ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton Ramsey

No, stating something as a fact when it's not is a lie, not a fact. That in itself is fact. ha It's not what you stated but you are quoting me off responding to someone else.
You lost me again. This isn’t that complex. Penix is better than Ramsey.

Reactions: Tegray1
Peyton Ramsey is a football player. Maybe if we picked up the blitzes a little better, he wouldn't be running for his life every other play. We'll be lucky if he comes back next year. But this loss really hurts.

We were missing yet another OL. UT knew they needed a miracle and got a win with an onside kick. It's part of the game and what makes football great. Woulda-coulda-shoulda.

Why did he stop scrambling on the last drive? Two quick throws got to the 44 yard line with 48 seconds left. Then four straight incompletions. There was enough time for him to keep one of those and pick up 10 yards. He had been doing it all game.

And if you say “they started blitzing him after the first two completions” then the coaches should have called a screen to a rb that would have picked up 15 yards

Why did he stop scrambling on the last drive? Two quick throws got to the 44 yard line with 48 seconds left. Then four straight incompletions. There was enough time for him to keep one of those and pick up 10 yards. He had been doing it all game.

And if you say “they started blitzing him after the first two completions” then the coaches should have called a screen to a rb that would have picked up 15 yards

0 time outs.

He went 8/14 for 37 yards, a pick, and 9 rushes for 23 yards. He’s not playing very well. I am looking forward to getting a quarterback that can throw the ball. Ramsey is Lewerke lite.
Then he was the only reason we built a 12 point lead in the second half. Conservative play calling and bad coaching decisions were among the main reasons we lost. Peyton did all he could. He will always be a favorite IU football player.

Reactions: CC Mac
48 seconds is a lot of time. You only needed 10 yards and to spike the ball to give Justus another try

He didnt have a shot at running for a first down, just for a few yards. One short run would've taken half of the time off the clock. They preferred to have an additional play as opposed to the short run.

Did you miss the pick 6? I don't think the offense gets credit for that.

Then he was the only reason we built a 12 point lead in the second half. Conservative play calling and bad coaching decisions were among the main reasons we lost. Peyton did all he could. He will always be a favorite IU football player.

48 seconds is a lot of time. You only needed 10 yards and to spike the ball to give Justus another try

Correction: give Campbell a try.

Justus was a psychological basket case after the Purdue game. I wouldn’t even have had him anywhere near the field after the botched extra point.

Ramsey is a very good back up. I'm worried if Penix will be able to add muscle to his frame.

QUOTE="indy1203, post: 2829185, member: 3560"]Unfortunately Pen will prove not to be sturdy enough
for B10 ball.[/QUOTE]

He put too much air under the 2nd and 10 throw from the 40......had he throw it with less loft the odds are very good we would have won the game.

Since day 1.. I favored him...
True competitor !!

That and $1 will get you a good cup of coffee.

As far as I am aware, he's won 1 game as a starter against a P5 team with a winning record in 3 years......that's not a winning BT/conference record.....just a winning record overall......that was Virginia in 2018 at Bloomington in the rain. I believe his record as a starter against P5 times to be 11-17, and that includes 5 wins against RU and Maryland.

2019:

Wins v. RU, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern & Purdue....Losses v. TENN, Michigan, PSU, OSU

2018:

Wins v. Virginia, RU, Maryland.....Losses v. MSU, OSU, Iowa, PSU, Minnesota, Michigan, Purdue

2017:

Wins v. Virginia, Illinois, RU.......Losses v. PSU, Michigan, MSU, Maryland, Wisconsin, Purdue

So, while I respect the hell out of the guy, I don't see him being productive against decent teams....

Since day 1.. I favored him...
True competitor !!
Ramsey is tough and has learned how to make plays with his experience. He has learned how to play with his shortcomings and turn them into advantages.

Penix would have been fun to watch in this game. I hope Ramsey comes back, but Penix should start when healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT