ADVERTISEMENT

Polymarket

Google Newsom voter ID he just signed into law.
I don’t doubt that they passed that law. I don’t dispute it. As I said, when I registered in all 5 different states I had to show that I was a US citizen. So now I’m registered. So when I show up to vote and all the information I give them regarding birth date, address etc and it matches what the election worker has in their book, why would I need to show id? Seems pretty logical that republicans are just attempting to suppress the democratic vote. Look at the laws passed since 2020. Georgia for instance passed a law that you can be arrested for giving water to people waiting in line. Seriously?? Voter suppression at its best.

Yikes. Another terrible move

He's wrong, of course. However, my general belief about the 2020 Big Lie and January 6th is that anybody whose vote is going to be affected by those issues are already sealed up.

That's why I've never understood why Democrats keep pounding away on January 6th. I don't think anybody who hasn't already come into the Democratic fold on the basis of that event in the 4 years since it happened is going to suddenly do so now.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
He's wrong, of course. However, my general belief about the 2020 Big Lie and January 6th is that anybody whose vote is going to be affected by those issues are already sealed up.

That's why I've never understood why Democrats keep pounding away on January 6th. I don't think anybody who hasn't already come into the Democratic fold on the basis of that event in the 4 years since it happened is going to suddenly do so now.

But maybe I'm wrong.
In my view I it seems like pubs just continue to pander to and bolster the base. They’ve already bought tickets. Get off that and try to find a way to convince newbies to come.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I don’t doubt that they passed that law. I don’t dispute it. As I said, when I registered in all 5 different states I had to show that I was a US citizen. So now I’m registered. So when I show up to vote and all the information I give them regarding birth date, address etc and it matches what the election worker has in their book, why would I need to show id? Seems pretty logical that republicans are just attempting to suppress the democratic vote. Look at the laws passed since 2020. Georgia for instance passed a law that you can be arrested for giving water to people waiting in line. Seriously?? Voter suppression at its best.
Oh Lord. Did you see turnout in Georgia after that law had gone into effect? And the results? Georgia has two Democratic Senators.

I'll say this much: if the aim of that law was to suppress votes (and specifically Democratic votes), it failed miserably.

Also, if there were a bunch of people walking around who are registered to vote, who wanted to vote, who made an attempt to vote, but were unable to vote for lack of a Photo ID, I'm pretty sure we'd have a running list of their names and stories. Have you noticed that we don't know who any of these people are? If there have been instances of it happening, they're awfully isolated.

In my view I it seems like pubs just continue to pander to and bolster the base. They’ve already bought tickets. Get off that and try to find a way to convince newbies to come.
Oh, I agree. It's the flip side of what I said about the Dems continuing to pound it. When I say that everybody motivated by the outcome and aftermath of the 2020 election is already committed, I meant for both parties.

Neither party is going to win many, if any, undecided votes by harping on 2020.

Both of them seem to have this comfort zone they stay in and don't do anything (or at least not much that's discernable) to bring anyone over to their side. 2 hogs enjoying their respective muddy wallows.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You guys will absolutely believe anything. 😂😂😂
Rewatching the video, I can believe that Biden said "By the way...she's not as strong as me" and that Obama responded by nodding and saying "That's true."

This video starts right about the time I think Biden may have said this. As the old NFL spots said "You Make the Call!"

Murt, we're quibbling about nonsense. Eye on the prize. They know.

So do you expect Obama to slam Biden to his face and say she's got better numbers than you do? Even though by every metric she does?

There's this false narrative out there that Obama and Harris don't "like" each other, but she was one of the first people to go all in on his 2008 candidacy when she was just the AG of CA and he was largely unknown......Here is a FB post from her in 2019 dicussing her reunion with Glen, the resident of a nursing home she first met in Iowa while canvassing for Obama way back in 2008...

You realize that when she was in the freezing cold of Iowa in Jan/Feb 2008 she wasn't getting paid and probably would have preferred to be in CA sunshine? / Yet she went to Iowa to work for a relatively unknown BO. And people believe they don't like each other?

Google Newsom voter ID he just signed into law.
I don’t doubt he signed such a law. The point is pretty simple. See if you can follow this. I have to show proof of citizenship when I register to vote. I do so. Now I’m registered. They also get my address. Now I go to vote. I give them my name and address. They tell me it matches what I gave them a year ago when I registered. Why would I need to show an id? Everything matches. Oh and what if I don’t have my id because the state confiscated it when I got my DUI? Which by the way I’ve never had one. Just a for instance. I don’t need to jump through any more hoops unless the Republican Party is afraid I’ll vote democrat and they can’t have that now can they? They fear losing their grip on power so they put as many as possible obstacles in the way. And they know which ones will impact likely democratic voters. They are never to insure fraud doesn’t happen because it doesn’t happen in any way that would change time election outcome. The AP checked over 300 precincts in 6 battleground states that Biden won in 2020. 473 cases of voter fraud. Biden won those states by a combined 311,000 votes. I know facts are difficult for the followers of the dancing Orange Orangutan.

So do you expect Obama to slam Biden to his face and say she's got better numbers than you do? Even though by every metric she does?

There's this false narrative out there that Obama and Harris don't "like" each other, but she was one of the first people to go all in on his 2008 candidacy when she was just the AG of CA and he was largely unknown......Here is a FB post from her in 2019 dicussing her reunion with Glen, the resident of a nursing home she first met in Iowa while canvassing for Obama way back in 2008...

You realize that when she was in the freezing cold of Iowa in Jan/Feb 2008 she wasn't getting paid and probably would have preferred to be in CA sunshine? / Yet she went to Iowa to work for a relatively unknown BO. And people believe they don't like each other?
No, I wouldn't expect Obama to be anything but civil and agreeable to Biden. But I don't think Obama's response (if, in fact, the lip-reading transcript is accurate) is the story here. I think the story is Biden's first comment.

BTW, wasn't there a classic Seinfeld episode that involved a lip reader?

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
No, I wouldn't expect Obama to be anything but civil and agreeable to Biden. But I don't think Obama's response (if, in fact, the lip-reading transcript is accurate) is the story here. I think the story is Biden's first comment.

Haven’t they learned anything from the euros. Every time a player tried to get Messi to jump sides they all cover their mouths

I generally agree that betting markets should be taken with a grain of salt. They're only a spot measure of sentiment about who's going to win. And that's all they are. Trump supporters are touting them, naturally, because they're trending (slightly) towards a Trump win. But...

Hillary Clinton's futures were trading above $0.80 on Election Day 2016. And look how that turned out. All that it meant was that most people who were participating in those markets thought she would win -- which isn't surprising. Most people everywhere expected her to win.

But, FWIW, Polymarket isn't the only betting market showing the race at 60% expectation of a Trump victory. Pretty much all of them are. But that's likely to change between now and Election Day -- and it could very easily change in Harris' favor.

Screenshot-2024-10-17-111534.png
I don’t think the 2016 example holds merit. Do you know the amounts of money wagers in 2016? I assume the amount is much lower than it is today. There are also a lot more people who own crypto and familiar with it today than 2016. I trust Polymarket more than any singular polling company.

I don’t doubt he signed such a law. The point is pretty simple. See if you can follow this. I have to show proof of citizenship when I register to vote. I do so. Now I’m registered. They also get my address. Now I go to vote. I give them my name and address. They tell me it matches what I gave them a year ago when I registered. Why would I need to show an id? Everything matches. Oh and what if I don’t have my id because the state confiscated it when I got my DUI? Which by the way I’ve never had one. Just a for instance. I don’t need to jump through any more hoops unless the Republican Party is afraid I’ll vote democrat and they can’t have that now can they? They fear losing their grip on power so they put as many as possible obstacles in the way. And they know which ones will impact likely democratic voters. They are never to insure fraud doesn’t happen because it doesn’t happen in any way that would change time election outcome. The AP checked over 300 precincts in 6 battleground states that Biden won in 2020. 473 cases of voter fraud. Biden won those states by a combined 311,000 votes. I know facts are difficult for the followers of the dancing Orange Orangutan.
No it’s pretty simple he did sign it! ESAD .
Are you Hickory’s twin!

Last edited:
No it’s pretty simple he did sign it! ESAD .
Are you Hickory’s twin!
Where is it in my post that I said he didn’t? It’s now the law. End of story. Now please prove the 2020 fraud. You guys always avoid the actual facts. Im done responding to a cultist that doesn’t provide facts to disprove my post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT