ADVERTISEMENT

Only good stuff

I've said it before, but our country is ****ed.

I only posted this because the dude asking the questions always says yes after the answers. 😄

• Wow
Reactions: outside shooter
That can't be real.
Oh, it can get unrealer

Some context for the attached:

James Conrad (aka Disc Golf Jesus) is down 1 stroke on the last hole of the disc golf world championships. Down 1 to Paul McBeth (basically the Tiger Woods of disc golf - dude got a $10 million contract a couple years back). McBeth is safe and likely to win as Conrad has put his drive behind a group of trees and basically has to, at least, birdie and hope McBeth doesn't. Rings it up for eagle from about 250 feet out (which is insane). McBeth ended up getting the birdie but Conrad won on the first playoff hole.

Ended up #1 for the week on Sportscenter.

Yes, I play disc golf. Flame away. Also, everyone should try it if you like being outside or hiking. Anybody can throw a frisbee.

Oh, it can get unrealer

Some context for the attached:

James Conrad (aka Disc Golf Jesus) is down 1 stroke on the last hole of the disc golf world championships. Down 1 to Paul McBeth (basically the Tiger Woods of disc golf - dude got a $10 million contract a couple years back). McBeth is safe and likely to win as Conrad has put his drive behind a group of trees and basically has to, at least, birdie and hope McBeth doesn't. Rings it up for eagle from about 250 feet out (which is insane). McBeth ended up getting the birdie but Conrad won on the first playoff hole.

Ended up #1 for the week on Sportscenter.

Yes, I play disc golf. Flame away. Also, everyone should try it if you like being outside or hiking. Anybody can throw a frisbee.

I'm giggling at the crowd behind him. I now imagine that you, too, have a ZZ Top beard.

That's a cool throw and all but I don't find it as impossible as those dudes jumping up and kicking on that table. That's insane to me (says guy who never played soccer or frisbie golf).

And no, I can't throw a frisbee (well). It goes two feet then straight in the ground and rolls on its side for 50 feet. I hate frisbees. My new sport is petanque, which highlights my amazing athleticism:

Reactions: larsIU
I'm giggling at the crowd behind him. I now imagine that you, too, have a ZZ Top beard.

That's a cool throw and all but I don't find it as impossible as those dudes jumping up and kicking on that table. That's insane to me (says guy who never played soccer or frisbie golf).

And no, I can't throw a frisbee (well). It goes two feet then straight in the ground and rolls on its side for 50 feet. I hate frisbees. My new sport is petanque, which highlights my amazing athleticism:

Haha. No ZZ top beard. I keep it nice and tight.

I've never heard of petanque. Great. Another Youtube rabbit hole.

Yes, I play disc golf. Flame away.
That was an awesome shot.

What do you throw?

I think I told you my favorite discs. I have a bag of 14, but 5 or so of them I cannot throw for crap. My besties:

driver: Innova Champion Sidewinder, 150g with no wind, 171g when windy
midrange: varies a lot. Partial to my Discraft Comet, my first disc. Getting beat up though.
putter: Innova DX Birdie Thumbtrack. It's a tank that only goes straight.

My arm is weak, I guess. That guy's chain music from 250 ft. is a good downwind drive for me.

Last edited:
That was an awesome shot.

What do you throw?

I think I told you my favorite discs. I have a bag of 14, but 5 or so of them I cannot throw for crap. My besties:

driver: Innova Champion Sidewinder, 150g with no wind, 171g when windy
midrange: varies a lot. Partial to my Discraft Comet, my first disc. Getting beat up though.
putter: Innova DX Birdie Thumbtrack. It's a tank that only goes straight.

My arm is weak, I guess. That guy's chain music from 250 ft. is a good downwind drive for me.
Drivers: Ballista Pro, Star Sidewinder, Star/Champ Roadrunners, Champ Firebird (utliity), Champ Eagle, Star Teebird, Westside Underworld (very understable), Westside Stag (awesome disc)

Mids: Star Roc3, Discraft Meteor (I'm probably getting a Comet someday too), Westside Warship, Buzz, DX Roc

Putters: KC/JK Pro Aviars. I'll also use Gateway Wizards

The Ballista Pro is funny. Should be overstable but isn't. I can get it out to about 350 or so on a good day.

Favorite rounds are just taking a couple mids out and throwing. I get about the same score anyway with far less frustration.

Drivers: Ballista Pro, Star Sidewinder, Star/Champ Roadrunners, Champ Firebird (utliity), Champ Eagle, Star Teebird, Westside Underworld (very understable), Westside Stag (awesome disc)

Mids: Star Roc3, Discraft Meteor (I'm probably getting a Comet someday too), Westside Warship, Buzz, DX Roc

Putters: KC/JK Pro Aviars. I'll also use Gateway Wizards

The Ballista Pro is funny. Should be overstable but isn't. I can get it out to about 350 or so on a good day.

Favorite rounds are just taking a couple mids out and throwing. I get about the same score anyway with far less frustration.
Don't make me start a disc thread.

People rave about Buzzz. I have to try a few of those. I keep buying distance drivers and, except for sidewinders, I can't get them anywhere near straight and can only use them for severe left doglegs, throwing backhand. My forehand is too weak and wobbly to rely on.

People rave about Buzzz. I have to try a few of those. I keep buying distance drivers and, except for sidewinders, I can't get them anywhere near straight and can only use them for severe left doglegs, throwing backhand. My forehand is too weak and wobbly to rely on.
I've just about given up on anything over a speed 10. I don't have the arm speed (yet, maybe ever). Try the Westside Underworld if you want something to go straight. It's a fairway driver (7 speed) but flips up to flat on just about any arm speed and barely fades out. You can flip it over too and make it go right. Buzzes for me are a bit stable depending on the plastic. I've owned 3. My favorite mid range right now is the Discraft Meteor. Straight as an arrow for my arm.

I might argue that 2 full minutes with no action at all (and probably another 2-3 minutes left to go, before the new pitcher pitches) is one of the reasons that baseball doesn't hold the attention of fans like it used to

I might argue that 2 full minutes with no action at all (and probably another 2-3 minutes left to go, before the new pitcher pitches) is one of the reasons that baseball doesn't hold the attention of fans like it used to

With takes like that, I'm starting to see why people don't like you 🤣

Reactions: UncleMark
With takes like that, I'm starting to see why people don't like you 🤣
I still like baseball, even being a long-suffering Reds fan. Not as much as I care about #1 basketball or #2 football, but a close 3rd. But I don't know anyone under age 40 who cares much about baseball.

I've always heard that the two best days of boat ownership are the day you buy it, and the day you...

throw it in the dumpster.

dmqoqamoe4l91.jpg