ADVERTISEMENT

One of the good guys - Sope - needs some positive thoughts/vibes/blessings directed his way.

I did? I don't remember that -- but it does sound like something I'd say. :)

Every so often I check in to what's being discussed here. And it just so happened that this time I read about Sope's situation. I felt compelled to chime in for him, for whatever that's worth. He's a good dude and I hated hearing of his struggle.

But, for me, the WC just got filled with too much rancor -- which has sadly become commonplace almost everywhere in political discourse. Everybody's got opinions, of course. But so many have lost the art of being able to have them, express them, defend them, engage competing ones, etc. without just losing themselves in ad hominems and worse. And, for me, that will always be a helluva drag and something I just don't care to get involved with.

** I should add: this certainly wasn't (and probably still isn't) the case for everybody here. There absolutely were posters who seemed capable of having a contentious discussion without letting their emotions get the better of them. But there were too many of the other kind that it stopped being enjoyable for me.
I used to issue a blanket apology on New Years. I’ll move it up to today if it can bring you back. When the reasonable are silenced, the dickheads win.

Steve may be rejoining us soon. Really appreciates all of the support, given it’s from freakos, weirdos and bebops (and one hopelessly lost and eternally confused Boiler). May come in with a PSA type of announcement. Said he would be okay if I did it but I said he should share the details. I don’t want him to sue my ass if I get a word wrong . . .
Well, with that kind of a build up, I'd hate to disappoint.

Thank you, Univee for the posts. And thank you all for your concerns, especially you @Ladoga and you @snarlcakes. I know we haven't seen eye-to-eye on occasion.

The fact is that I tripped and fell over a root while out hiking in the park not far from our house. This was on October 6, 2022. I hit my head on a rock after falling 4' into a creekbed. Knocked me cold. I woke up in the creek. (I have pics if anybody wants them.) I went in to see a doc recently for balance issues that resulted. She ordered an MRI, curious whether I suffered a brain bleed.

I was diagnosed with NPH, or normal pressure hydrocephalus (water on the brain). Well, Monday was a spinal tap to find out whether I'd get relief from my balance issues. (The neuosurgeon was skpetical.) Hence reaching out to univee and others.

I have continuing balance issues that may be permanent because of time. And my interpersonal communication skills have diminished greatly. But I'm still all here. I think.

This post has taken me 45 minutes to type, so with or without your permission I'm going to sign off. I've got other things to do.

Last edited:
I did? I don't remember that -- but it does sound like something I'd say. :)

Every so often I check in to what's being discussed here. And it just so happened that this time I read about Sope's situation. I felt compelled to chime in for him, for whatever that's worth. He's a good dude and I hated hearing of his struggle.

But, for me, the WC just got filled with too much rancor -- which has sadly become commonplace almost everywhere in political discourse. Everybody's got opinions, of course. But so many have lost the art of being able to have them, express them, defend them, engage competing ones, etc. without just losing themselves in ad hominems and worse. And, for me, that will always be a helluva drag and something I just don't care to get involved with.

** I should add: this certainly wasn't (and probably still isn't) the case for everybody here. There absolutely were posters who seemed capable of having a contentious discussion without letting their emotions get the better of them. But there were too many of the other kind that it stopped being enjoyable for me.
I hate that you're gone, crazed. But I understand.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

Thank you, Univee for the posts. And thank you all for your concerns, especially you @Ladoga and you @snarlcakes. I know we haven't seen eye-to-eye on occasion.

The fact is that I tripped and fell over a root while out hiking in the park not far from our house. This was on October 6, 2022. I hit my head on a rock after falling 4' into a creekbed. Knocked me cold. I woke up in the creek. (I have pics if anybody wants them.) I went in to see a doc recently for balance issues that resulted. She ordered an MRI, curious whether I suffered a brain bleed.

I was diagnosed with NPH, or normal pressure hydrocephalus (water on the brain).. Well, Monday was a spinal tap to find out whether I'd get relief from my balance issues. (The neuosurgeon was skpetical.) Hence reaching out to univee and others.

I have continuing balance issues that may be permanent because of time. And my interpersonal communication skills have diminished greatly. But I'm still all here. I think.

This post has taken me 45 minutes to type, so with or without your permission I'm going to sign off. I've got other things to do.
Wow, Sope. So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for your health and recovery.

I was diagnosed with NPH, or normal pressure hydrocephalus (water on the brain).. Well, Monday was a spinal tap to find out whether I'd get relief from my balance issues. (The neuosurgeon was skpetical.) Hence reaching out to univee and others.

Even if it's not a regular thing, I hope you come around at least once in a while. Best to you.

Oh my God!!!! Continued prayers sope. You’re a tough dude and will continue to improve!

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

I was diagnosed with NPH, or normal pressure hydrocephalus (water on the brain). Well, Monday was a spinal tap to find out whether I'd get relief from my balance issues. (The neuosurgeon was skpetical.) Hence reaching out to univee and others.

Sorry to hear that Sope, best wishes for you.

So sorry to hear this news. I can’t imagine . . . .

Please know that my stoker and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers and wish you, and Mrs. Sope the best.

Take care of yourself, SC.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you continue to get better. Hang in there.

Last edited:

Hang in there, @Sope Creek . Hopefully, each day will be better than the last.

I have to believe your symptoms could be ameliorated with therapy. Perhaps look for someone who works with stroke patients.

Reactions: larsIU

Prayers for improved health, happiness and peace.

Some of you fellas are behind on your Methodisms.

There has been a schism

The United Methodists now are pro-woman preachers, pro-Gay marriage performers, pro-drink

The new Global Methodists aren't

Some of other Sackville Baggins denominations are still choosing

Reactions: hoot1 and DANC
I have to believe your symptoms could be ameliorated with therapy. Perhaps look for someone who works with stroke patients.
About 12 years ago or so, I was walking on some ice and fell backward and hit my head. I got up, woozy, and staggered to my car and called my friend and told him I wouldn't be meeting him. He said 'What are you talking about - you just left here". I was messed up, in addition to being somewhat inebriated, since I was coming out of a bar.

I made it home and laid down to go do bed and felt the back of my head and there was a clear crack in my skull. Well, of course, I figured I'd just get over it. And I did, eventually. I really didn't want to tell my wife because she didn't know I was in this bar, so I didn't tell her. But for weeks, I had headaches and was woozy. I almost decided to go have it looked at, but I started getting better.

I still get a headache when I relive that.

You know how, in the movies, they just knock people out and the people just come to and are fine? That's not really realistic. If you hit your head hard enough to get knocked out, you have a major problem.

About 12 years ago or so, I was walking on some ice and fell backward and hit my head. I got up, woozy, and staggered to my car and called my friend and told him I wouldn't be meeting him. He said 'What are you talking about - you just left here". I was messed up, in addition to being somewhat inebriated, since I was coming out of a bar.

I made it home and laid down to go do bed and felt the back of my head and there was a clear crack in my skull. Well, of course, I figured I'd just get over it. And I did, eventually. I really didn't want to tell my wife because she didn't know I was in this bar, so I didn't tell her. But for weeks, I had headaches and was woozy. I almost decided to go have it looked at, but I started getting better.

I still get a headache when I relive that.

You know how, in the movies, they just knock people out and the people just come to and are fine? That's not really realistic. If you hit your head hard enough to get knocked out, you have a major problem.

DANC gets up outside the bar, determined to make it to his vehicle and not to let his wife know he stopped off for a beer with his buddy.

boxing match GIF by Circa Survive

Well, if you knew the establishment (which I'm sure you do), you wouldn't tell your wife, either ;)
I'm picking up what you're putting down. When we used to go to that place in Kokomo, we called it the "Hush Hush Tour" for a good reason.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I'm picking up what you're putting down. When we used to go to that place in Kokomo, we called it the "Hush Hush Tour" for a good reason.
The Kokomo Ballet! Conference Room HH (my personal favorite)

Always used to laugh at the logo on the wall that said "World famous....Hip Hugger".

Well, I'm working in Paris and go by this guy's office. He had a sign on his wall that had that logo on it. Of course, I had to stop in and chat with him. He'd been to Kokomo for work and, of course, visited.

It truly is World Famous! lol

The Kokomo Ballet! Conference Room HH (my personal favorite)

Always used to laugh at the logo on the wall that said "World famous....Hip Hugger".

Well, I'm working in Paris and go by this guy's office. He had a sign on his wall that had that logo on it. Of course, I had to stop in and chat with him. He'd been to Kokomo for work and, of course, visited.

It truly is World Famous! lol
When Chrysler and Delco were both going great guns, I bet those girls made more bank per capita than 99% of their peers in the country.

When Chrysler and Delco were both going great guns, I bet those girls made more bank per capita than 99% of their peers in the country.
I used to deliver there (personally, of course) from my deli. I got to know some of the bartenders and girls. Some of them told of girls making $5k on some nights. Not every night, of course, but like around the month of May, there was always a group coming up from the track to party. Girls came from all over the Midwest to work there and the quality was superb.

It's a very unique place - no DJ or MC. No sharing of tips. It's a pure capitalist system. And virtually tax free.

Unfortunately, many of those girls are now dirt poor because they pissed away all their money. Very sad. But some bought houses and invested money, 'retired' from there, and are living normal lives.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT