
Bone spurs (or maybe bunions).

If you have no experience with government workers you don’t know what you’re talking about.

You were right that the Matines phased out the use of tanks, but that hardly makes you a military expert.

Your lack of credentials and expertise certainly don’t impress anyone. Definitely not me.
I have plenty of experience with government workers. Ever been to a DMV? Been through TSA?

That's what the FBI and CIA are with fancier offices.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT