ADVERTISEMENT

One thing I saw from Coach Woodson that I liked, post-Purdue...

Escalibore

Recruit
Aug 31, 2001
Most college and pro coaches keep their emotions in check during games, or at least, they try to do so. I have always appreciated college coaches who show some emotion, as I think college sports are more emotionally charged, in a way, than professional sports, and I think if channeled properly, coaches who show passion can have a great effect on a team, and it transfers to recruiting. Kids love hype, as long as it's backed up by performance.

Some people lament the fact that the students stormed the court after the Purdue win. While I don't have a strong opinion on that, I loved when Coach Woodson shot both fists into the air and screamed, "Yes!"

That kind of spark can be contagious. I love how when TJD went down, other players were forced to deliver and they did. I love how Coach Woodson handled the "next man in" philosophy and rode the hot hands.

The Purdue game could be a turning point for this team, in terms of leadership, trust, and confidence. That may make all the difference.

Most college and pro coaches keep their emotions in check during games, or at least, they try to do so. I have always appreciated college coaches who show some emotion, as I think college sports are more emotionally charged, in a way, than professional sports, and I think if channeled properly, coaches who show passion can have a great effect on a team, and it transfers to recruiting. Kids love hype, as long as it's backed up by performance.

Some people lament the fact that the students stormed the court after the Purdue win. While I don't have a strong opinion on that, I loved when Coach Woodson shot both fists into the air and screamed, "Yes!"

That kind of spark can be contagious. I love how when TJD went down, other players were forced to deliver and they did. I love how Coach Woodson handled the "next man in" philosophy and rode the hot hands.

The Purdue game could be a turning point for this team, in terms of leadership, trust, and confidence. That may make all the difference.

Would you feel same way if RP missed the 3 and PU goes on to win?

I would be disappointed for sure but really impressed that we could stay right with them basically without our best player the entire game. I’d think the program would have a very bright future indeed if our boys had it in them to play that hard and with such great focus.

He’s said that throughout the years he’s always come back to Bloomington and IU has always been his school and a special place. He’s a fan just like us and this might be the biggest reason why it was necessary to hire an IU guy. Doesn’t hurt that he appears to know what he’s doing, too.

He’s said that throughout the years he’s always come back to Bloomington and IU has always been his school and a special place. He’s a fan just like us and this might be the biggest reason why it was necessary to hire an IU guy. Doesn’t hurt that he appears to know what he’s doing, too.
Obviously a great win, I'm still optimistic but cautious on Woodson. I wish someone would have asked the question as to why he went back to the starters to start the second half, those guys just weren't getting it done. Todays game will be interesting to see how the team responds.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Obviously a great win, I'm still optimistic but cautious on Woodson. I wish someone would have asked the question as to why he went back to the starters to start the second half, those guys just weren't getting it done. Todays game will be interesting to see how the team responds.
Not hard to understand... He has an established group and you have to win your spot.

Yes, of course. IU is undermanned, due to Archie Miller's recruiting and this is the first year where the kids ae getting properly coached. Purdue is a very good team, and a favorite to go far in the tournament. IU battled and overcame the loss of their star player. Role players stepped up, and our game plan was sound. I'm not one to get excited about moral victories, but even had we lost, I'd feel good about what I witnessed. We have a long way to go. Let's see what happens. I'm optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT