ADVERTISEMENT

One week and counting

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
A week from now we will be packing for our tailgate,can’t wait.
My brother which was a big IU fan was supposed to go to the Cincinnati game with me last year.
He was in the middle of radiation treatments for lung cancer and couldn’t go due to the extreme heat that day.
We were going to go to this game instead.
My brother passed away from cancer on May 30.
He didn’t drink much beer but always had a coke in his hand.
So I am packing my cooler with plenty of beer and one coke.
My first drink of the day will be that coke in memory of my brother.
My wish is that we have a successful season and for good health for all on this board.
We have differences in opinions but we all want IU to succeed,let’s do this.
Cheers

My brother which was a big IU fan was supposed to go to the Cincinnati game with me last year.
He was in the middle of radiation treatments for lung cancer and couldn’t go due to the extreme heat that day.
My wish is that we have a successful season and for good health for all on this board.
Cheers
Hits home. It’s hard losing a loved one. It’s hard watching cancer eat people and spirits away. Fack cancer. Go Hoosiers! Beat Illini a$$! Wife has recurrent brain cancer. Waiting on FMRI results and surgery date. Then what treatment options we have. So if anyone who prays we could use some. Love and respect to all of you. That’s her in my avatar.

So sorry for your loss CC Mac.

Prayers for your wife Victorbmyboy. 🙏🙏

I too have gone through cancer treatments in the last year and a half, was unable to attend any games last year, so looking forward to going next Friday. Will keep both of you in my thoughts next Friday.

Cheers
Sorry to hear you lost your brother. We didn't have close relationship because he didn't want to be in our activities. Turns out, he was gay and worried we wouldn't accept him when we would have accepted him and did because we knew he was for a long time when he was young.

It is good you are honoring your brother; I drink Coke too. I hope your and my wish for IU football is true, we will have to wait and see.

Hits home. It’s hard losing a loved one. It’s hard watching cancer eat people and spirits away. Fack cancer. Go Hoosiers! Beat Illini a$$! Wife has recurrent brain cancer. Waiting on FMRI results and surgery date. Then what treatment options we have. So if anyone who prays we could use some. Love and respect to all of you. That’s her in my avatar.
Sure hate to hear that about your wife,you have my prayers for sure.I wasn’t trying to be a downer with my original post.Just really missing my brother lately.Best to you and your wife,life can sure be hard sometimes.

I too have gone through cancer treatments in the last year and a half, was unable to attend any games last year, so looking forward to going next Friday. Will keep both of you in my thoughts next Friday.
I pray and hope you are now cancer free.

Thanks,hope you are doing well now.Hope you can beat it,I hate cancer so much.

Hope this works out for you and your wife.

Sure hate to hear that about your wife,you have my prayers for sure.I wasn’t trying to be a downer with my original post.Just really missing my brother lately.Best to you and your wife,life can sure be hard sometimes.
I just hate cancer. It sucks. My dad passed of lung cancer and it’s awful. I’ll drink a coke in his honor during the game.

Praying for both of you..., Victorbmyboy (somehow I messed up the Reply connection 😖)

Here's an old article that I'd imagine her doctors are already aware of (there have been more current specific scientific cases studies done on this that are available on line), but it's the only thing I can think of that might help (medically) in some small way... Supposedly, the pharmaceutical mentioned allows the Chemo to more efficiently cross the blood/brain barrier and allow a more targeted delivery of the Chemo..., ( at least that's what I thought I read)... I know it's been used off label to treat Altitude Sickness so it may be useful...:

Might be worth just a quick discussion with her doctors prior to moving to the surgical solution... They'll have access to the studies...

//Would have DM'd you but I don't seem to have enabled that function and don't know how to do so... (couldn't even get the Reply connection right so...).//

**If this seems beyond being helpful, I apologize. It is Not intended as any type of horrifically bad joke...**

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Praying for both of you..., Victorbmyboy (somehow I messed up the Reply connection 😖)

Here's an old article that I'd imagine her doctors are already aware of (there have been more current specific scientific cases studies done on this that are available on line), but it's the only thing I can think of that might help (medically) in some small way... Supposedly, the pharmaceutical mentioned allows the Chemo to more efficiently cross the blood/brain barrier and allow a more targeted delivery of the Chemo..., ( at least that's what I thought I read)... I know it's been used off label to treat Altitude Sickness so it may be useful...:

Might be worth just a quick discussion with her doctors prior to moving to the surgical solution... They'll have access to the studies...

//Would have DM'd you but I don't seem to have enabled that function and don't know how to do so... (couldn't even get the Reply connection right so...).//

**If this seems beyond being helpful, I apologize. It is Not intended as any type of horrifically bad joke...**
Yes. Lots of advances in the brain cancer world. One of the reasons for surgery is to figure out what it is. Plus it’s putting off a cyst. They want to clean it up then do targeted therapy. What that is we aren’t sure. Probably PCV chemo and radiation I’m sure.

Yes. Lots of advances in the brain cancer world. One of the reasons for surgery is to figure out what it is. Plus it’s putting off a cyst. They want to clean it up then do targeted therapy. What that is we aren’t sure. Probably PCV chemo and radiation I’m sure.
That made me wonder if a hyperbaric chamber might have any use in such cases which brought me to this study that sounds promising (which probably has nothing to do with the type of chamber I'm imagining):

Does sound interesting...

//I trust that you and your doctors are much more aware of the treatments available to her specific condition so I'll refrain from anymore guesstimates...//

Prayers for you both.

Prayers sent.

Cheers

That sucks CC. It is SO hard losing a loved one. Just lost a sister-in-law to leukemia.
Cancer and getting old BOTH suck. Whoever came up with "golden years" had to be 35 tops.
I won't make it to the game and regular Coke won't work for me (diabetes) but how about I pop a caffeine free diet coke to your brothers memory?? 😁

That sucks CC. It is SO hard losing a loved one. Just lost a sister-in-law to leukemia.
Cancer and getting old BOTH suck. Whoever came up with "golden years" had to be 35 tops.
I won't make it to the game and regular Coke won't work for me (diabetes) but how about I pop a caffeine free diet coke to your brothers memory?? 😁
Thanks and sorry for your loss as well,lost my mom in May and my brother in law last August.
Really tired of losing people.
Life is hard sometimes,just take it one day at a time.
Let’s play some football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT