ADVERTISEMENT

Only good stuff

You know, I spend a lot of time talking about how stupid sports are, but once in a while I'm reminded that kids exist. Maybe all the money we give these jocks and greedy owners to put on this meaningless display is all worth it, simply for the joy it can bring children.

Maybe. Kids love idols and sports gives us that, whether we like it or not.

This one really hits hard.

Florida Sheriffs deputy shoots through a computer monitor and in between two hostages to nail a would be bank robber who was holding said hostages. The best and coolest video you'll see today.

I saw a PU guy is headed to the Olympics in synchronized diving btw
Yep, and his partner (Tyler Downs) was also a Purdue diver - sort of. I think he only dove for one season.

There is a really heartbreaking backstory as well. Purdue's longtime diving coach, Adam Soldati, was diagnosed with ALS a few months ago. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Just a special guy. He's in his late 40's and has 6 kids ages 10-18. He is arguably the most decorated Purdue coach in any sport, having been national coach of the year 5 times, Big Ten coach of the year 11 times (in 19 years), 14 NCAA champions. Olympic gold medalist David Boudia is taking over coaching duties at Purdue, but expect to see a lot of Adam during the Olympics. He is that special.

Man, I'm getting choked up typing this. A special, special guy. Boudia has big shoes to fill, but he too is a great guy.

• Sad
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Yep, and his partner (Tyler Downs) was also a Purdue diver - sort of. I think he only dove for one season.

There is a really heartbreaking backstory as well. Purdue's longtime diving coach, Adam Soldati, was diagnosed with ALS a few months ago. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Just a special guy. He's in his late 40's and has 6 kids ages 10-18. He is arguably the most decorated Purdue coach in any sport, having been national coach of the year 5 times, Big Ten coach of the year 11 times (in 19 years), 14 NCAA champions. Olympic gold medalist David Boudia is taking over coaching duties at Purdue, but expect to see a lot of Adam during the Olympics. He is that special.

Man, I'm getting choked up typing this. A special, special guy. Boudia has big shoes to fill, but he too is a great guy.

Als is such a terrible disease. Unfortunately this board knows this too well.

Reactions: Noodle
  • Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge