ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Stewart not returning...

Well he really should stop talking to the players. He admitted a little bit ago he encourages them to smoke and do edibles.

Yep, any guy dumb enough to say something like that doesn’t need to be around the players.
Now you are making up things. I said they all should be encouraged, not I am encouraging them. Meaning I think the NCAA should push for THC over pain pills. Don't twist my words like you do everyone else's.

Now you are making up things. I said they all should be encouraged, not I am encouraging them. Meaning I think the NCAA should push for THC over pain pills. Don't twist my words like you do everyone else's.
Haha you know exactly what you meant. Now, you can go back to your joint, Rudy.

You don’t understand basketball. If Parker was on Duke he would have a ton of open looks. Our team had one guy who could create. One. That greatly prohibits players like Parker. Parker is a sniper. He is an amazing set shooter. If he has to create, come flying around screens for catch and shoot, his percentages go down.

it was supremely easy to guard Parker this year because the defenders never helped off and were usually super athletic.

super athletic guys won’t be playing over seas and Parker will have MANY more open opportunities, making him very valuable.

Let me know if I can help you with bball 101 in the future.

Holy shit is this stupid.

Holy shit is this stupid.
Parker had a knee injury at the end of the season. I know you don’t care, but you don’t play the same injured. He was an over 40% 3P shooter healthy. And still the best on the team even when hurt.

It is easy to throw Cheetos in your mouth and critique, carry on with the stupid!

He did a good job of convincing them to stay (well our NIL collectives did). No where did I state it was a fact they would be leaving.
Really? How about...

"There will be 6+ players not on the team that were last year."

Sure, you didn't use the word "fact" but I will go with your own words.

Haha you know exactly what you meant. Now, you can go back to your joint, Rudy.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Parker had a knee injury at the end of the season. I know you don’t care, but you don’t play the same injured. He was an over 40% 3P shooter healthy. And still the best on the team even when hurt.

It is easy to throw Cheetos in your mouth and critique, carry on with the stupid!

I care about saving you money on this phone call!

You're mad at your dad not me. I forgive you.

As I approach 50 a crisis of old age has set in leading me to renounce sweater vests about a year ago. It's true.
I was 30 when I went to the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. I started wearing cardigan sweaters with a tie when the weather got cold. One of the students thought I was a professor. I said, "No, I am a freshman like you." lol

• Haha
Reactions: Seyton
You don’t understand basketball. If Parker was on Duke he would have a ton of open looks. Our team had one guy who could create. One. That greatly prohibits players like Parker. Parker is a sniper. He is an amazing set shooter. If he has to create, come flying around screens for catch and shoot, his percentages go down.

it was supremely easy to guard Parker this year because the defenders never helped off and were usually super athletic.

super athletic guys won’t be playing over seas and Parker will have MANY more open opportunities, making him very valuable.

Let me know if I can help you with bball 101 in the future.
If Stewart was on Duke this past season, he would played Duncomb minutes.

PS stuck with IU thru a difficult transition year. He could have bailed. IU was a better team last season with PS on the roster. I wish him well.
Why was Stewart always turning up during stupid sh@&) that went down?

Northwestern suspension? Yep - he was there.

The Xavier Johnson Grand Prix? Yep, he was there too.

Like a bad penny.

If he could actually shoot well in games, all the other garbage would take a back seat but he was not any good there either so it all became part of the package.

Why was Stewart always turning up during stupid sh@&) that went down?

Northwestern suspension? Yep - he was there.

The Xavier Johnson Grand Prix? Yep, he was there too.

Like a bad penny.

If he could actually shoot well in games, all the other garbage would take a back seat but he was not any good there either so it all became part of the package.
"Xavier Johnson Grand Prix." Classic.

Reactions: Lucy01
Im gonna make the IU fanbase puke when I take Xavier to the NHRA event in Indy in September. gonna try to get him in a car.
Do what you want, but I don't think making light of what he did is funny. Take him to a drivers education course, or something that shows him the danger of what he did. It's not a joke.

I've talked about it many times, but if you have or know a new driver, register them for the BRAKES Driving school. Started by a champion drag racer who lost both his son's when his oldest was hot rodding taking his younger brother to McDonalds. Excellent program where they put new drivers through many of the most common dangerous situations that plague new drivers and show them how to react. Excellent instruction, generally from racing professionals and law enforcement. If you really want to impress, and X wants to show some maturity and leadership and owning his actions, this would be a more appropriate endeavor. If you want to make me puke, carry on...

Do what you want, but I don't think making light of what he did is funny. Take him to a drivers education course, or something that shows him the danger of what he did. It's not a joke.

I've talked about it many times, but if you have or know a new driver, register them for the BRAKES Driving school. Started by a champion drag racer who lost both his son's when his oldest was hot rodding taking his younger brother to McDonalds. Excellent program where they put new drivers through many of the most common dangerous situations that plague new drivers and show them how to react. Excellent instruction, generally from racing professionals and law enforcement. If you really want to impress, and X wants to show some maturity and leadership and owning his actions, this would be a more appropriate endeavor. If you want to make me puke, carry on...

Everyone I know should have taken this class if you compare them to what X did.

we litterally would go to 446 and the causeway and race regularly. Every male i knew in college that had a sports car did this. Every single one.

Everyone I know should have taken this class if you compare them to what X did.

we litterally would go to 446 and the causeway and race regularly. Every male i knew in college that had a sports car did this. Every single one.
Did you race on Walnut?

XJ needs to stay out of trouble. Not sure how enabling his behavior with a sports car encourages him to be better behaved.

Did you race on Walnut?

XJ needs to stay out of trouble. Not sure how enabling his behavior with a sports car encourages him to be better behaved.
I did. Buicks vs mustangs. In the exact spot X raced. We did bridge to the tracks on 37 too. Prow road behind north. Old 37 on Dolan stretch. Lots of fast cars around with guys doing dumb stuff. Ran from the police…you name it.

Did you race on Walnut?

Literally probably 100 times on walnut. I did so much stupid shit and so did all my friends in college. I’m starting to wonder if any of you guys actually had fun while at IU. What school did you go to???

I did. Buicks vs mustangs. In the exact spot X raced. We did bridge to the tracks on 37 too. Prow road behind north. Old 37 on Dolan stretch. Lots of fast cars around with guys doing dumb stuff. Ran from the police…you name it.
My financial advisor (probably the most straight laced guy now, manages 150 million)and I were just talking about when we were in college and he raced my buddy on SouthDowns while I rode shotgun . SOUTHOwns. Like by high street.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
And you think IUBB players should be encouraged to do that as well?

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Literally probably 100 times on walnut. I did so much stupid shit and so did all my friends in college. I’m starting to wonder if any of you guys actually had fun while at IU. What school did you go to???
And you think IUBB players should be encouraged to do that?

I went to IU and had a great time. The only time I got in trouble with LEO was a minor consumption during welcome week as a sophomore. I didn't know anyone going out and racing at 3 am. Must be an old dude thing.

My financial advisor (probably the most straight laced guy now, manages 150 million)and I were just talking about when we were in college and he raced my buddy on SouthDowns while I rode shotgun . SOUTHOwns. Like by high street.
Some of these guys must’ve been perfect or didn’t do anything. This thing is going to be nothing. The Cop actually charged the thing wrong anyway. The stop sign and resisting will go away. The other will be pled to nothing also.

Reactions: Cavanagh
There's a difference between sowing oats and having fun where you are maybe putting yourself at risk or the lives of innocent bystanders. Everyone does stupid stuff growing up. One of the big differences now is that often that stupid stuff is glorified on SM and then you get copycat effects. Sure, I got drunk a ton and did hundreds of dumb things growing up, but I hope I've learned from it and am embarassed by some things, and there are plenty I've tried to help my kids or others steer around to avoid. Honestly, that's what I'm trying to do here: that's a bad idea for the reasons I mentioned.

Frankly, I'll be shocked if CMW doesn't give XJ a pretty severe punishment of some sort for his racing. It might be behind closed doors, but I would guess something along the lines of not allowing/stripping a captaincy, and/or 2-4 game suspension to start the season.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Some of these guys must’ve been perfect or didn’t do anything. This thing is going to be nothing. The Cop actually charged the thing wrong anyway. The stop sign and resisting will go away. The other will be pled to nothing also.
We aren't talking about this last incident. Cav said he was going to buy XJ a fast car. AKA encourage him to do it again.

If TJD is to be believed, there will be a zero tolerance trouble policy. Anyone who cares about IUBB would think this would be a bad thing.

We aren't talking about this last incident. Cav said he was going to buy XJ a fast car. AKA encourage him to do it again.

If TJD is to be believed, there will be a zero tolerance trouble policy. Anyone who cares about IUBB would think this would be a bad thing.
Cav knows if X has a fast enough car he will be able to outrun the police and then no problem.

Yeah. At a sanctioned track. Smfh. So speeding at a track legally? It’s not the same. I did both.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Just because I did stupid crap, doesn't mean we shouldn't discourage it in others and also try not to glorify it. It's one of the ill-effects of technology and SM... now everyone sees it and there are often copycats. You want to race on private property, dragway, or some country road at midnight; that's where to be stupid in a car imo, if you have to. Going 90 on a fairly busy/occupied city or residential street is never going to be OK, and shouldn't be glorified, and that's all I was suggesting to Cav. You guys have made your (wrong) assertion: some of us didn't do stupid stuff or have fun growing up, here's one of mine: I'm guessing Cav doesn't have kids, do you? That changed my perspective a ton.

Reactions: Champs1976
Yeah. At a sanctioned track. Smfh. So speeding at a track legally? It’s not the same. I did both.
XJ has two 90+ mph traffic incidents in the last 7 months. But yeah, let's put him behind the wheel of a faster car while allowing a dude of questionable character to tell him about his street racing days and the amount of pot he smokes on a daily basis. Seems like the perfect role model for a college kid. Exactly the type of guy I would want hanging around my players if I were a coach.

I’m not encouraging it, I’m just saying get over it. Learn, move on. He doesn’t need classes.

And no, not that I know of.
XJ has two 90+ mph traffic incidents in the last 7 months
If this is true, classes are probably exactly what he needs (and would/will be sentenced to) along with a suspended license!

You're the one who mentioned it, so if you were just kidding, no problem. But you're also doing your SM stuff with players and if you were thinking about that as a PR type thing, I think it's a bad idea. The BRAKES thing is limited to teens, so XJ wouldn't be eligible, although they require an adult parent or guardian to attend with the teen, and you'll learn a ton about safe driving; I did. I was just saying if you really were thinking of trying to do something as a promotion, XJ attending something like BRAKES and talking to the kids and sort of owning that he shouldn't have done that, would be a way to do that but in a positive light.

You're the reason I was scared to stumble drunk from Kilroy's to Taco Bell at 3 in the morning....
I stumbled all the way to 19th and Washington area from Sports. I normally tried to steal a bike. That was a big thing in my day. Stealing bikes to ride home. I was worse than almost everyone in college, Ill acknowledge that, but my friends weren't too far behind me.

• Haha
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT