ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Stewart not returning...

Per allasley (sr. writer) on premie board, PS will not be returning next season.

Something isn’t right within the program and I’m not sure Woodson knows how to manage 20 year old kids.

I’m surprised we responded as well as we did after the Northwestern debacle but seems like a lot of bodies are either running for, or bringing kicked to the exits.

Something isn’t right within the program and I’m not sure Woodson knows how to manage 20 year old kids.

I’m surprised we responded as well as we did after the Northwestern debacle but seems like a lot of bodies are either running for, or bringing kicked to the exits.
Which players leaving would you rather stay? Heck, more need to go. What wouldn’t be right is if nothing was done to improve the team.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

What exactly is wrong within the program? A former 5* guard who couldn’t see the floor decides to transfer and a guy with 2 degrees between 3 different schools who graduated high school 5 years ago decides to retire from collegiate basketball signals problems? Step off the ledge my dude.

Wut?

this was expected.

Kids want to play

We have three incoming and now three not returning; technically no scholarships are currently available. The fact that we are still recruiting high school players and already expressed interest in at least one player in the portal ought to let everyone know we are planning for more leaving.

Which players leaving would you rather stay? Heck, more need to go. What wouldn’t be right is if nothing was done to improve the team.

I’d have loved all of them to stay, especially Stewart. He’s one of the few shooters that we have. I also would have liked Fife to stick around.

Meh. Indiana did not have a legitimate starting five this past season and none of the departures to date have been the least bit surprising. It appeared to me Stewart took up playing time only because there was no better option on the roster. If holding his players accountable rather than coddling equates to not "knowing how to manage 20 year olds" I'm cool with that.

Parker has a pro offer on the table. 99% sure he takes it and starts his professional career over seas. I’ll go watch him play next year for sure.
T seas must be awful. Not trying to bash the kid but he wouldn’t have started for hardly anyone else in our conference.

Reactions: Tscurlo
T seas must be awful. Not trying to bash the kid but he wouldn’t have started for hardly anyone else in our conference.
You realize Justin smith is in the G league and Freddy mcswain got a gig over seas. Parker will make some money with his shot overseas.

What exactly is wrong within the program? A former 5* guard who couldn’t see the floor decides to transfer and a guy with 2 degrees between 3 different schools who graduated high school 5 years ago decides to retire from collegiate basketball signals problems? Step off the ledge my dude.
I think the worry is from several areas.
1. We are such die hard fans we don’t want anything wrong.
2. Some of us remember Woodson as a player and want him to succeed
3. We like Fife and worry re the reasons he left.
With logic, some guys are going to try their luck in the pros (Trace, Race?). Some guys will move on with their lives (Parker, Kopp?). Some guys want playing time (Lander, Durr?).
Those reasons are normal, especially in the era of the transfer portal.

Justin Smith averaged 15 and 8 at Arkansas.
Justin like Freddy could jump and was athletic. Parker is an extreme shooter. Doesn’t matter what you or I think. Fact of the matter is teams will pay him to play.

Extreme shooter who averaged 6 pts a game for a team the desperately needed perimeter scoring. Smh
You don’t understand basketball. If Parker was on Duke he would have a ton of open looks. Our team had one guy who could create. One. That greatly prohibits players like Parker. Parker is a sniper. He is an amazing set shooter. If he has to create, come flying around screens for catch and shoot, his percentages go down.

it was supremely easy to guard Parker this year because the defenders never helped off and were usually super athletic.

super athletic guys won’t be playing over seas and Parker will have MANY more open opportunities, making him very valuable.

Let me know if I can help you with bball 101 in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT