ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Thamel:Rourke out next week Update with Official Status

I expect Cignetti and Tino will have Jackson ready for battle come Saturday. I don't like this news but after seeing what a sold out MS can do, I'm pretty darn confident that this team will spank Washington.

Jackson has talent and throws a very good ball. He would probably start at some other Big Ten programs this year. We do need Rourke back, though!

I expect Cignetti and Tino will have Jackson ready for battle come Saturday. I don't like this news but after seeing what a sold out MS can do, I'm pretty darn confident that this team will spank Washington.

Jackson has talent and throws a very good ball. He would probably start at some other Big Ten programs this year. We do need Rourke back, though!
Saban said on Gameday that Cig was a great QB coach and we all know we have one of the best OC’s around. And it’s not like we don’t have a good running game or defense!

If true, it is time for Jackson to step up and he did a good job the second half against Nebraska.

The plus side is that he might actually have a better deep ball than Rourke, he has a Very strong arm... The negatives are that he may not have Rourke's judgment, field vision, and "touch" on the ball...

I'm hoping his inexperience doesn't greatly slow down his getting the ball out quickly (to the right guy)...

He looked as good as he ever has back in the Spring Game...

He and Rourke appear to be friends so I'd imagine Rourke will help him get ready for Washington as much as is possible...

Their D will attempt to confuse and pressure him...; hopefully those measures will present some big opportunities that we can capitalize on too...

In Cig I trust. IU answered any lingering questions I had yesterday; I am a fully on-board believer. I still think it’s possible we get our ass handed to us in the horseshoe, but it wouldn’t diminish what we are witnessing. But the possibility that game goes to the wire is now on my table.

I re-watched the game on TV, and Kurtis' thumb was bleeding after the play he caught his thumb on the Nebraska player's helmet. When I was 11-12, I had a loose nail I didn't see on a piece of old furniture get accidentally shoved underneath one of my fingernails. That hurt like a mofo. I lost the fingernail, and it took forever for a new fingernail to grow back. I hope the fingernail is the only injury for KR.

I re-watched the game on TV, and Kurtis' thumb was bleeding after the play he caught his thumb on the Nebraska player's helmet. When I was 11-12, I had a loose nail I didn't see on a piece of old furniture get accidentally shoved underneath one of my fingernails. That hurt like a mofo. I lost the fingernail, and it took forever for a new fingernail to grow back. I hope the fingernail is the only injury for KR.
While I don’t doubt Rourke lost his thumbnail, you don’t announce a QB out for the next game on a Sunday morning for a hang nail. Rourke is likely to miss several games with a far more significant injury.

While I don’t doubt Rourke lost his thumbnail, you don’t announce a QB out for the next game on a Sunday morning for a hang nail. Rourke is likely to miss several games with a far more significant injury.
A hang nail is not the same thing as having a fingernail get ripped off: I know. That being said, there is definitely a concern for tendon and bone injuries.

Reactions: red hornet
I know it's tough to grip a ball with stitches for a thumb nail. It's a lot of pain but I do tend to agree. It seems strange to call it out early so maybe it's a fracture.

Reactions: red hornet
I re-watched the game on TV, and Kurtis' thumb was bleeding after the play he caught his thumb on the Nebraska player's helmet.

Helmet? I just watched it again and I don't think KR hit the helmet. Maybe he caught his thumbnail on the glove or something else but it didn't appear to me that his hand even came close to the helmet.

Helmet? I just watched it again and I don't think KR hit the helmet. Maybe he caught his thumbnail on the glove or something else but it didn't appear to me that his hand even came close to the helmet.

I've watched multiple ×'s. No helmet contact in my video. As far as Thamel he knows no more than we do. If it is only a nail problem no hard charger like KR would miss significant PT. In that case I wouldn't doubt TJ could play more than usual.

Well it did say "expected" to be out. It didn't say definitely out.

Maybe just semantics but....
IU needs to be coy about the injury for potential playoff ramifications. If you all remember last year, Florida State was effectively eliminated from playoff contention when they announced a season ending injury for Jordan Travis.

And no I’m not suggesting Rourke is out for the year.

We won’t miss a beat. We are averaging 200 on the ground and Jackson is more dangerous in the Rpo. They will use a package that is best for Jackson. We literally have the best QB coaches in the B1G if not the country. Fear not Hoosiers brethren.
Guessing they'll load the box and try to force TJ to beat them with the passing game.

Jackson came in and scored 28 points and looking like noting changed. he's getting way better coaching. Cig talking about practicing better is a good sign he' s challenging him to be the One for a minute. Go Hoosiers! Got to have a good back up to be good.
True, TJ didn't skip a beat, plus he has some wheels. Kurtis is a huge loss, but things may not be so bad.

This dire BS is the conditioning of past history. This staff isn’t like the several before. They are QB whisperers. They literally change offenses to suit the QB strengths. Wait and see what they cook up for Jackson. They 100% already had an offense ready for him. This isn’t the same. Stop thinking it is.

This dire BS is the conditioning of past history. This staff isn’t like the several before. They are QB whisperers. They literally change offenses to suit the QB strengths. Wait and see what they cook up for Jackson. They 100% already had an offense ready for him. This isn’t the same. Stop thinking it is.

I don't know about all that but one thing I am certain of: this staff will embrace the challenge and rise to meet it...

After expecting a close game against NEB and seeing what Cig's coaching staff and team did to that blackshirt defense; I don't care if they said Cignetti will have to put his kicker in at QB, I'm a believer. Go HOOSIERS !!!
Speaking of kickers, how about the open field tackle, as the last defender, by our kicker on the kickoff!

Don’t think for a minute that Mr. Detail (Coach Cig) hasn’t prepared well ahead of time for this possibility. He’ll put Jackson in a position to succeed. They may stack the box daring him to throw and Jackson can dink and dunk all day long, move the chains, loosen up the defense, then pound them with Ellison and Lawton. Jackson can run too. He doesn’t have to be all-world with the pieces surrounding him.
People need to forget about Jackson from last season. That was under a staff that didn’t know what they wanted to do at all on that side of the ball. This kid is in a system now. They’ll run it to his strengths.
Cig has spent time at JMU with 4 different QBs and the pundits said they wouldn’t do anything with those guys behind center. Cig thrives in that type of situation.

Don’t think for a minute that Mr. Detail (Coach Cig) hasn’t prepared well ahead of time for this possibility. He’ll put Jackson in a position to succeed. They may stack the box daring him to throw and Jackson can dink and dunk all day long, move the chains, loosen up the defense, then pound them with Ellison and Lawton. Jackson can run too. He doesn’t have to be all-world with the pieces surrounding him.
People need to forget about Jackson from last season. That was under a staff that didn’t know what they wanted to do at all on that side of the ball. This kid is in a system now. They’ll run it to his strengths.
Cig has spent time at JMU with 4 different QBs and the pundits said they wouldn’t do anything with those guys behind center. Cig thrives in that type of situation.
This….they absolutely had/have an offensive package for him already. People have been conditioned to think we are still the old Indiana.

Check out Mr. Positive! lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT