ADVERTISEMENT

Parking Help

Jun 9, 2010
Hi Folks, Michigan fan here.

I'll be coming to Bloomington this week to watch the Michigan Indiana game.

My sons and I are on a quest to visit every Big10 stadium, thus far 7 visited, Indiana is the 8th on our list.

I have a question about parking.

If I bring food it will most likely be in a cooler so I'm not looking to setup a grill or any such thing.

Just looking for a place to park and hang out with fans from either team to talk Big10 in particular and CFB in general.

A bigger lot with more people would be preferred.

Any suggestions where to look for parking, the approximate going rate these days and what time it is best to setup so I don't get hung up in traffic would be appreciated.

I'm about 2 1/2 hours away so I can be there pretty early.

I'm looking forward to meeting you Hoosier fans, hope you guys have your receivers back for Saturday and we get a great game.

59 and sunny, sounds like a perfect football day.

(Btw, I thought that was a very entertaining game vs the Huskers last week. Full strength and you guys beat them.)

Thanks!

Go Blue!

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
You will want to go online and buy a grass lot parking pass, if you can find one for sale. They should cost around 30 bucks, but might cost more on the secondary market. The grass lots are just south of the stadium.

Get there probably 2-4 hours before kickoff, I think. I don't tailgate. Others may have more info.

The grass lots fill up quickly, and you need to be there at least 3 hours early to ensure that you get a decent spot close to the stadium and not an overflow lot/garage.

The grass lots fill up quickly, and you need to be there at least 3 hours early to ensure that you get a decent spot close to the stadium and not an overflow lot/garage.
All lots close to the stadium (including the grass lots) are now pass-only. If you do not have a parking pass already on display you will not be allowed in (no "cash on event day" availability). There are some private lots available at a couple of churches not far from the stadium but it would be wise to arrive early. If you want to access university parking close to the stadium, check stubhub or another reseller.

Reactions: Chriselli
Hi Folks, Michigan fan here.

I'll be coming to Bloomington this week to watch the Michigan Indiana game.

My sons and I are on a quest to visit every Big10 stadium, thus far 7 visited, Indiana is the 8th on our list.

I have a question about parking.

If I bring food it will most likely be in a cooler so I'm not looking to setup a grill or any such thing.

Just looking for a place to park and hang out with fans from either team to talk Big10 in particular and CFB in general.

A bigger lot with more people would be preferred.

Any suggestions where to look for parking, the approximate going rate these days and what time it is best to setup so I don't get hung up in traffic would be appreciated.

I'm about 2 1/2 hours away so I can be there pretty early.

I'm looking forward to meeting you Hoosier fans, hope you guys have your receivers back for Saturday and we get a great game.

59 and sunny, sounds like a perfect football day.

(Btw, I thought that was a very entertaining game vs the Huskers last week. Full strength and you guys beat them.)

Thanks!

Go Blue!
Tailgating at IU is concentrated around the stadium which in part makes it as amazing as it is. Not spread out like so many others. Don't let the 45K tickets sold fool you, a lot more people are on site.

The primary lots require passes and they are sold out most games. Some one would need to O-nite you a pass bought on the secondary mkt this late.

There are churches that pay park on the north side, the better one is across 45 straight out from the NEZ. The walk will still be short compared to AA. Street parking can be found south of the grass lots if you get there early. Tailgating would suck though on the the street. There are a couple of other pay lots with shuttles, but i have no experience with those. Look at google maps to see the grass lot layout.

Noon games suck in terms of ingress and suck in general for tailgating, but you guys have that same issue. The good news is Btown is full of fantastic restaurants and bars to visit after the game.

BTW - This is a no-cash stadium for anything including concessions. Bring a credit card or Google Pay....etc.

I went to the W KY game and parked in a $30 pay lot about 1 block east of the southeast corner of the athletic complex, on 17th St. The church lots on the north end, across the HW 46 bypass, are also $30 and it is a longer walk. For the best time, try to park in the grassy lot just south of the stadium and 17th St. It has the best feel to it and you can walk through the Greek party tents. I tell them I'm looking for my nephew "Flounder" and can't remember what frat he pledged. I've scored a few free beers that way. Asking if they've seen "Beaver" should work, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT