ADVERTISEMENT

One thing is for sure.

If Durham and Green don't improve significantly between now and next season that team will likely struggle a lot, as well. Only 1 guard coming in as of right now so not much depth at the position so some of the walk-ons may have to play. Hopefully, Romeo will want to be a Hoosier and Archie can land a competent graduate transfer but I guess we'll see.

If Durham and Green don't improve significantly between now and next season that team will likely struggle a lot, as well. Only 1 guard coming in as of right now so not much depth at the position so some of the walk-ons may have to play. Hopefully, Romeo will want to be a Hoosier and Archie can land a competent graduate transfer but I guess we'll see.

Yes....assuming we don't get Romeo we better get a tough-minded 12 pt/game mid-major 5th year transfer,,,,somebody who can shoot and wants to compete......one thing I noticed way back at the HH scrimmage was that we just didn't have many (any?) guys who are high-energy bad asses. Who fits that description on this team?

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I can't help but wonder what the highly rated recruits who witnessed last night's debacle were saying on the drive home with their parents last night. "What do you think, Dad? Should we look elsewhere now?" Yikes!

And the sad part is they are the majority these days.
And the even sadder part is they are the leaders of tomorrow. All things eventually run their course, including nations. It is happening before our eyes and those who think otherwise are like others, not wise.

And the even sadder part is they are the leaders of tomorrow. All things eventually run their course, including nations. It is happening before our eyes and those who think otherwise are like others, not wise.

Would embrace that over the Leader of today, and there is no "course", only choices. The whole destiny thing is a fairy tale.

IU/Central better get some guards because the Jr. High girls on this roster currently wearing the "Indiana" uniform aren't getting it done. (no offense to any Jr. High Girl's program which all have better guards).

Would embrace that over the Leader of today, and there is no "course", only choices. The whole destiny thing is a fairy tale.
Remember, the leaders of tomorrow grew up with "Yes, Little Johnny, we all know that 2 + 2 equals 4, but how does that make you FEEL. Today they are being told from the friendly confines of their college "safe place", "Yes, Johnny, Barack Obama is no longer our nation's leader, but how does this new idiot make you FEEL?". Tomorrow? I pray for the leaders of tomorrow, for they know not what to think, but only what to feel.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Remember, the leaders of tomorrow grew up with "Yes, Little Johnny, we all know that 2 + 2 equals 4, but how does that make you FEEL. Today they are being told from the friendly confines of their college "safe place", "Yes, Johnny, Barack Obama is no longer our nation's leader, but how does this new idiot make you FEEL?". Tomorrow? I pray for the leaders of tomorrow, for they know not what to think, but only what to feel.

For run-of-the-mill hysteria I'd rate yours better than average. Guessing you don't see the irony in disparaging others for their "feelings" while viewing "prayer" as something different.

Best of luck.

I love the total overreaction to a let down 2 days after playing their best game of the season so far.... Then one of the overreactors mentions "snowflakes", (hypocrite much?)...which it's amazing how much that term has been warped since it was coined in Fight Club... Some people need to just take a break from posting. It is a transition season, we have no reliable shooters, and it was never going to be a Final Four level season. Get over it, and especially with your attitude, don't pull the "snowflake" bs....

Reactions: Terps1ACC2
For run-of-the-mill hysteria I'd rate yours better than average. Guessing you don't see the irony in disparaging others for their "feelings" while viewing "prayer" as something different.

Best of luck.
May I suggest you seek solace in you special, designated place of safety where never is heard a disparaging word and they all look like ticky-tacky ‘cause they all think just the same!

May I suggest you seek solace in you special, designated place of safety where never is heard a disparaging word and they all look like ticky-tacky ‘cause they all think just the same!

This is the problem with self-medication. "Place of safety"? Sounds more like the refuge of someone given to prayer - not really a thinking man's game and more characteristic of a congregation. You know, one of those places where, "they all just think the same". But if Rush and Billy G. do it for you, rock on.

Reactions: doubleyous
This is the problem with self-medication. "Place of safety"? Sounds more like the refuge of someone given to prayer - not really a thinking man's game and more characteristic of a congregation. You know, one of those places where, "they all just think the same". But if Rush and Billy G. do it for you, rock on.
He's obviously an idiot ..

just point and laugh.

Reactions: hoohoome
Get off my lawn! I remember the good old days where you could get a lobster dinner for a quarter......

Reactions: hoohoome
Get off my lawn! I remember the good old days where you could get a lobster dinner for a quarter......
I bought a new pair of Clark's crepe-souled desert boots for $20 in about 1965. I purchased another pair a couple years ago for $120. "Hey you! Get off of my lawn!" sung to the tune of "Get off of my cloud" by the Rolling Stones. Men get cranky in old age and they smell.

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
I bought a new pair of Clark's crepe-souled desert boots for $20 in about 1965. I purchased another pair a couple years ago for $120. "Hey you! Get off of my lawn!" sung to the tune of "Get off of my cloud" by the Rolling Stones. Men get cranky in old age and they smell.
Cute. Your father must be proud.

I wonder how our country is so divided then I see nonsense like this thread. The lunatic fringe on the left and the right is as strong and loud as it's ever been, and it's full of uneducated sheep. Abraxis you may just want to stop posting for a while to allow us time to laugh at you... Oh what the hell, keep going. This is more entertaining than IU basketball.

Cute. Your father must be proud.
Funny, I thought that exact same thing when I heard his last, dying words, “Abraxis, you’ve done swell. Your mother and I must have taught you well. Now, it’s your turn to carry on the good fight as the apple pie of my eye you always were.”

This all started when the "Spend TIMEOUT in the corner" philosophy started being promoted way back in the day!!! When I was a kid.... when you did something majorly wrong against the known family rules or basic moral rules... a good slap across the butt
with a hand, paddle and sometimes even the belt is what you got.

It's something that got your attention and you thought twice about doing it again.

Sometimes I wonder if we should require high school graduates to attend military boot camps for several months, before moving forward in their lives of College or future employment. But who knows.... maybe our politically correct past administrations have let that slide as well and told the drill sergeants.... You can't do that anymore. Sad if that's the case

Fyi there is a forum on this site called The Water Cooler. You can argue about politics all day everyday and twice on Sundays. Plenty of action over there.

In conclusion, the guards suck, there is little bench depth, and Davis is a slug that doesn't rebound. The end.

Fyi there is a forum on this site called The Water Cooler. You can argue about politics all day everyday and twice on Sundays. Plenty of action over there.

In conclusion, the guards suck, there is little bench depth, and Davis is a slug. The end.

Point taken and acknowledged...back to IU BB :)

This all started when the "Spend TIMEOUT in the corner" philosophy started being promoted way back in the day!!! When I was a kid.... when you did something majorly wrong against the known family rules or basic moral rules... a good slap across the butt
with a hand, paddle and sometimes even the belt is what you got.

It's something that got your attention and you thought twice about doing it again.

Sometimes I wonder if we should require high school graduates to attend military boot camps for several months, before moving forward in their lives of College or future employment. But who knows.... maybe our politically correct past administrations have let that slide as well and told the drill sergeants.... You can't do that anymore. Sad if that's the case
Personally, I got my dad's belt, the end of it at high velocity across my leg. After that, whenever I mouthed off all he had to do was touch his belt buckle and I would straighten up. Now, to get back to basketball as suggested, my folks instilled in me a love for IU basketball and football and a deeply seeded hatred for Purdue. Notre Dame wasn't far behind-"those Catholics". I'll never forget watching those games on channel 4 TV while rooting for IU with my folks...or that damn belt trick my dad pulled on me.

Personally, I got my dad's belt, the end of it at high velocity across my leg. After that, whenever I mouthed off all he had to do was touch his belt buckle and I would straighten up. Now, to get back to basketball as suggested, my folks instilled in me a love for IU basketball and football and a deeply seeded hatred for Purdue. Notre Dame wasn't far behind-"those Catholics". I'll never forget watching those games on channel 4 TV while rooting for IU with my folks...or that damn belt trick my dad pulled on me.

Anybody else get paddled in school? I got a whack one time from our Asst Principal with a regular paddle and they had it witnessed by another staff member. The whack and the sound were bad enough, along with everyone else in the area knowing you just got whacked, but damn, when I stood up, my ass caught fire. I wouldn't allow myself to cry but the tears came nonetheless. I think that was probably 7th grade. I don't see the end of that as a bad thing, but think a parent opting to spank a child on their own is their own business and perfectly fine.

haha. you think your momma hitting you made you tough but, judging by this board, it just made you whiny...

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT