ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Mulcahy trip

So... I guess Mulcahy totally got away with this?

No reprimand form his coach, the league office, nobody?

Interesting.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
And no, IU will not have a better 2024 class than Rutgers. You guys don’t even have a better 2023 class.
this isn't aging very well. Typical Jersey goomba bravato. As soon as RU started tanking their season, this big mouth goes on the lam. First round home losses in the NIT to the likes of mighty Hofstra do tend to humble a goodfella.

gabbagoul.

this isn't aging very well. Typical Jersey goomba bravato. As soon as RU started tanking their season, this big mouth goes on the lam. First round home losses in the NIT to the likes of mighty Hofstra do tend to humble a goodfella.

gabbagoul.
I had to bring this back. They are also getting nervous about 2024 class. As they should be.

New Rumor from National recruiting guys is RU promised NIL to players and then withdrew. Supposedly they don’t expect to keep those 5* in the 24 class.
Stop the BS. You don't have the info to back the statement. You're making a general statement to avoid being called out. Which national recruiting guy said it? If true, you should have no problem saying his name because it's on record and you're not libeled. The NIL is a binding contract. Rutgers would have been outed for not upholding their end of the deal. If you need an example of this, look up the situation at Florida with the promise made to the QB. UF failed and they let the QB walk. Rutgers is one of the few schools that don't publicly state what and how much NIL they have on hand. So a lot of people guess. Five-star Ace Bailey has a NIL agent and he committed to Rutgers. If what you said was fact, then Bailey would have left a long time ago.

Here are a few things you should know about the NIL:

10 Must Know NIL Contract Tips

Stop the BS. You don't have the info to back the statement. You're making a general statement to avoid being called out. Which national recruiting guy said it? If true, you should have no problem saying his name because it's on record and you're not libeled. The NIL is a binding contract. Rutgers would have been outed for not upholding their end of the deal. If you need an example of this, look up the situation at Florida with the promise made to the QB. UF failed and they let the QB walk. Rutgers is one of the few schools that don't publicly state what and how much NIL they have on hand. So a lot of people guess. Five-star Ace Bailey has a NIL agent and he committed to Rutgers. If what you said was fact, then Bailey would have left a long time ago.

I’ll keep this in mind. Just reporting what’s going around. Also, I’m talking about pledges not contracts so the 10 point power point doesn’t apply.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I’ll keep this in mind. Just reporting what’s going around. Also, I’m talking about pledges not contracts so the 10 point power point doesn’t apply.
Yet you are dancing around the point. So you like to gossip regardless of truth until it impacts you. There are two organizations, one run by Geo Baker's group and another by poster/donor @RUJON, that raised and run NILs connected to Rutgers . Both have state they don't tell how much money they have raised or what is pledges to players for confidentiality reason. All they confirm is basketball has enough to compete with anyone. The same can't be said about Rutgers football. So any sh*t you hear from national rivals guys is BS. The national guys may know about football's NIL situation and assume the same for basketball. They speculate because they don't know, so they pretend. The bottom line is some people are blown away by the event taking place with Rutgers basketball. They think something can't be on the up and up.

Y’all are tearing it up. Keep up the good work

do you actually watch IU basketball? We've been their bitch for several years and they've made public comments to that extent. Life is about balance and the pendulum is swinging back where it belongs. Karma.
That’s a strange was to begin discourse, but sure I’ve watched a bit of basketball in my lifetime. My point is why are we obsessed about a second rate program? So they’ve had some recent success against us - it happens. But in terms or overall and historic relevance, Rutgers has none. So do you wash your hands routinely?

Yet you are dancing around the point. So you like to gossip regardless of truth until it impacts you. There are two organizations, one run by Geo Baker's group and another by poster/donor @RUJON, that raised and run NILs connected to Rutgers . Both have state they don't tell how much money they have raised or what is pledges to players for confidentiality reason. All they confirm is basketball has enough to compete with anyone. The same can't be said about Rutgers football. So any sh*t you hear from national rivals guys is BS. The national guys may know about football's NIL situation and assume the same for basketball. They speculate because they don't know, so they pretend. The bottom line is some people are blown away by the event taking place with Rutgers basketball. They think something can't be on the up and up.
Sounds to me like they (I assume this is RUJON) don't have the amount that they need, according to this article from May 21st.

“Folks have been asking us on a consistent basis ‘why haven’t we been more aggressive? Shouldn’t we have kept him?’ But bottom line is, what they’ve really been asking for is ‘how much money do we need?’ My answer to that question, normally, is ‘as much money as we or anybody else can raise or convince companies to get involved with.’ But if they need a number to shoot for, $10 million is a good number to shoot for,” Newman said. “If it is more than that, great, and if it is less than that, at least if we are bringing more in, that gives coaching staffs a chance to be more competitive and gives kids a chance to take advantage of their NIL, which we’re all about."

The breakdown, he noted, is roughly $6-7 million for football — head coach Greg Schiano stated publicly last summer that the program needs “millions” to compete — with about $2 million needed for head coach Steve Pikiell’s program and the remaining pot split among Scott Goodale and Coquese Washington’s squads. And the money, Newman said, needs not only to come from the everyday fans chipping in monthly two-to-three-figure donations as KOTR members, but from individual deals from major donors and corporate sponsors as well.

“That number is not meant to scare people,” Newman added. “This is pretty representative of what the world is right now. Coaches have to pick and choose and there may be situations where they have to let players go if they get really big offers. It is not surprising that someone who was the leading scorer on a Big Ten team, if he wants to leave during his graduate transfer year, he’s going to a) be attractive to other schools and b) command big dollars.”

Reactions: DANC
Yet you are dancing around the point. So you like to gossip regardless of truth until it impacts you. There are two organizations, one run by Geo Baker's group and another by poster/donor @RUJON, that raised and run NILs connected to Rutgers . Both have state they don't tell how much money they have raised or what is pledges to players for confidentiality reason. All they confirm is basketball has enough to compete with anyone. The same can't be said about Rutgers football. So any sh*t you hear from national rivals guys is BS. The national guys. may know about football's NIL situation and assume the same for basketball. They speculate because they don't know, so they pretend. The bottom line is some people are blown away by the event taking place with Rutgers basketball. They think something can't be on the up and up.
Paragraphs MF.

Yes and why are you so hurt? I’d suggest you go after the national guys.

Edit: the other thing is why would Duke guys be scared of RU recruiting? They obviously want one of your guys. What makes sense to me is some of this IS true.

Last edited:
Sounds like the national guys might be onto something with the NIL angle in general, if not the specifics.
It’s not me or you reporting this. It’s actually NIL guys. They talk to recruiters and coaches. Word travels really fast. Some of these guys reporting this have no dog in the fight.

That’s a strange was to begin discourse, but sure I’ve watched a bit of basketball in my lifetime. My point is why are we obsessed about a second rate program? So they’ve had some recent success against us - it happens. But in terms or overall and historic relevance, Rutgers has none. So do you wash your hands routinely?
The topic is relevant.

It’s not me or you reporting this. It’s actually NIL guys. They talk to recruiters and coaches. Word travels really fast. Some of these guys reporting this have no dog in the fight.
I believe you. c-diffdoug doesn't though.

do you actually watch IU basketball? We've been their bitch for several years and they've made public comments to that extent. Life is about balance and the pendulum is swinging back where it belongs. Karma.
It is interesting they were also undefeated in 1976 final four. Michigan has to be the only team to face two undefeated teams in the same final four

I'll talk hoops with you all day or night, but my personal hygiene is my own business.

I'm not obsessed, and yeah I kinda wish this thread would go away. I don't like RU basketball. Don't like their style of play, their punk ass demeanor. Hell I never wanted them in this conference. Northern NJ is a dump. Literally. Or should that be, litter--ally. There style of ball is one reason (of several) that the entire conference struggles with recruiting 5 stars...and struggles in mid March and beyond. Wrestle- ball does not win NCAA championships.

Yes and why are you so hurt? I’d suggest you go after the national guys.

Edit: the other thing is why would Duke guys be scared of RU recruiting? They obviously want one of your guys. What makes sense to me is some of this IS true.
Has nothing to do with Duke being scared. Duke is more embarrassed they are in a battle for a high ranking recruit against Rutgers. The arrogance coming from Duke is on par with some IU fans having issue with Rutgers winning Bball games against the Hoosier.

Not hurt as much as liars need to be called out. Perception is such as dangerous tool in the hands of uninformed. At some point the dumb sh*t has to stop.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Has nothing to do with Duke being scared. Duke is more embarrassed they are in a battle for a high ranking recruit against Rutgers. The arrogance income Duke is on par with some IU having issue with Rutgers winning Bball games against the Hoosier.

Not hurt as much as liars need to be called out. Perception is such as dangerous tool in the hands of uninformed. At some the dumb sh*t has to stop.
Who’s lying? This is your issue. Also, Duke has the funds vs. RU is home. By the way no arrogance other than yours is showing.

Sounds to me like they (I assume this is RUJON) don't have the amount that they need, according to this article from May 21st.

“Folks have been asking us on a consistent basis ‘why haven’t we been more aggressive? Shouldn’t we have kept him?’ But bottom line is, what they’ve really been asking for is ‘how much money do we need?’ My answer to that question, normally, is ‘as much money as we or anybody else can raise or convince companies to get involved with.’ But if they need a number to shoot for, $10 million is a good number to shoot for,” Newman said. “If it is more than that, great, and if it is less than that, at least if we are bringing more in, that gives coaching staffs a chance to be more competitive and gives kids a chance to take advantage of their NIL, which we’re all about."

The breakdown, he noted, is roughly $6-7 million for football — head coach Greg Schiano stated publicly last summer that the program needs “millions” to compete — with about $2 million needed for head coach Steve Pikiell’s program and the remaining pot split among Scott Goodale and Coquese Washington’s squads. And the money, Newman said, needs not only to come from the everyday fans chipping in monthly two-to-three-figure donations as KOTR members, but from individual deals from major donors and corporate sponsors as well.

“That number is not meant to scare people,” Newman added. “This is pretty representative of what the world is right now. Coaches have to pick and choose and there may be situations where they have to let players go if they get really big offers. It is not surprising that someone who was the leading scorer on a Big Ten team, if he wants to leave during his graduate transfer year, he’s going to a) be attractive to other schools and b) command big dollars.”
What don't you get from the article? They don't have the $10 million they need across all sports. That doesn't mean they have no money at all or not enough to buy players. The rumor that's floating around was started by one of your fans who happens to also be the head of one of your NIL collectives. Let's all put our thinking caps on for a moment, do we think he might have a motivation to harm RU?

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
What don't you get from the article? They don't have the $10 million they need across all sports. That doesn't mean they have no money at all or not enough to buy players. The rumor that's floating around was started by one of your fans who happens to also be the head of one of your NIL collectives. Let's all put our thinking caps on for a moment, do we think he might have a motivation to harm RU?
He’s not the only one.

RU’s very existence is harm enough

You make one heck of a leap with the article. Its not RUJON, but where did this person say Rutgers is struggling. You made that assumption because that is what you wanted to believe. What you get from the article is how the group works with coaches to reach their desired level of NIL. Like any business looking to raise money, you turn to supporters to donate as much as they can.

The comment at the end of the article about players leaving is a general statement. Spencer left initially to be closer to home. Other schools threw silly money after Spencer was set to go Gtown. Rutgers never had a chance to match the original offer because Spencer refused contact. In a case of Mawot Mag, two week earlier at Rutgers, Georgia Tech offered, but Rutgers match it and Mag is still at Rutgers. Last year's defending B1G DPOY (Caleb McConnell) was offered $500k by Florida State to come home. Rutgers matched it and he stayed.

And for the record (to victorbmboy), I covered football for another site years ago and know people from rivals and 24/7. I know the BS that is tossed out there just to create interest during the slow times. Putting out articles is not about getting info out to the masses. Its about shaping perception to mirror the writer or appeal to the base of people who read that publication. Writers do have agendas just as they need loyal followers.

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
The last paragraph I quoted said it all. The argument was never that they no money at all. You couldn't afford to keep him. Your collective dude said it, not me. What don't you understand?

Coaches have to pick and choose and there may be situations where they have to let players go if they get really big offers. It is not surprising that someone who was the leading scorer on a Big Ten team, if he wants to leave during his graduate transfer year, he’s going to a) be attractive to other schools and b) command big dollars

They talk about it here too. It's not some IU fan making up stuff.

He’s not the only one.
The original rumor came from epankows77, then people started jumping on it. Guess what, that's how a rumor starts. It just so happens he was found to be the head of your NIL collective and someone who is trying to sway Harper through NIL. Coincidence? I don't think so.
RU’s very existence is harm enough
With a statement like this you kind of have to look in the mirror. Now don't hate the facts, but we're kind of at the same level.

Rutgers vs Indiana

Football 4-5
Basketball 8-7

Last edited:
The original rumor came from epankows77, then people started jumping on it. Guess what, that's how a rumor starts. It just so happens he was found to be the head of your NIL collective and someone who is trying to sway Harper through NIL. Coincidence? I don't think so.

With a statement like this is you kind of have to look in the mirror. Now don't hate the facts, but we're kind of at the same level.

Rutgers vs Indiana

Football 4-5
Basketball 8-7
Well Eric isn’t the big player in NIL. IU has several collectivizes/partners.

The last paragraph I quoted said it all. The argument was never that they no money at all. You couldn't afford to keep him. Your collective dude said it, not me. What don't you understand?

Coaches have to pick and choose and there may be situations where they have to let players go if they get really big offers. It is not surprising that someone who was the leading scorer on a Big Ten team, if he wants to leave during his graduate transfer year, he’s going to a) be attractive to other schools and b) command big dollars

They talk about it here too. It's not some IU fan making up stuff.
They were paying Cam. Cam never gave Rutgers the opportunity to counteroffer. When he transferred to Rutgers we were his second choice behind Georgetown. Georgetown didn't want him then. Now he wants to move closer to home and Georgetown wants him and gave him an offer. He did not even let Rutgers counter, he wanted to go home. Not everything you read tells the whole story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT