ADVERTISEMENT

One and Done Recuriting

Cal is not a great coach. He doesn't take four star recruits and turn them into pros. He's a con artist that grabs one and dones and still can't win it all consistently. That is why recruiting one and dones is bad.
I agree he sucks with four star players

Signed
Willy cauley Stein
Devin booker
Tyler ulis
Eric bledsoe(most had him as a 4 star)
Josh Harrelson was a 2 star player cal got drafted
Darius Miller another 4 cal got drafted
He didn’t recruit the last 2 but he did coach them up to the nba

It is a moot point anyway scott as we would never be able to land 3-5 five stars a year. Indiana is not viewed as an elite program anymore nor should it be.
You really need to pull that wedgie out your arse and improve your overall mood.

I agree he sucks with four star players

Signed
Willy cauley Stein
Devin booker
Tyler ulis
Eric bledsoe(most had him as a 4 star)
Josh Harrelson was a 2 star player cal got drafted
Darius Miller another 4 cal got drafted
He didn’t recruit the last 2 but he did coach them up to the nba
Tyler Herro

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Neither of our two best players have missed a minute due to injury. This injury excuse is incredibly oversold.

There you go lying again. Morgan missed part of the second half of a pre-conference game with a shin contusion of some sort. He couldn't walk.

Romeo took a headbutt to the eye and missed some minutes getting stitched up.

They aren't significant minutes, but they both missed minutes. And also, we aren't playing 2 on 2. It's hilarious that you think Deron Davis doesn't matter. That Rob Phinessee didn't matter. That Jerome Hunter doesn't matter. You just can't help yourself. I wish you'd just tell us what your real beef with Glass is. Sadly, we'll never know.

The problem is we could try it but we are not going to get enough five stars to make it work like they do. We could maybe get one or two a year but they get four a year.
I'll take 5 star OAD players if we have good experience behind them and the balance of our recruits capable of playing at least by year 2 if not sooner. I'll take a player or two like Romeo every year. Those players come in and contribute right away. Our problem is we only have one upperclassman now that can share the load consistently with that elite recruit.

We've seen that 3 and 4 star recruits don't always improve just because they are they are more experienced. Green, Smith, and to some degree Davis have not performed to last years level or improved this year. They might have all hit their ceiling and it is time to find the players that can take us to the next level. TJD and Brooks (hopefully) are those next players. We need 5 star talent asap.

I never said every player is top 25. I said collectively there are less than 25 other schools with our talent.

And probably less than 6-10 schools with a better top 2 than Romeo/Morgan.

Hunter might have helped a little. We don’t know. I doubt he’d be as good as Smith. And Thompson would’ve helped as much as Forrester has.

Well maybe if your five star darling was playing well then you'd have something, but the kid can't hit a thing from more than ten feet away and he plays defense like he knows he only has 60 days left to go.

Yup this is the kind of defensive effort we need to be champions again!

Smith (the other low energy guy) also shines in his help d. He sure looks like he wants to take a charge there (he might of had 3 or 4 fouls then tho).

Of course Romeo hustles over to cover the shooter. Oh wait, nah he just stands and watches.

Well maybe if your five star darling was playing well then you'd have something, but the kid can't hit a thing from more than ten feet away and he plays defense like he knows he only has 60 days left to go.

Smith (the other low energy guy) also shines in his help d. He sure looks like he wants to take a charge there (he might of had 3 or 4 fouls then tho).

Of course Romeo hustles over to cover the shooter. Oh wait, nah he just stands and watches.

You are out of your mind if think Romeo is the problem with this team.

Reactions: fpeaugh

So we’d be better off without Romeo?

There you go lying again. Morgan missed part of the second half of a pre-conference game with a shin contusion of some sort. He couldn't walk.

Romeo took a headbutt to the eye and missed some minutes getting stitched up.

They aren't significant minutes, but they both missed minutes. And also, we aren't playing 2 on 2. It's hilarious that you think Deron Davis doesn't matter. That Rob Phinessee didn't matter. That Jerome Hunter doesn't matter. You just can't help yourself. I wish you'd just tell us what your real beef with Glass is. Sadly, we'll never know.
Part of a half? Got poked in the eye and had to come out for a few minutes to rest? This is your excuse for our season?

Rob was out a couple games and has been back for this losing streak.

Davis has played almost the entire year. He’s the same athlete he’s always been.

We don’t know what Hunter brings.

The excuses are getting old.

I never said every player is top 25. I said collectively there are less than 25 other schools with our talent.

And probably less than 6-10 schools with a better top 2 than Romeo/Morgan.

Hunter might have helped a little. We don’t know. I doubt he’d be as good as Smith. And Thompson would’ve helped as much as Forrester has.

I think Hunter would have helped a lot. He would have taken minutes away from McRoberts. McRoberts is awful.

Yep.

Who else - because you DID say multiple.
What he forgets to mentioned is that Villanova has not had a top 10 rated recruit since wright has been there. I have see Brunson rated between 16 and 20 and the only other top 20 player he has gotten was Spellman. Also they have never had a one and done player and the highest overall class until this year was 24.

What he forgets to mentioned is that Villanova has not had a top 10 rated recruit since wright has been there. I have see Brunson rated between 16 and 20 and the only other top 20 player he has gotten was Spellman. Also they have never had a one and done player and the highest overall class until this year was 24.
What you fail to realize is there are 30 other programs who recruit like that and there’s only a couple who have ever been successful. You’re just not very good at percentages.

Because the percentages show there’s a STRONG correlation between talent and results.

What you fail to realize is there are 30 other programs who recruit like that and there’s only a couple who have ever been successful. You’re just not very good at percentages.

Because the percentages show there’s a STRONG correlation between talent and results.
I will take how UM, UVA, UW and Villanova just to name a few who has been very successful recruiting that way. I doubt you have looked at the top 25 to see how many teams on that list that actually don't have any top 25 players on their team.

Also who said you don't need talent but you don't have to have one and done talent.

I will take how UM, UVA, UW and Villanova just to name a few who has been very successful recruiting that way. I doubt you have looked at the top 25 to see how many teams on that list that actually don't have any top 25 players on their team.
Again, the percentages elude you. How many teams can be stacked with 5 stars? There will always be more teams at the top that don’t have 5 stars because 5 stars make up about 2-5% of all recruits.

It’s like giving up the favorite and taking the field. The field is still the favorite, but the field has percentages in its advantage. This is beyond elementary.

Again, the percentages elude you. How many teams can be stacked with 5 stars? There will always be more teams at the top that don’t have 5 stars because 5 stars make up about 2-5% of all recruits.

It’s like giving up the favorite and taking the field. The field is still the favorite, but the field has percentages in its advantage. This is beyond elementary.
I couldn't care less about the percentages but I care about how we build our program and I want us to build it like those programs I mentioned. I know you disagree and can't see why anyone would but a lot of IU fans care about more than just winning at any cost.

I couldn't care less about the percentages but I care about how we build our program and I want us to build it like those programs I mentioned. I know you disagree and can't see why anyone would but a lot of IU fans care about more than just winning at any cost.
That’s fine. I just think it’s laughable for some fans to sit up on their moral high horse and honestly believe there’s something superior in a kid finishing 2-4 years of a BS degree for a sheet of paper rather than earning millions of dollars with their profession. It’s absolutely laughable.

And the same people who ridicule these athletes celebrate people like Gates, Zuckerburg, etc. It’s the same exact thing.

That’s fine. I just think it’s laughable for some fans to sit up on their moral high horse and honestly believe there’s something superior in a kid finishing 2-4 years of a BS degree for a sheet of paper rather than earning millions of dollars with their profession. It’s absolutely laughable.

And the same people who ridicule these athletes celebrate people like Gates, Zuckerburg, etc. It’s the same exact thing.
We will never see eye to eye on this kind of thing so I am done arguing with you because we have two different views on what college sports should be about. You are win at any cost no matter what it takes and I am for seeing players come in and develop over 3 to 4 years as well as the team developing through those years. It was not like RMK had a top 5 team every year but it was every 4 to 5 years where he had a championship caliber team. The years in between he had good and solid teams who got better over a 3 to 4 year period.

So we’d be better off without Romeo?

Actually the last four games...yeah we have been.

Kid is something like 3 for 21 beyond the arc.

Yup we need more 18 year old, one year mercenaries. Dey gotz mad skillz!!!

Yeah they aren't going to play defense, or hustle unless they are naturally wired that way (like Zion or Zeller) but da gooroos say they have mad skillz.

Last edited:
You are out of your mind if think Romeo is the problem with this team.

For this year and lately, he's a huge problem for this team's record, as is Smith.

He has by far the largest usage rate on the team and he's been awful during this stretch.

Maybe I need to read another article of our players being asked what it's like to play with a talent like Romeo.

Archie doesn't seem to hold him accountable and that Fester's into the team.

Why should anyone bust their ass if Romeo and Smith are going to coast with no retribution?

It's Bracey Wright part 2.

Actually the last four games...yeah we have been.

Kid is something like 3 for 21 beyond the arc.

Yup we need more 18 year old, one year mercenaries. Dey gotz mad skillz!!!

Yeah they aren't going to play defense, or hustle unless they are naturally wired that way (like Zion or Zeller) but da gooroos say they have mad skillz.
And you know more than Coach K, John Calipari, Bill Self, etc.

Riiiiggghhhhttt

Your ego actually allows you to believe this nonsense.

For this year and lately, he's a huge problem for this team's record, as is Smith.

He has by far the largest usage rate on the team and he's been awful during this stretch.

Maybe I need to read another article of our players being asked what it's like to play with a talent like Romeo.

Archie doesn't seem to hold him accountable and that Fester's into the team.

Why should anyone bust their ass if Romeo and Smith are going to coast with no retribution?

It's Bracey Wright part 2.

The issue with this team is we can’t score.

That’s because:

*Phin is shooting 38% from the field and can’t score.
*McRoberts is averaging 1 pt and shooting 31% from the field and the worst offensive player in the Big Ten
*Green is shooting 37% from the field (when healthy)
*Fitz is shooting 41% from the field
*Al is only shooting 43% from the field

The pathetic part is defenses are keying on Romeo and they still struggle to score. We have had two different players go at least a month without scoring one basket. That’s insane. I do agree he is poorly coached.

During the 6 game losing streak:

Fitz has scored 4 pts.
McRoberts has scored 4 pts
Phin is avg 5 pts
Durham has only been in double figures once

Romeo has struggled the last 4 games. Big deal. It happens to all players. You are in for a rude awakening next year when Romeo is gone. The hardest thing to do in basketball is score.

Last edited:
The issue with this team is we can’t score.

That’s because:

*Phin is shooting 38% from the field and can’t score.
*McRoberts is averaging 1 pt and shooting 31% from the field and the worst offensive player in the Big Ten
*Green is shooting 37% from the field (when healthy)
*Fitz is shooting 41% from the field
*Al is only shooting 43% from the field

The pathetic part is defenses are keying on Romeo and they still struggle to score. We have had two different players go at least a month without scoring one basket. That’s insane. I do agree he is poorly coached.

During the 6 game losing streak:

Fitz has scored 4 pts.
McRoberts has scored 4 pts
Phin is avg 5 pts
Durham has only been in double figures once

Romeo has struggled the last 4 games. Big deal. It happens to all players. You are in for a rude awakening next year when Romeo is gone. The hardest thing to do in basketball is to score.

That's a lot better than 30% while hoisting up 10 to 15 shots a game.

While playing Blackmon like defense.

While coasting.

And turning the ball over 2 to 3 times a game.

If Romeo's name was Davonte Green everyone would want to shoot him into the sun for his play lately.

I actually don't care about the slump, it's his effort that I'm ripping on him for. If your supposed most talented player doesn't bring the effort to even dive on the floor for a 50/50 ball (maybe he's just getting out of the way for Al) why would anyone want to play hard with a team mate that doesn't bust it....and the coach doesn't seem to hold him accountable?

CHEMISTRY

Reactions: glidresquirrel
That's a lot better than 30% while hoisting up 10 to 15 shots a game.

While playing Blackmon like defense.

While coasting.

And turning the ball over 2 to 3 times a game.

If Romeo's name was Davonte Green everyone would want to shoot him into the sun for his play lately.

I actually don't care about the slump, it's his effort that I'm ripping on him for. If your supposed most talented player doesn't bring the effort to even dive on the floor for a 50/50 ball (maybe he's just getting out of the way for Al) why would anyone want to play hard with a team mate that doesn't bust it....and the coach doesn't seem to hold him accountable?

CHEMISTRY

Fair enough. I think we just disagree on it. Hopefully, they all play better and we start winning some games.

It sure would be a disaster to recruit like Duke or UK. Who wants to be in the top 5 right now? It’s probably better we just keep doing what got us here.
You know you are in the minority here who wants to recruit like them because you can win without building your program that way. Give me how Villanova or UNC builds there program because they can actually keep there to players for 3 or 4 years for the most part. We all know all you care about is the wins and losses but some of us actually care about more that just the outcome when it comes to college sports. I would rather watch a player come in and see them develop over a period of time than just seeing them for 6 months. Some of us like to see them actually care about getting their degree and actually going to class more than just one semester. If you don't like how we do things here then just go root for UK or Duke and leave this place for real IU fans.
UNC the program that created the fake courses so players could pass. That UNC!

Reactions: yotheo

Who said anything about morality? The reason I prefer winning with predominantly 2-4 year players has nothing to do with "high ground." It has to do with getting a sense of the player... the excitement of watching them grow as players, and to some extent, as people. I enjoyed having Eric Gordon play for IU. But I enjoyed watching Vic grow into the player he became even more.

It's the same with any sports team - baseball, basketball, football... it's just more fun when you don't have an entirely new team every single year.

The KY fans I know (all over 40) like the wins and the rankings but are not happy with the way the program has been outsourced to a series of mercenaries with very little connection to the university or fans.

Reactions: speroni
Who said anything about morality? The reason I prefer winning with predominantly 2-4 year players has nothing to do with "high ground." It has to do with getting a sense of the player... the excitement of watching them grow as players, and to some extent, as people. I enjoyed having Eric Gordon play for IU. But I enjoyed watching Vic grow into the player he became even more.

It's the same with any sports team - baseball, basketball, football... it's just more fun when you don't have an entirely new team every single year.
To me when I look at all great players at IU I will have a more favorable memories of guys who stayed 4 years. I loved IT and VO and Cody but I would not put them up with players like Alford, Cheaney, Buckner, May, Benson.

Part of a half? Got poked in the eye and had to come out for a few minutes to rest? This is your excuse for our season?

Rob was out a couple games and has been back for this losing streak.

Davis has played almost the entire year. He’s the same athlete he’s always been.

We don’t know what Hunter brings.

The excuses are getting old.

No. I merely pointed put your claim that they hadn't missed a minute was factually incorrect--just like most of the facts you offer in support of your arguments.

The only thing that's tired is your continued need to make shit up so you can rag on the team, in order to rag on Miller, in order to rag on Glass. I notice how you don't even deny it. Tell us why...

Is it because you're mad that you swore we were going BIG with this hire, only to find out later we got the coach from Dayton? Or was that part of your plan too? Either way, your shtick is worn out. You'll minimize IU's successes and bleat unendingly about their failures, and make up even more, if you can. Why? Tell us why? It's very transparent.

No. I merely pointed put your claim that they hadn't missed a minute was factually incorrect--just like most of the facts you offer in support of your arguments.

The only thing that's tired is your continued need to make shit up so you can rag on the team, in order to rag on Miller, in order to rag on Glass. I notice how you don't even deny it. Tell us why...

Is it because you're mad that you swore we were going BIG with this hire, only to find out later we got the coach from Dayton? Or was that part of your plan too? Either way, your shtick is worn out. You'll minimize IU's successes and bleat unendingly about their failures, and make up even more, if you can. Why? Tell us why? It's very transparent.
You’re right I’m not a fan of Glass. It has everything to do with us being at or near the bottom of the Big Ten the last 10 years in football and basketball.

It has to do with the Crean extension and NINE years. It has to do with the Wilson extension, then firing, then hiring of a HS coach with no search. Then I gave Archie a chance until now but I’m not giving him 5 years before passing judgement. It’s yet another Glass failure.

How can people still support the same nonsense?

You’re right I’m not a fan of Glass. It has everything to do with us being at or near the bottom of the Big Ten the last 10 years in football and basketball.

It has to do with the Crean extension and NINE years. It has to do with the Wilson extension, then firing, then hiring of a HS coach with no search. Then I gave Archie a chance until now but I’m not giving him 5 years before passing judgement. It’s yet another Glass failure.

How can people still support the same nonsense?

You didn't give Archie a chance. Nonsense. The rest of it is just funny. You basically readily admit that you make shit up because you hate glass.

You get credit. You were finally kinda honest. Kinda...you're still full of shit about us being at the bottom in basketball the last 10 years. But at least we know why. By the way...no one cares about your stupid "bring down the AD" agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT