ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Stewart not returning...

I stumbled all the way to 19th and Washington area from Sports. I normally tried to steal a bike. That was a big thing in my day. Stealing bikes to ride home. I was worse than almost everyone in college, Ill acknowledge that, but my friends weren't too far behind me.
see? what you're describing is a pretty harmless college "growing up" type event. You weren't really endangering anyone else and if something did happen (bikeowner whips your *ss or PD caught you) you faced the consequences, no one else. I know you see the difference between that and driving 90mph down a street in town. One is NBD, the other is and shouldn't be trivialized or glorified.

see? what you're describing is a pretty harmless college "growing up" type event. You weren't really endangering anyone else and if something did happen (bikeowner whips your *ss or PD caught you) you faced the consequences, no one else. I know you see the difference between that and driving 90mph down a street in town. One is NBD, the other is and shouldn't be trivialized or glorified.
I did both tho. I didn’t tell you about my blue Ford Taurus that was labeled the blue bomber. I always drove drunk. Not proud of it and I could have killed someone. But I constantly drove drunk and would hit parked cars etc in frat lots.

Yes there is a difference b/t doing stupid stuff that doesn’t have the potential to harm others and stupid stuff that has the potential to kill someone else (in this case, a fellow passenger, someone in another vehicle, law enforcement that is chasing or a pedestrian).

Reactions: kkott
Just because I did stupid crap, doesn't mean we shouldn't discourage it in others and also try not to glorify it. It's one of the ill-effects of technology and SM... now everyone sees it and there are often copycats. You want to race on private property, dragway, or some country road at midnight; that's where to be stupid in a car imo, if you have to. Going 90 on a fairly busy/occupied city or residential street is never going to be OK, and shouldn't be glorified, and that's all I was suggesting to Cav. You guys have made your (wrong) assertion: some of us didn't do stupid stuff or have fun growing up, here's one of mine: I'm guessing Cav doesn't have kids, do you? That changed my perspective a ton.
Yes I have kids. Kids make mistakes. I don’t talk down or discourage them. I teach them. Let them make their own mistakes. My parents never told me not to do something. They only taught me the consequences of those actions. Some kids will do things just because you tell them not to. I was generally a good kid. Didn’t drink, smoke or do drugs. My parents never told me not to. I did however have the need for speed and it did eventually wear off.

Yes I have kids. Kids make mistakes. I don’t talk down or discourage them. I teach them. Let them make their own mistakes. My parents never told me not to do something. They only taught me the consequences of those actions. Some kids will do things just because you tell them not to. I was generally a good kid. Didn’t drink, smoke or do drugs. My parents never told me not to. I did however have the need for speed and it did eventually wear off.
As a parent would you want your kid hanging out with a guy like Cav? Brags about being a pot head, street racing, and driving drunk. What more could you ask for in a role model?

If this is true, classes are probably exactly what he needs (and would/will be sentenced to) along with a suspended license!

You're the one who mentioned it, so if you were just kidding, no problem. But you're also doing your SM stuff with players and if you were thinking about that as a PR type thing, I think it's a bad idea. The BRAKES thing is limited to teens, so XJ wouldn't be eligible, although they require an adult parent or guardian to attend with the teen, and you'll learn a ton about safe driving; I did. I was just saying if you really were thinking of trying to do something as a promotion, XJ attending something like BRAKES and talking to the kids and sort of owning that he shouldn't have done that, would be a way to do that but in a positive light.
They do still have diversion courses online for adults. Like I said above. Most people wouldn’t have went to jail for what he did. The only reason was the officer wrote it up as a resisting arrest. He did cooperate so that won’t stick.

As a parent would you want your kid hanging out with a guy like Cav? Brags about being a pot head, street racing, and driving drunk. What more could you ask for in a role model?
I hung out with guys worse. Sure you are who you hang out with but I was also a good friend that made sure those guys were alright. Remember, I’m the role model. I’m the teacher not his friends. I wasn’t a follower at all by the way.

They do still have diversion courses online for adults. Like I said above. Most people wouldn’t have went to jail for what he did. The only reason was the officer wrote it up as a resisting arrest. He did cooperate so that won’t stick.
Not that it matters, because it will be dropped with any decent lawyer, he was charged with resisting law enforcement, not resisting arrest. He received that for fleeing from the police initially.

I hung out with guys worse. Sure you are who you hang out with but I was also a good friend that made sure those guys were alright. Remember, I’m the role model. I’m the teacher not his friends. I wasn’t a follower at all by the way.
Cav is not their friend in this situation. He's a booster providing them with money and cars.

You do you, but I would never allow that.

Not that it matters, because it will be dropped with any decent lawyer, he was charged with resisting law enforcement, not resisting arrest. He received that for fleeing from the police initially.
Which in that spot is easy to miss the cop who by the way admitted that. X said he didn’t see the cop until he was in the parking lot.

Cav is not their friend in this situation. He's a booster providing them with money and cars.

You do you, but I would never allow that.
Reading comprehension man. That’s not what i was inferring. I get what you are saying on the other point. So you do you. Remember these aren’t kids anymore. What you want might not be what they want.

• Love
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Which in that spot is easy to miss the cop who by the way admitted that. X said he didn’t see the cop until he was in the parking lot.
Then why was he trying to switch seats if he didn't see the cop? Do you have a link to where X didn't see the cop until he was in the parking lot?

Reading comprehension man. That’s not what i was inferring. I get what you are saying on the other point. So you do you. Remember these aren’t kids anymore. What you want might not be what they want.
I still take advice from my parents to this day. I can assure you had I been a high level college athlete in the NIL era, my parents would have put an end to a booster with those morals trying to hang around me.

Then why was he trying to switch seats if he didn't see the cop? Do you have a link to where X didn't see the cop until he was in the parking lot?
Again, read what I wrote. He didn’t see him until they hit the parking lot. I’ll look for the link. It’s been a minute.

Again, read what I wrote. He didn’t see him until they hit the parking lot. I’ll look for the link. It’s been a minute.
I read what you wrote. I followed it pretty closely, and I'm not aware of XJ ever making any comments on the matter. I'm interested to read it when you find the link. Still doesn't explain why he would be actively trying to switch seats with a passenger if he didn't see the cop.

I did both tho. I didn’t tell you about my blue Ford Taurus that was labeled the blue bomber. I always drove drunk. Not proud of it and I could have killed someone. But I constantly drove drunk and would hit parked cars etc in frat lots.
So, my whole point in this sh*t storm was just don't make light of that type of behavior or worse, promote it, which I think you'd be doing if you truly were thinking of taking XJ to a NHRA type event.

I read what you wrote. I followed it pretty closely, and I'm not aware of XJ ever making any comments on the matter. I'm interested to read it when you find the link. Still doesn't explain why he would be actively trying to switch seats with a passenger if he didn't see the cop.
He did see the cop. Stop twisting it.

He did see the cop. Stop twisting it.
You said he didn’t see the cop until he was in the parking lot. You said XJ said that. I asked for the link (I just looked and didn’t find anything). I’m not twisting anything. It sounds like you are though.

So, my whole point in this sh*t storm was just don't make light of that type of behavior or worse, promote it, which I think you'd be doing if you truly were thinking of taking XJ to a NHRA type event.

my video guy works for NHRA. I will probably bring some guys up for their event.

You said he didn’t see the cop until he was in the parking lot. You said XJ said that. I asked for the link (I just looked and didn’t find anything). I’m not twisting anything. It sounds like you are though.
Lol. I said he didn’t see him…follow me…until he got into the parking lot. That means…whomever was driving(these are charges) didn’t see him until the stop sign. Does that clear it up? Other than the police report. The report was on another forum and I can’t find it. Which I saw. I told you give me a minute to find. Also Brad Swain walked back some of the statements. Which means..oh crap I shouldn’t have arrested a non combative person. It also tells me there is probably no video proof. This is the last comment I’m making about this.

Lol. I said he didn’t see him…follow me…until he got into the parking lot. That means…whomever was driving(these are charges) didn’t see him until the stop sign. Does that clear it up? Other than the police report. The report was on another forum and I can’t find it. Which I saw. I told you give me a minute to find. Also Brad Swain walked back some of the statements. Which means..oh crap I shouldn’t have arrested a non combative person. It also tells me there is probably no video proof. This is the last comment I’m making about this.
No, it doesn’t clear it up, because this is all based on XJ actually saying he didn’t see the cop until the parking lot. I just went through every article and the police report, and he doesn’t say that in any of them. I don’t believe he said it. You are just trying to make it not seem as bad.

No, it doesn’t clear it up, because this is all based on XJ actually saying he didn’t see the cop until the parking lot. I just went through every article and the police report, and he doesn’t say that in any of them. I don’t believe he said it. You are just trying to make it not seem as bad.
At this point I don’t care. It’s going to be a “nothing” in a few weeks.

Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
I stumbled all the way to 19th and Washington area from Sports. I normally tried to steal a bike. That was a big thing in my day. Stealing bikes to ride home. I was worse than almost everyone in college, Ill acknowledge that, but my friends weren't too far behind me.
I remember that walk. Lived on 19th & Washington my senior year. Had La Cha way too much and my friend jumped in the Miller Showers pond grad weekend.

Reactions: Cavanagh
my video guy works for NHRA. I will probably bring some guys up for their event.
well, I'd hope you can see it's a bad look for XJ to attend an NHRA event and have that show up on SM at all. And, again, that's just my opinion. With NIL, he may be able to go out and ink a deal hawking Corvettes and make 10 million dollars for all I know; it adds a whole different level of complexity to things. But it doesn't change the basic fact that driving 90mph on city streets is wreckless and dangerous to a whole bunch of people besides the driver.

well, I'd hope you can see it's a bad look for XJ to attend an NHRA event and have that show up on SM at all. And, again, that's just my opinion. With NIL, he may be able to go out and ink a deal hawking Corvettes and make 10 million dollars for all I know; it adds a whole different level of complexity to things. But it doesn't change the basic fact that driving 90mph on city streets is wreckless and dangerous to a whole bunch of people besides the driver.
There was literally no pedestrians in a mile radius. it was 3 am. Again, stupid yes, but not that crazy. Move on.

There was literally no pedestrians in a mile radius. it was 3 am. Again, stupid yes, but not that crazy. Move on.
Pretty much everyone had moved on. The only reason it’s a discussion again right now is because you decided to bump the thread to brag about taking XJ to a NHRA event.

• Love
Pretty much everyone had moved on. The only reason it’s a discussion again right now is because you decided to bump the thread to brag about taking XJ to a NHRA event.
And that made you butthurt, again...... perpetually butthurt is no way to go through life.

it's a college town. Let's see, I think earlier in this thread you talked about being butt drunk and riding a stolen bike home at 3am, no? Think any college kids do that today?

And, I had moved on, because as I said, I fully expect CMW will deal with it internally, but someone said they were going to take XJ to an NHRA race. I'm old; who was that guy?

it's a college town. Let's see, I think earlier in this thread you talked about being butt drunk and riding a stolen bike home at 3am, no? Think any college kids do that today?

And, I had moved on, because as I said, I fully expect CMW will deal with it internally, but someone said they were going to take XJ to an NHRA race. I'm old; who was that guy?
you are very old. :)

All of this aside, are Stewart and Durr still stuck in the back trunk of that car or did they make it out? I certainly hope it doesn’t hurt Stewart’s shot for the upcoming season at Tennessee Tech. He was so “deadeye” for us that something like this could have a detrimental effect.

All of this aside, are Stewart and Durr still stuck in the back trunk of that car or did they make it out? I certainly hope it doesn’t hurt Stewart’s shot for the upcoming season at Tennessee Tech. He was so “deadeye” for us that something like this could have a detrimental effect.
He was our best shooter last year. That is a fact, Crustyt buff

Parker had a knee injury at the end of the season. I know you don’t care, but you don’t play the same injured. He was an over 40% 3P shooter healthy. And still the best on the team even when hurt.

It is easy to throw Cheetos in your mouth and critique, carry on with the stupid!
My final thought on PS is that hurt or healthy, he missed open 3s that shooting guards on other team routinely made against us. Our guards did not cause a lot of concern from our opponents. Parker wasn't a threat to drive to the basket and didn't take or make enough 3s to hurt them.

Parker never looked comfortable. I don't know if a second year would have changed that. It is good he returned to a place that he is familiar with.

My final thought on PS is that hurt or healthy, he missed open 3s that shooting guards on other team routinely made against us. Our guards did not cause a lot of concern from our opponents. Parker wasn't a threat to drive to the basket and didn't take or make enough 3s to hurt them.

Parker never looked comfortable. I don't know if a second year would have changed that. It is good he returned to a place that he is familiar with.
He has a lot in life to deal with besides bball. He will succeed in life, good guy, big heart.

I would agree that PS didn't give us all I expected or thought he was capable of. At times, I thought he looked like he wanted to, and could be a good defender, but he always appeared slow to me. Personally I thought he looked 10-15 lbs overweight the entire year and I think he could have been in better shape, but that was just my observation.

In defense of both PS and MK, I thought other teams did stick to them and really defend them from the 3; probably because they recognized we had no other shooters. But, I do think that helped create more open looks for TJD and RT. Not all that you want out of your 3 pt threats, but I did think they were defended harder on the perimeter than anyone else on our team most games

I would agree that PS didn't give us all I expected or thought he was capable of. At times, I thought he looked like he wanted to, and could be a good defender, but he always appeared slow to me. Personally I thought he looked 10-15 lbs overweight the entire year and I think he could have been in better shape, but that was just my observation.

In defense of both PS and MK, I thought other teams did stick to them and really defend them from the 3; probably because they recognized we had no other shooters. But, I do think that helped create more open looks for TJD and RT. Not all that you want out of your 3 pt threats, but I did think they were defended harder on the perimeter than anyone else on our team most games
Very rarely did teams leave or dig off of them.

Reactions: kkott
I would agree that PS didn't give us all I expected or thought he was capable of. At times, I thought he looked like he wanted to, and could be a good defender, but he always appeared slow to me.

Many times Stewart drew the toughest defensive assignment. He did his best, but he just didn't have the tools to contain them well. It wasn't for lack of effort.

Many times Stewart drew the toughest defensive assignment. He did his best, but he just didn't have the tools to contain them well. It wasn't for lack of effort.
and you didn't think he looked overweight? I thought he looked like he was carrying an extra 10 all year. Don't see how that's possible, but thats how it looked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT