ADVERTISEMENT

OT Art Briles

Euro

Senior
Sep 7, 2001
Scheduled to speak at the AFCA convention, a sad state of affairs for the coaching profession

Art Briles is a good man and a very good football coach it is unfortunate that he allowed the crap to cloud is judgment. Don’t believe that he is a Rick Pitino or a Bobby Petrino. Just made a huge mistake.

Art Briles is a good man and a very good football coach it is unfortunate that he allowed the crap to cloud is judgment. Don’t believe that he is a Rick Pitino or a Bobby Petrino. Just made a huge mistake.

WTF?? Briles was the HC when rapes, sexual misconduct, and drug dealing by his players was happening. He also went to the Admin to make sure that his guys either got lenient punishments or nothing at all. He's a real POS. This is all documented as well. Are you married to his sister or something?

That whole situation was a fiasco of epic proportions...As the father of daughters that age I'm surprised (especially down in Texas) that none of the players were freakin taken out to the oil fields and buried! There is a sh!tload of documented rapes. I signed a petition to end Baylor football. That's the last thing that damn university needs to be doing after that mess.

Reactions: IUgradman
And Houston hires his kid who was also complicate with all the doings
That whole situation was a fiasco of epic proportions...As the father of daughters that age I'm surprised (especially down in Texas) that none of the players were freakin taken out to the oil fields and buried! There is a sh!tload of documented rapes. I signed a petition to end Baylor football. That's the last thing that damn university needs to be doing after that mess.

Based on what?

WTF?? Briles was the HC when rapes, sexual misconduct, and drug dealing by his players was happening. He also went to the Admin to make sure that his guys either got lenient punishments or nothing at all. He's a real POS. This is all documented as well. Are you married to his sister or something?
Don’t know if that makes him a “bad guy” as much as it makes him incompetent and unaware. Either way, he shouldn’t be coaching young men, because he couldn’t get them on track. I’m not here to judge the quality of his character, but none of us can look at this situation and say that he, or Baylor, or anyone involved handled this competently at all.

Because ending the program solved the issue right? Or it just creates one less opportunity for young men and creates an environment that perpetuates more of the issues you are trying to avoid.

That was my only beef with the individuals who wanted to end Baylor football. It was never made clear what the end game was with that proposal, or if it would actually solve anything. Okay, let’s end it, and have a bunch of guys who are in high school now, just not go to Baylor or not go to college at all. That sure never seemed like a rational solution to me. I think that everyone can agree that people at Baylor needed to be fired, but to end the program doesn’t really benefit anyone. Getting NEW people to run the program makes more sense, and thats ultimately what happened.

Don’t know if that makes him a “bad guy” as much as it makes him incompetent and unaware. Either way, he shouldn’t be coaching young men, because he couldn’t get them on track. I’m not here to judge the quality of his character, but none of us can look at this situation and say that he, or Baylor, or anyone involved handled this competently at all.

Being the HC of the football program and actively lobbying the Admin to look the other way regarding rape and sexual misconduct makes him much more than just a "bad guy". I'd say he's a really huge, disgusting, stinking, POS. He allowed that culture to grow and flourish under his watch and he was not just complicit, he was an enabler. It's on record what he did.

But his kid and any assistant that knew what was going on still continue to coach. That is what is wrong with the coaching profession in the name of win at all costs

Because ending the program solved the issue right? Or it just creates one less opportunity for young men and creates an environment that perpetuates more of the issues you are trying to avoid.

That was my only beef with the individuals who wanted to end Baylor football. It was never made clear what the end game was with that proposal, or if it would actually solve anything. Okay, let’s end it, and have a bunch of guys who are in high school now, just not go to Baylor or not go to college at all. That sure never seemed like a rational solution to me. I think that everyone can agree that people at Baylor needed to be fired, but to end the program doesn’t really benefit anyone. Getting NEW people to run the program makes more sense, and thats ultimately what happened.

Well we just won't agree here...It was out of hand just like the psu situation. They needed to take a break and put student safety before football. Why is that so difficult! Then in a couple years make an announcement and demand accountability moving forward. Like I said and I was NOT kidding. The fact that none of those young men ended up in the dirt still has me baffled. It went on for a long damn time! Four years and 52 documented rapes not mentioning the women who did not step forward.

Also, if you have ever read how Baylor ended up in the B12 instead of TCU its a joke. Ann Richards made sure of that pulling political bullsh!t!

Football is football its a sport. Rape is a f*cked up violent crime!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT