• Do nothing

Votes: 16 11.6%

• Total voters

achoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
Chicago
Sam's "whatever" article suggests there is a deep division in the Indiana fanbase. I don't sense much of a contest among us. At all. So let's see what we're all thinking at this critical moment in Indiana basketball history.

NOTE: Before choosing "Do nothing," please consider Tom Crean has only two years left on his current contract to sell to 2018 recruits (and beyond). Only two years.

Reactions: evvcabinetman
Keep clappy!! I'm a Kentucky fan, so that should tell y'all what should really happened.
Can't blame you pal. It isn't about the rivalry either it's recruiting. Cal (and any decent coach) can come into Indiana and pick who they want. Who wants to play for an idiot like CTC?

Reactions: russelltodd
Can't believe anyone voted for to do nothing

The only people not voting to replace him are fans of other teams that hate IU. (and other so called IU fans who are fine with being Pepperdine or St. Johns or name any other non-relevant school that plays basketball)

I'm torn on this one. Coach Crean has done great with the 'GM' hat on with assembling talent.... I'd grade that a solid A as the program rode that talent to 2 Big Ten Conf. Championships.
WIth the 'Head Coach' hat on, not so great with managing the talent when March comes around in both the Big Ten and NCAA tournaments...Graded a generous high C.

Major concern about how this team checked out midway through the season. Coach's fault or bad player attitudes? IDK, it happened a time or two with Bob Knight as well.

I vote to keep the coach and let's see what happens next year.

I'm torn on this one. Coach Crean has done great with the 'GM' hat on with assembling talent.... I'd grade that a solid A as the program rode that talent to 2 Big Ten Conf. Championships.
WIth the 'Head Coach' hat on, not so great with managing the talent when March comes around in both the Big Ten and NCAA tournaments...Graded a generous high C.

Major concern about how this team checked out midway through the season. Coach's fault or bad player attitudes? IDK, it happened a time or two with Bob Knight as well.

I vote to keep the coach and let's see what happens next year.

for realz?

he never found a PG to replace Yogi and we're never deep up front. never.

so did the players have bad attitudes in years 3, 6, 7, half of 8, and the last 2/3s of year 9?

you must be kidding. another IU fan who doesn't believe IU should even be ranked regularly?

Sam's "whatever" article suggests there is a deep division in the Indiana fanbase. I don't sense much of a contest among us. At all. So let's see what we're all thinking at this critical moment in Indiana basketball history.

NOTE: Before choosing "Do nothing," please consider Tom Crean has only two years left on his current contract to sell to 2018 recruits (and beyond). Only two years.
Bumped for democracy!

Why postpone the inevitable. IU will have another embarrassing season next year if Crean stays with a another losing season under Crean in the Big 10.

Reactions: russelltodd
Look guys...I have been a Crean fan. I think he is a real person of character, and a good coach (not great, but good). He will have plenty of success in the future at the next program, and I will always appreciate the amazing job he did bringing us back from absolute devastation. Those first couple of years were ROUGH. That being said, it's time to change. Coaches are hired to be fired...that's the way it works. It's time for the next person to give it a go. I would be okay with Kruger or Donovan. I'm not sure why the Crean-bashing fetish on this site though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT