ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton in the transfer portal

PR is one of my all time favorite IU fb players for all the obvious reasons. Having said that he's not the most talented or productive players in IU history and that's the thing I respect the most about him. He came close if not completly reaching his full potential and you seldom see that in any endeavor.
Peyton Ramsey is a winner, a leader and as tough as anyone we've seen at IU.
I wish him success wherever he goes except if he plays against us and even then I'll root for him individually.

Where do people get this stuff? Ramsey is 4th all time at IU in passing yardage. He had 56 career TD's to Nate Sudfeld's 69. Not the most talented or productive players in IU history? You could argue he sits in top 4 with a year still to play (a true senior year at that) and only began 1 season as the starter. ha We get it, Penix has potential to be better. Going with Mike has a lot of justifiable reasoning to go with the unknowns, but we have to stop pretending Ramsey didn't perform, produce and show he had talent. People made the same statement last year, that he maximized his potential........ and then this year happened. Its all nonsense based on rhetoric and what people say they "saw and evaluated with their own eyes". :rolleyes:

And that could be a good reason not for him to go there. But he's free to go wherever. And what's worse: take your back up QB or your special teams coach as your DC? For me, it's the latter, and Allen and Glass seemed to be okay with Inge moving on. Doubt they'd feel much different if Ramsey goes there also, but that's just my opinion.
The Inge thing doesn't bother me. That's professional advancement. And PR going there wouldn't really bother me any more than him going anywhere else. I can't put my finger on how I feel about any of this. I can't seem to get mad about it, but I don't like it either. There's something about the whole "free agency" thing we're now seeing in college sports that doesn't sit right with me.

Oh, yeah, and you kids can get off my lawn, too.

The Inge thing doesn't bother me. That's professional advancement. And PR going there wouldn't really bother me any more than him going anywhere else. I can't put my finger on how I feel about any of this. I can't seem to get mad about it, but I don't like it either. There's something about the whole "free agency" thing we're now seeing in college sports that doesn't sit right with me.

Oh, yeah, and you kids can get off my lawn, too.

I can understand and respect that thought process. It's conflicting because we are used to the old rules and social norms of the past.

In the end, the university has held such minimal loyalty to the student so it was just a matter of time until this began to correct itself. The game definitely isn't what it once was but for as much as we enjoyed the idea of what it used to be, the moment the universities made sports revenue an arms race..........it was game over. A battle for money forces the hand of change unless they remove the battle for money from the conversation. Until then, this is going to continue to mold itself into a professional model.

With all of that said, it does create more parity because good players who are forced to back up other good players are leaving which then dilutes their teams. They often go to programs of IU's level which then also helps us. I think the best way to approach this is to be open to change and find the positives or we might end up pulling our hair out....whats left, anyway. :D

If he wants to go then it's time to say goodbye, thank him and wish him well, and then focus on who is left wearing Indiana on their jersey. Think the best move now is to wait to see where he announces for. If it's Fresno as an example, I could really care less, in that we won't play them, I loved DeBoer and what he did and love Ramsey for all he did, think it would be fantastic if they reunited for another year. If it's Iowa or Northwestern, we'd only face them in B10 championship, which would be an awesome story anyway and I'd be fine with that (we'd be in B10 Championship after all!) If it's a smaller than IU D-1 school, then I'd love to see him be the full time starter and have a good year (think Miami of Ohio). If like a few said it was LSU, I'd be surprised but thrilled and pulling for him. I'd only be bummed and a little chafed if he goes to a B10 team we play next season. Other than that, I'm totally comfortable with Penix/Tuttle and allowing Ramsey to go pursue one more year somewhere as guaranteed starter and will cheer for him to have a tremendous year.

If he wants to go then it's time to say goodbye, thank him and wish him well, and then focus on who is left wearing Indiana on their jersey. Think the best move now is to wait to see where he announces for. If it's Fresno as an example, I could really care less, in that we won't play them, I loved DeBoer and what he did and love Ramsey for all he did, think it would be fantastic if they reunited for another year. If it's Iowa or Northwestern, we'd only face them in B10 championship, which would be an awesome story anyway and I'd be fine with that (we'd be in B10 Championship after all!) If it's a smaller than IU D-1 school, then I'd love to see him be the full time starter and have a good year (think Miami of Ohio). If like a few said it was LSU, I'd be surprised but thrilled and pulling for him. I'd only be bummed and a little chafed if he goes to a B10 team we play next season. Other than that, I'm totally comfortable with Penix/Tuttle and allowing Ramsey to go pursue one more year somewhere as guaranteed starter and will cheer for him to have a tremendous year.

In other words, your handing the keys over to Tuttle because.....well, we know.

Where do people get this stuff? Ramsey is 4th all time at IU in passing yardage. He had 56 career TD's to Nate Sudfeld's 69. Not the most talented or productive players in IU history? You could argue he sits in top 4 with a year still to play (a true senior year at that) and only began 1 season as the starter. ha We get it, Penix has potential to be better. Going with Mike has a lot of justifiable reasoning to go with the unknowns, but we have to stop pretending Ramsey didn't perform, produce and show he had talent. People made the same statement last year, that he maximized his potential........ and then this year happened. Its all nonsense based on rhetoric and what people say they "saw and evaluated with their own eyes". :rolleyes:
If you think PR is the most talented or most productive player in the last 50+ years , the time I've been an IU fan, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: vesuvius13
In other words, your handing the keys over to Tuttle because.....well, we know.

Don't even understand your premise of this post? I am not nor have ever been a Ramsey basher. He was awesome this year and I said I'd cheer for him wherever next year (save if we play the school and I'd root for IU for sure). I'm not mad at him for making a choice that appears to be based on him wanting to be guaranteed the starter. You appear mad that IU/Allen is not doing that I presume. We can agree to disagree there. I get Allen wants competition and I also think Penix has elite talent. That doesn't mean though don't like PR or think he's anything but a gritty, tough, and valuable asset for any team. He's the one choosing to leave, his right, so I'm saying I am bullish on Penix and also think Tuttle is going to prove to be a fine player when he's called upon as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT