ADVERTISEMENT

Penix. Wow.

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Penix carved up, in a hostile environment, a very good defensive team. I can't even imagine what he's going to be like with a little more experience. I know, it's only one game, but this kid is a high level talent. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in a Heisman discussion before he leaves IU.

Penix is the type of player you see at PSU, Michigan, Wisonsin, all the top BIG teams (maybe not OSU) He’s a great player. Might even get us in to the top 25 by the time he graduates.

I would say he is better than any of those programs have had over the last 15 years at least, including OSU.(although Fields looks pretty darn good ) Having said that I wouldn't expect a game like yesterday every time out. That was his third start however so you would think he is still on an upward trajectory, or maybe he just started higher on the curve.

He's listed at 6'3, 202. Even if those numbers are somewhat padded, the kid is only 19 years old. He's still filling out, and getting stronger. He's Sunday talent, and I'm sure he'll have an NFL body by the time they come calling.
I like his talent and potential, but he needs to keep eating.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He’s not injury prone at all. He’s also not skinny. He weighs over 200 lbs. We all get it that you still want Ramsey at QB for some crazy reason.
He has had a season ending knee injury and a throwing arm issue severe enough to hold him out of practice and games. I highly doubt he weighs over 200 pounds, and even at that he is thin. For reference, RGIII was 6’2” 220. I’m not arguing for Ramsey. I’m saying Penix needs to gain thirty pounds in order to protect himself.

He has had a season ending knee injury and a throwing arm issue severe enough to hold him out of practice and games. I highly doubt he weighs over 200 pounds, and even at that he is thin. For reference, RGIII was 6’2” 220. I’m not arguing for Ramsey. I’m saying Penix needs to gain thirty pounds in order to protect himself.
You're talking about him as though he's built like Diamont. He's already an appropriate weight but he'll fill out some more, with no need to gain thirty pounds. Just for some reference, Baker Mayfield is listed at 209 lbs, Daniel Jones at 221. Peyton Ramsey, who turns 22 next month, is listed at 216. Penix, age 19, is fine.

You are ridiculous. His knee injury was a freak injury. His current issue is unknown. Neither you nor I know what kept him out of the last 2 games. We do know that he’s back now and fully healthy heading into a bye week. He easily weighs over 200 lbs. I’ll assume you’re a 5’ 6” guy that can’t understand how a 6’ 3” guy easily weighs over 200 lbs. Sorry you’re short. Us tall people weight more than you short people. He’s a badass QB that’s not frail, skinny, or injury prone. When he slices Rutgers apart next weekend, what will your next loser post be about? Also, asking him to gain 30 pounds is beyond ridiculous. You seem triggered.

Redbeard, common man. Penix has a slight build. Heck I've heard CTA comment on that...and TV guys. If you are gonna call people stupid don't turn around and deny something that is plain for all to see. And yes listed height and weight can be inflated. When I played I was listed 7lbs heavier than I was and I didn't have anything to do with it. Also Penix has been injured twice in the last two seasons...I don't think it's unreasonable to voice concerns over him being able to stay healthy. We get that you like Penix because there is a lot to like. I'm not attacking Penix and I'm not saying he isn't amazing. But geeze dude why are some people being a jerk about him being good? I don't get it. Some of the rabble on here is over the top. Friday I literally watched film and commented on something I saw with my own eyes and two people ganged up on me and tried to tell me I didn't see what I saw....literally that's what they did. So ridiculous.

I assure you that the staff wants to get him through this season and then put another 15 lbs of muscle on him next summer.

And to think some on here were advocating for Ramsey to play over Penix.....

I haven't read every post on here but I haven't seen anyone advocating Ramsey over Penix. I think a lot of people said the difference between the 2 isn't as vast as some have built it up to be so the bashing on Ramsey was overblown but that was the extent that I have seen. Again, I could've missed it and someone truly wanted Ramsey to start over Penix but....I have yet to see that personally.

Reactions: daddyhoosier
I would be OK with Penix putting on weight, that will be needed at the next level. He is slight of build but I don't think it's hindering him much. To me, that would be the next step in his progression as to help bounce off some of the possible hits he is bound to take. For now its on to the bye week to get rested up before playing a coachless Rutgers team.

I want him to hit the weight room REALLY hard this coming winter!! Remember the hit he took from big ole Raquan Williams? Penix needs to learn to protect himself a little more. Williams got a really big shot on him Saturday...I don't care how durable you think you are, big shots like that will take you out very fast.

You are ridiculous. His knee injury was a freak injury. His current issue is unknown. Neither you nor I know what kept him out of the last 2 games. We do know that he’s back now and fully healthy heading into a bye week. He easily weighs over 200 lbs. I’ll assume you’re a 5’ 6” guy that can’t understand how a 6’ 3” guy easily weighs over 200 lbs. Sorry you’re short. Us tall people weight more than you short people. He’s a badass QB that’s not frail, skinny, or injury prone. When he slices Rutgers apart next weekend, what will your next loser post be about? Also, asking him to gain 30 pounds is beyond ridiculous. You seem triggered.
I seem triggered...

You're talking about him as though he's built like Diamont. He's already an appropriate weight but he'll fill out some more, with no need to gain thirty pounds. Just for some reference, Baker Mayfield is listed at 209 lbs, Daniel Jones at 221. Peyton Ramsey, who turns 22 next month, is listed at 216. Penix, age 19, is fine.
Justin Fields is the same class and he is 6’3” 225. I’m not sure how what i’m saying is controversial.

Redbeard, common man. Penix has a slight build. Heck I've heard CTA comment on that...and TV guys. If you are gonna call people stupid don't turn around and deny something that is plain for all to see. And yes listed height and weight can be inflated. When I played I was listed 7lbs heavier than I was and I didn't have anything to do with it. Also Penix has been injured twice in the last two seasons...I don't think it's unreasonable to voice concerns over him being able to stay healthy. We get that you like Penix because there is a lot to like. I'm not attacking Penix and I'm not saying he isn't amazing. But geeze dude why are some people being a jerk about him being good? I don't get it. Some of the rabble on here is over the top. Friday I literally watched film and commented on something I saw with my own eyes and two people ganged up on me and tried to tell me I didn't see what I saw....literally that's what they did. So ridiculous.

I don't think his build has anything to do with him being injury prone.

fpreagh1. Haven't seen him on here. He is hiding.

I haven't read every post on here but I haven't seen anyone advocating Ramsey over Penix. I think a lot of people said the difference between the 2 isn't as vast as some have built it up to be so the bashing on Ramsey was overblown but that was the extent that I have seen. Again, I could've missed it and someone truly wanted Ramsey to start over Penix but....I have yet to see that personally.

The difference between Ramsey and Penix IS vast. Penix's arm strength gives guys an extra half second to make a move on the bubble screens. He can also take the top off of a defense and hit throws from one hash to the field side of the formation. Those are VAST differences. Penix is the reason we were in that game.

32-46, 272, 2

33-42, 286, 3

Those are IU QB numbers against MSU the last 2 years. Do those look THAT much different? Penix is better than ANYONE in the B1G the last 15 years after 3 games? I like the kid but crikey the hype for him is ridiculous.

The o-line was not vindicated by any means. Buck S. on the radio covered it well. They ran plays away from the line to protect them from their weaknesses. Nothing was resolved but they did find a way to compensate for a weak line. That is good coaching...

32-46, 272, 2

33-42, 286, 3

Those are IU QB numbers against MSU the last 2 years. Do those look THAT much different? Penix is better than ANYONE in the B1G the last 15 years after 3 games? I like the kid but crikey the hype for him is ridiculous.
You are forgetting a key statistic. The pick 6 thrown that basically changed the entire game last year.

32-46, 272, 2

33-42, 286, 3

What are you talking about? Who claimed Penix was the best QB in the B10 the last 15 years?

Also, IU spotted MSU a quick 14 points last year and lead most the game by 2-3 TDs. They let Ramsey throw underneath at will and played kept everything in front of them. Penix methodically moved the ball down the field nearly the entire game against one of the better defenses in the country. A little context my friend.

Oh yeah, Penix QBR 88.7, Ramsey 24.2. Yeah it is much different.

What are you talking about? Who claimed Penix was the best QB in the B10 the last 15 years?

Also, IU spotted MSU a quick 14 points last year and lead most the game by 2-3 TDs. They let Ramsey throw underneath at will and kept everyone deep. Penix methodically moved the ball down the field nearly the entire game against one of the better defenses in the country. A little context my friend.

Oh yeah, Penix QBR 88.7, Ramsey 24.2. Yeah it is much different.

I said he was better than anyone that OSU, UM or PSU has had in the last 15 years or so.

He's played 3 games so if we're basing it just off his 3 games

MSU
Kirk Cousins
Connor Cook
Brian Hoyer

OSU
Haskins
Barrett
Miller
Fields has been more impressive his first 3 games than Penix

Michigan
Chad Henne

I exempted Fields in my post. Cousins was the only one I thought might get me bit the others, no way. Three starts and he is already better than most of your list as juniors or seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT