ADVERTISEMENT

Penix. Wow.

I exempted Fields in my post. Cousins was the only one I thought might get me bit the others, no way. Three starts and he is already better than most of your list as juniors or seniors.

?

Braxton Miller was 2x Offensive player of the year and 2x First team All-B10 as a QB. I like Penix but he's nowhere near as good as Miller (yet). Not better than Haskins and not better than Cook either. We can have this conversation in 3 years.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Haskins was a stump and if we had the lines and receivers that OSU had.....

As good as Penix has looked, he’s made starts against; Ball State, Eastern Illinois, and Michigan St. Let’s pump the breaks.

OSU’s line was terrible last year. He threw 50 TDs to 8 INT’s and was a first round draft pick. Unfair to Penix to say he’s better already than Dwayne Haskins. This is silly.

What are you talking about? Who claimed Penix was the best QB in the B10 the last 15 years?

Also, IU spotted MSU a quick 14 points last year and lead most the game by 2-3 TDs. They let Ramsey throw underneath at will and played kept everything in front of them. Penix methodically moved the ball down the field nearly the entire game against one of the better defenses in the country. A little context my friend.

Oh yeah, Penix QBR 88.7, Ramsey 24.2. Yeah it is much different.

Not to mention that before the garbage final play penix had 312 yards passing. i think the most interesting stat of the game last weekend was penix’s 0 receptions and -26 receiving yards

As good as Penix has looked, he’s made starts against; Ball State, Eastern Illinois, and Michigan St. Let’s pump the breaks.

OSU’s line was terrible last year. He threw 50 TDs to 8 INT’s and was a first round draft pick. Unfair to Penix to say he’s better already than Dwayne Haskins. This is silly.

Their line was terrible as compared to our line this year? Interesting. Haskins has a good arm but a whole lot of his throws were bombs to speedy receivers outrunning coverage. He wasnt making the back shoulder throws that Penix is already making.

Their line was terrible as compared to our line this year? Interesting. Haskins has a good arm but a whole lot of his throws were bombs to speedy receivers outrunning coverage. He wasnt making the back shoulder throws that Penix is already making.

I’m sorry, but having one good game, albeit against a great defense, doesn’t propel you into the hierarchy of B10 QBs. He has a long way to go (there’s plenty of time) and a lot to prove before making such claims.

I’m sorry, but having one good game, albeit against a great defense, doesn’t propel you into the hierarchy of B10 QBs. He has a long way to go (there’s plenty of time) and a lot to prove before making such claims.

I'm saying in my view he is a better QB than those mentioned. It has nothing to do with career stats or draft status or whatever. We shall see what we shall see.

If he was so good why did they move him to receiver?

Because they had a better QB in JT Barrett behind him??? You aren't a 2x All-B10 first team QB and 2x Big Ten Offensive MVP for no reason. When Penix sniffs those accolades we can likely have this discussion. He's made 3 starts, two against Eastern Illinois and Ball State.

Because they had a better QB in JT Barrett behind him??? You aren't a 2x All-B10 first team QB and 2x Big Ten Offensive MVP for no reason. When Penix sniffs those accolades we can likely have this discussion. He's made 3 starts, two against Eastern Illinois and Ball State.
Yeah he also looked really good against a Top 10 ranked defense. I agree that I am not ready to anoint him as the best quarterback that ever lived. But he has played well. And maybe
Braxton Miller was a product of the system

You have to watch to evaluate not use stats. Watch with your eyes. Pro scouts don't use stats to evaluate.

PR hit a deep pass to Whop last year when the game was over.

32-46, 272, 2

33-42, 286, 3

Those are IU QB numbers against MSU the last 2 years. Do those look THAT much different? Penix is better than ANYONE in the B1G the last 15 years after 3 games? I like the kid but crikey the hype for him is ridiculous.

Yeah he also looked really good against a Top 10 ranked defense. I agree that I am not ready to anoint him as the best quarterback that ever lived. But he has played well. And maybe
Braxton Miller was a product of the system

All you need to know about Miller, Barrett, and Cardale Jones was it didnt really matter which one was in there. Jones was the only one drafted as a QB and was a complete bust.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT