ADVERTISEMENT

OTF thought experiment.

Jesus Christ, dude, how old is too old in your mind? All we need is working junk and a life exptectancy of another 20 years or so to get the next generation on their feet.

Although, based on your original conditions, I guess it's probably a good idea not to procreate until AFTER the three years are up.

Still, I don't think I'm ten years from the grave, man.

Bro... I'll be ****ing 20 yo till I die, man......

It's God given.

lol ... I'm laughing because I stopped to think about it and see what skills you bring and drew a blank. lomao.

Many of us don't have the skills needed. Scott 90210, who has trapped in Alaska... actually does. Except he's flaccid but in this experiment he's probably one of the most valuable in knowledge.

But is he an asset? He's a smelly racist POS. Is his knowledge enough to outweigh his sandpaper on the head of my **** personality?

My penis works. I get a boner when the wind blows.

However, I have no evidence that my sperm works.

Although my ex was pregnant for a short time...

Jesus Christ, dude, how old is too old in your mind? All we need is working junk and a life exptectancy of another 20 years or so to get the next generation on their feet.

Although, based on your original conditions, I guess it's probably a good idea not to procreate until AFTER the three years are up.

Still, I don't think I'm ten years from the grave, man.

Age not only equals drop in sperm count but more susceptibility to illness. I would say under 40 is the line. You need knowledge and experience, but would want the majority of the group younger but that's just one view. Each has weaknesses.

And yes, procreating with limited resource, while in the bunker, that's a problem. If babies are born early, people would need to go. Consider it "Creaning". Unless someone has the ability to create more water and food.

I'm in. Smart. Kind. Good jams of all kinds during the wait. Hunt and fish when the door opens. Tribal elder - resolving disputes, dispensing wisdom.

C-$ and MD are out. They will hound the gals too much and embitter them toward the good thing.

Cap is in. Not a threat to my eventual love dominance.Apparently good with flowers.

McNutt - all the loving will leave me with a need to go play golf after the door opens.

Goat and TMP are in. They'll bitch and moan so much the girls will kill them, leaving me in a desirable position as - literally - the last man alive.

Happy Armageddon!

Reactions: crossfire74
I'm in. Smart. Kind. Good jams of all kinds during the wait. Hunt and fish when the door opens. Tribal elder - resolving disputes, dispensing wisdom.

C-$ and MD are out. They will hound the gals too much and embitter them toward the good thing.

Cap is in. Not a threat to my eventual love dominance.Apparently good with flowers.

McNutt - all the loving will leave me with a need to go play golf after the door opens.

Goat and TMP are in. They'll bitch and moan so much the girls will kill them, leaving me in a desirable position as - literally - the last man alive.

Happy Armageddon!
Okay, I changed my mind. You're out, because you obviously don't care about the survival of the species. To you, the apocalypse is just fancy-talk for "License to Bone."

0514d5dbc504f8265016e3312be307d86c8d7b-wm.jpg

MTIITB - My Team Is In The Bunker

First off, I'm out. I have no skills to bring to the table that would help in this scenario. Not that I don't have skills, I do, but for the sake of humanity I'll take the hit. So, as much as I love me some me - I can't see including me. Sigh.

Under this scenario - here's My Starting Five...

Warison - dude is militant. He'll protect the collective, because you know there's gonna be some zombie ass C-$ types roaming the post-apocalyptic tundra. Also an outdoorsy type, so good for hunting / gathering. Bit of a risk, because his abuse of a wah-wah pedal might grow wearisome after a week, much less three years, but Warison is on my team nonetheless.

McHoop - he can flat out garden, me thinks. Plus, I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend, who know's a dude, that says he can grow a bit of herb to help with migraines and other maladies - plus, five females all cycling at the same time? They are going to need some chilling out, so to speak. Plus - he would be the keeper of the tunes - he has great taste in music, and I would do everything in my power to ensure that good music endures. Hence, I'm eliminating C-$ as a matter of course.

NickStromboli - can handle a shotgun. Grew up on a farm - knows how to plant and harvest. Also, game will be plentiful, so a guy who can shoot would be good. And - although I'm agnostic, I'm including Nick because he advocates his faith in a way that would be good for humanity.

TMP - as much as I like to flame him, I think in this scenario, you need a builder. He can make things work - he's the bunker's version of MacGuyver. Just give him a paper clip and a wah wah pedal, and he could make ????? (Someone had to take the damn thing away from Warison - he was flat out awful on it!) Plus, he can play music (or so he says....). And garden (or so he says...) And paint figurines (or so he says)....He could also be the counter-force to Nick's pro-deity force - need balance in the collective. Plus, he brings in the mexi-asian gene pool? Or is it Korean-Germanic? I can't keep his excellent genes in order. Good to be diverse!

Goat - need someone who can document this trainwreck, and arbitrate the ultimate squabbles that will arise. He is the collective's Maester / Historian. There is no room for a doctor, as there is no insurance in this world. Added bonus - has culinary ability, and also skills mixing drinks, which is nice. But more importantly, Goat likes hockey. Hockey needs to be preserved.

I fear for humanity if this would ever prove true, but it would make for a great novel.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I can skin a buck, run a trot line and a country boy can survive. 38 yrs old and grew up on a farm. You city folk are helpless.

Here are my qualifications. I don't consort with those of the robut race

Yes.

BTW, golfing at Trophy Club both Fri late afternoon (3:51?) and Sat around 3... Let me know if you're interested.
Probably not going to work this week. Friday I have to work and Saturday is lacrosse tournament in Carmel.

I can skin a buck, run a trot line and a country boy can survive. 38 yrs old and grew up on a farm. You city folk are helpless.

Here are my qualifications. I don't consort with those of the robut race

You would be my first pick. You have the skills, and unlike Scott aren't a giant douchebag. Health is a concern though.

MTIITB - My Team Is In The Bunker

First off, I'm out. I have no skills to bring to the table that would help in this scenario. Not that I don't have skills, I do, but for the sake of humanity I'll take the hit. So, as much as I love me some me - I can't see including me. Sigh.

Under this scenario - here's My Starting Five...

Warison - dude is militant. He'll protect the collective, because you know there's gonna be some zombie ass C-$ types roaming the post-apocalyptic tundra. Also an outdoorsy type, so good for hunting / gathering. Bit of a risk, because his abuse of a wah-wah pedal might grow wearisome after a week, much less three years, but Warison is on my team nonetheless.

McHoop - he can flat out garden, me thinks. Plus, I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend, who know's a dude, that says he can grow a bit of herb to help with migraines and other maladies - plus, five females all cycling at the same time? They are going to need some chilling out, so to speak. Plus - he would be the keeper of the tunes - he has great taste in music, and I would do everything in my power to ensure that good music endures. Hence, I'm eliminating C-$ as a matter of course.

NickStromboli - can handle a shotgun. Grew up on a farm - knows how to plant and harvest. Also, game will be plentiful, so a guy who can shoot would be good. And - although I'm agnostic, I'm including Nick because he advocates his faith in a way that would be good for humanity.

TMP - as much as I like to flame him, I think in this scenario, you need a builder. He can make things work - he's the bunker's version of MacGuyver. Just give him a paper clip and a wah wah pedal, and he could make ????? (Someone had to take the damn thing away from Warison - he was flat out awful on it!) Plus, he can play music (or so he says....). And garden (or so he says...) And paint figurines (or so he says)....He could also be the counter-force to Nick's pro-deity force - need balance in the collective. Plus, he brings in the mexi-asian gene pool? Or is it Korean-Germanic? I can't keep his excellent genes in order. Good to be diverse!

Goat - need someone who can document this trainwreck, and arbitrate the ultimate squabbles that will arise. He is the collective's Maester / Historian. There is no room for a doctor, as there is no insurance in this world. Added bonus - has culinary ability, and also skills mixing drinks, which is nice. But more importantly, Goat likes hockey. Hockey needs to be preserved.

I fear for humanity if this would ever prove true, but it would make for a great novel.

I'm too old, it's that simple. My best days are behind me. Warison, Nick and Goat can easily replace what I bring and they're each younger than I am. The only thing missing, maybe, is mechanical aptitude.I'm part Asian, so I don't show my age, but the percentages (chance to impregnate, chances for illness) are against me.

fwiw - those are three (Warison, Nick, Goat) of my picks. The group would need a Doctor an EMT would work too.

I'm too old, it's that simple. My best days are behind me. Warison, Nick and Goat can easily replace what I bring and they're each younger that I am. fwiw - those are three of my picks. The only thing missing, maybe, is mechanical aptitude.
You know, I'm not that great with cars, but I can build a damn fine post-apocalyptic plumbing system. And I know how to heat a shelter using water and sunlight during the winter. So I think I might bring more to this than I first realized. At first, I thought the only things I had going for me were my brains and sunny disposition.

You know, I'm not that great with cars, but I can build a damn fine post-apocalyptic plumbing system. And I know how to heat a shelter using water and sunlight during the winter. So I think I might bring more to this than I first realized. At first, I thought the only things I had going for me were my brains and sunny disposition.

Yea, skills or what we think of them change. I have a green thumb and can do a lot with plants. That skill, which is viewed mostly with dismissal in our current society, becomes very important. Nicks ability to hunt and fish becomes very useful. But, as important.. How will the people handle, mentally, 3 years of cooped up semi isolation. Boredom. Same 9 people. How will they adjust to new norms. Can they?

Last edited:
Yea, skills or what we think of them change. I have a green thumb and can do a lot with plants. That skill, which is viewed mostly with dismissal in our current society, becomes very important. Nicks ability to hunt and fish becomes very useful. But, as important.. How will the people handle, mentally, 3 years of cooped up semi isolation. Boredom. Same 9 people. How will the adjust to new norms. Can they?
The size of this three-year shelter is going to be of tremendous importance.

The size of this three-year shelter is going to be of tremendous importance.
Just big enough. More room = more energy expended to maintain. For the purpose of the experiment, each person would need their own room, and that would be the only "me" zone. All other areas would be communal.

Just big enough. More room = more energy expended to maintain. For the purpose of the experiment, each person would need their own room, and that would be the only "me" zone. All other areas would be communal.
Under the circumstances, that seems huge. Do the "me" zones have locks? I can handle just about anyone, so long as I know in the back of my head I can go away if need be.

Under the circumstances, that seems huge. Do the "me" zones have locks? I can handle just about anyone, so long as I know in the back of my head I can go away if need be.
Yea, I think that's important too. I absolutely need a couple hours alone every few days. So, yes, there's locks.

I'll tally up the "votes" tomorrow. See who the group is and rationalize their fate.

I knocked up a woman in my very first week of ever trying. That's all i got. Oh and I'm tall, if that is good for anything.

The funniest thing in this thread is MTIOTF's reasoning. Set himself up to get all the goodies. If he isn't a true Republican, no one is.

The funniest thing in this thread is MTIOTF's reasoning. Set himself up to get all the goodies. If he isn't a true Republican, no one is.

Every good cult leader takes the women for himself.
I don't WANT to do it.
But when the future depends on it...

Aren't you the one who has no clue where to buy shoestrings?? You know...a pretty simple task.

You gotta give me some confidence that you'd survive in this new world, MTIOTF.

In his Brave New World, everyone wears flip-flops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT