ADVERTISEMENT

Only good stuff

Mids: Star Roc3, Discraft Meteor (I'm probably getting a Comet someday too), Westside Warship, Buzz, DX Roc

Putters: KC/JK Pro Aviars. I'll also use Gateway Wizards

The Ballista Pro is funny. Should be overstable but isn't. I can get it out to about 350 or so on a good day.

Favorite rounds are just taking a couple mids out and throwing. I get about the same score anyway with far less frustration.
I think I have at least a couple of those discs (e.g., Aviar putter). But I’ve never played disc golf in my entire life. One of these days. (I picked them up at Play it Again Sports, and there’s a course by our house where we sometimes go hiking.)

I think I have at least a couple of those discs (e.g., Aviar putter). But I’ve never played disc golf in my entire life. One of these days. (I picked them up at Play it Again Sports, and there’s a course by our house where we sometimes go hiking.)
Honestly, for some, crack is less addictive.

It's like golf but cheaper and less time consuming. Plus you can get decent relatively quickly. I guess that makes it more like checkers vs chess.

How did this great thread devolve into a discussion of frisbees?
Subtle am I not? It's like an ear worm. Next you'll be looking it up on Youtube and you'll be wondering, "why the hell is there so much content on frisbee golf". Then on to Amazon (don't worry you'll learn they are verboten for disc purchases later on) to purchase a starter pack (i've linked a decent one below for you). And finally you'll be standing in the woods wondering whether the shot ahead of you calls for a flip up to turnover backhand or whether your "new" forehand form can get it there on hyzer.

And you'll know what that all means.

See, just like crack.

Amazon product ASIN B00U1VE2X4

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
JFOWfZT.jpg

James Maitland Stewart: Decorated Pilot Flies 20 Combat Missions Over Germany

"James Maitland Stewart, of Indiana Pennsylvania, had over 400 flight hours as a civilian pilot when he enlisted in the Army Air Corps in 1941, and became an instructor for both the B-17 and B-24. He was 33 years old."

According to the National Aviation Hall of Fame: "In November 1943, Stewart was sent to England as Operations Officer for the 703rd Squadron, 445th Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force, transferring to the 453rd Bombardment Group in March 1944. Then Major Stewart flew 20 dangerous combat missions as a B-24 command pilot, wing commander or squadron commander, earning the Distinguished Flying Cross with two Oak Leaf Clusters, The Air Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, and the French Croix de Guerre with Palm." (Source: National Aviation Hall of Fame)

Colonel Stewart remained in the US Air Force Reserve and was promoted to Brigadier General in 1959.
During his two weeks of active duty in 1966 Stewart requested a combat assignment, and he was duly sent on an inspection tour of Vietnam, where his stepson, 1Lt Ronald McLean, had recently been fatally wounded at the age of 24. Stewart insisted on participating in a strike against VC targets, flying a mission at the controls of B-52F 57-0149.

After 27 years of service, James retired in 1968 and was awarded the United States Air Force Distinguished Service Medal. Stewart rose from Private to Colonel in just four years.

After the war James returned to his acting career. James passed away on July 2, 1997 at the age of 89 in Beverly Hills California. Over 3,000 were in attendance during his memorial service with full military honors. He lies in rest at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale California.

As a lifelong advocate for aviators James Stewart has rightfully earned his place in the National Aviation Hall of Fame. Lest We Forget.

#ww2uncovered #honorourveterans #WWIIveteran #worldwartwo #worldwar2 #WorldWarII #greatestgeneration #ww2 #pilot #ww2pilot #wwiihistory #WWII #WorldWarHeroes #jimmystewart #SaluteToService #lestweforget
WWII uncovered
©️
original description and photos sourced by: The National Aviation Hall of Fame, US Army Center of Military History and The Jimmy Stewart Museum.

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and text

"James Maitland Stewart, of Indiana Pennsylvania, had over 400 flight hours as a civilian pilot when he enlisted in the Army Air Corps in 1941, and became an instructor for both the B-17 and B-24. He was 33 years old."

According to the National Aviation Hall of Fame: "In November 1943, Stewart was sent to England as Operations Officer for the 703rd Squadron, 445th Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force, transferring to the 453rd Bombardment Group in March 1944. Then Major Stewart flew 20 dangerous combat missions as a B-24 command pilot, wing commander or squadron commander, earning the Distinguished Flying Cross with two Oak Leaf Clusters, The Air Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, and the French Croix de Guerre with Palm." (Source: National Aviation Hall of Fame)

Colonel Stewart remained in the US Air Force Reserve and was promoted to Brigadier General in 1959.
During his two weeks of active duty in 1966 Stewart requested a combat assignment, and he was duly sent on an inspection tour of Vietnam, where his stepson, 1Lt Ronald McLean, had recently been fatally wounded at the age of 24. Stewart insisted on participating in a strike against VC targets, flying a mission at the controls of B-52F 57-0149.

After 27 years of service, James retired in 1968 and was awarded the United States Air Force Distinguished Service Medal. Stewart rose from Private to Colonel in just four years.

After the war James returned to his acting career. James passed away on July 2, 1997 at the age of 89 in Beverly Hills California. Over 3,000 were in attendance during his memorial service with full military honors. He lies in rest at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale California.

As a lifelong advocate for aviators James Stewart has rightfully earned his place in the National Aviation Hall of Fame. Lest We Forget.

#ww2uncovered #honorourveterans #WWIIveteran #worldwartwo #worldwar2 #WorldWarII #greatestgeneration #ww2 #pilot #ww2pilot #wwiihistory #WWII #WorldWarHeroes #jimmystewart #SaluteToService #lestweforget
WWII uncovered
©️
original description and photos sourced by: The National Aviation Hall of Fame, US Army Center of Military History and The Jimmy Stewart Museum.

Just proof that civilian pilots kick ass!

Reactions: UncleMark
The greatest pool/snooker player ever

Incredible run. But the first (and only) shot by his opponent was a head scratcher.

I've played snooker a few times way back when, and it is very challenging. Massive table with narrower pockets really messes with your shots.

They used to have a very large pool room in the student union at Purdue, with 4 or 5 snooker tables and even a couple of carom tables. Funniest thing I ever saw there was a guy who went and got an 8-ball rack, racked them on a carom table, broke, and stood there dumbfounded when he realized there were no pockets!

Some say that being able to play a decent game of golf is an important skill to have. Personally, I have always thought being able to run the table playing 8-ball is more important. ;)

Incredible run. But the first (and only) shot by his opponent was a head scratcher.
Opponent was cooked. Total choke playing defensive down 3-0.

They used to have a very large pool room in the student union at Purdue, with 4 or 5 snooker tables and even a couple of carom tables
Same at IU. Played there a ton until i was 21.

Personally, I have always thought being able to run the table playing 8-ball is more important
YES! Having traveled overseas quite a bit there's something cool about having knowledge of and the ability to play a game played in countries other than America. You could play pool with anyone in the world. Don't even have to speak the language. In Africa there were pool tables everywhere.

YES! Having traveled overseas quite a bit there's something cool about having knowledge of and the ability to play a game played in countries other than America. You could play pool with anyone in the world. Don't even have to speak the language. In Africa there were pool tables everywhere.
One of my favorite travel memories is playing pool with a Norwegian sailor and some Chinese guys who spoke no English in a dingy, basement pool hall in Hong Kong. By the last game, I could barely see the balls. Somehow I successfully declined the repeated offers of baijiu from an unmarked bottle by the Chinese guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
One of my favorite travel memories is playing pool with a Norwegian sailor and some Chinese guys who spoke no English in a dingy, basement pool hall in Hong Kong. By the last game, I could barely see the balls. Somehow I successfully declined the repeated offers of baijiu from an unmarked bottle by the Chinese guys.
Beerfest-Ping-Pong-Paddle.875cf69d.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Noodle

I've played snooker a few times way back when, and it is very challenging. Massive table with narrower pockets really messes with your shots.

They used to have a very large pool room in the student union at Purdue, with 4 or 5 snooker tables and even a couple of carom tables. Funniest thing I ever saw there was a guy who went and got an 8-ball rack, racked them on a carom table, broke, and stood there dumbfounded when he realized there were no pockets!

Some say that being able to play a decent game of golf is an important skill to have. Personally, I have always thought being able to run the table playing 8-ball is more important. ;)
I can't begin to count the number of nights I drank for free by holding the table. Against bad competition, for sure, but definitely a good skill to have in your pocket.

Reactions: larsIU
I can't begin to count the number of nights I drank for free by holding the table. Against bad competition, for sure, but definitely a good skill to have in your pocket.
I held fort at Charlie’s Blind Pig on Bancroft. There were some good players there too. I think it became Maxwells Coffee House later.

I held fort at Charlie’s Blind Pig on Bancroft. There were some good players there too. I think it became Maxwells Coffee House later.
I don't even remember what the dive we used to hang out at was called. It was a shitty bar with a really cool owner and really cool bartenders, and it had a jukebox, a TV, and a pool table, and that was pretty much it. They sold beer on tap by the liter.

General rule on the table was, you put your quarter down in line, so the challenger paid for the game, but the loser bought the round. I can't believe my liver survived that joint.

It's a bridal shop now. LOL.

Reactions: Noodle
I don't even remember what the dive we used to hang out at was called. It was a shitty bar with a really cool owner and really cool bartenders, and it had a jukebox, a TV, and a pool table, and that was pretty much it. They sold beer on tap by the liter.

General rule on the table was, you put your quarter down in line, so the challenger paid for the game, but the loser bought the round. I can't believe my liver survived that joint.

It's a bridal shop now. LOL.
If you’d have hung out in the back room of the Mousetrap near Broad Ripple in the late 90’s you’d have seen some amazing things. 5 pool tables. The requisite Golden Tee. And literally no visibility from the bar.

It was, as they say, a special time and place.

WWII uncovered
©️

Put him right there with Ted Williams in both WWII and Korea, think about what his lifetime stats would have been.