ADVERTISEMENT

One and Done Recuriting

It sure would be a disaster to recruit like Duke or UK. Who wants to be in the top 5 right now? It’s probably better we just keep doing what got us here.
The problem is we could try it but we are not going to get enough five stars to make it work like they do. We could maybe get one or two a year but they get four a year.

Reactions: Deli owl
It sure would be a disaster to recruit like Duke or UK. Who wants to be in the top 5 right now? It’s probably better we just keep doing what got us here.
You know you are in the minority here who wants to recruit like them because you can win without building your program that way. Give me how Villanova or UNC builds there program because they can actually keep there to players for 3 or 4 years for the most part. We all know all you care about is the wins and losses but some of us actually care about more that just the outcome when it comes to college sports. I would rather watch a player come in and see them develop over a period of time than just seeing them for 6 months. Some of us like to see them actually care about getting their degree and actually going to class more than just one semester. If you don't like how we do things here then just go root for UK or Duke and leave this place for real IU fans.

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
The problem is we could try it but we are not going to get enough five stars to make it work like they do. We could maybe get one or two a year but they get four a year.
See how one and done players helped LSU and Washington and how we are doing with one so give me Villanova and UNC and UM way of building their programs.

You know you are in the minority here who wants to recruit like them because you can win without building your program that way. Give me how Villanova or UNC builds there program because they can actually keep there to players for 3 or 4 years for the most part. We all know all you care about is the wins and losses but some of us actually care about more that just the outcome when it comes to college sports. I would rather watch a player come in and see them develop over a period of time than just seeing them for 6 months. Some of us like to see them actually care about getting their degree and actually going to class more than just one semester. If you don't like how we do things here then just go root for UK or Duke and leave this place for real IU fans.

Do you ever get tired of making the same post over and over?

That goes for the OP too.

How many times are you guys going to hash this argument out? What do you get out of it at this point?

You're both fit for a straight jacket.

See how one and done players helped LSU and Washington and how we are doing with one so give me Villanova and UNC and UM way of building their programs.
It is a moot point anyway scott as we would never be able to land 3-5 five stars a year. Indiana is not viewed as an elite program anymore nor should it be.

Reactions: bang63
It is a moot point anyway scott as we would never be able to land 3-5 five stars a year. Indiana is not viewed as an elite program anymore nor should it be.
Right but if Archie insists on running the packline we might find that we won't be getting any one and done players, well unless you pay like his brother Sean does.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
and I would never want us to have a roster full of one and done players. I don't mind 1 every year but not the way UK and Duke recruit. I would rather have 5 star players like Brooks and TJD that does not look like they will not be one and done players who can come in and grow as a player.

Right but if Archie insists on running the packline we might find that we won't be getting any one and done players, well unless you pay like his brother Sean does.
You don't need a bunch of one and done players to compete nationally. Look at teams like UVA and Tennessee who are playing mainly upperclassman who has been in their system for years.

Reactions: sosoblue
You don't need a bunch of one and done players to compete nationally. Look at teams like UVA and Tennessee who are playing mainly upperclassman who has been in their system for years.
Maybe not pure one and done's, but you need NBA talent at a minimum 3 NBA players. This is why Purdue won't win it.

Reactions: fpeaugh

Actually Kentucky is ranked 7th. Duke is 2nd

I am at a loss, where are all of the one and dones on Tennessee, Virgina, Michigan, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Nevada, UNC and Marquette??

You know the actual #1 team, 4 out of the top 5 and 8 out of the current top 10 teams?

Imagine Vandy without Shittu this year. Holy f would they suck.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Would you make up your mind? In one thread, you state that our players are fine, but we're losing because of Archie, and then elsewhere you state that our players aren't good enough because we need a team full of 5 stars.

I get it. No matter what the program does, you won't be satisfied unless we win NCAA Championships every year and if we don't, you always get to say, "see? I told you so." Thanks for posting, Mr. Negativity.

All you anti-fpeagh guys who have responded are now another number in the millions of the Archie cult following who have claimed he will be the next great coach of all time as well as on list of millions who don't want 5 star players.

All you anti-fpeagh guys who have responded are now another number in the millions of the Archie cult following who have claimed he will be the next great coach of all time as well as on list of millions who don't want 5 star players.
You exaggerate just like your daddy, although he is much more eloquent.
STFU.

Reactions: fpeaugh and campc
You definitely need a few guys to stick around a couple of years with the current situation at Indiana. That said, if you could get a OAD or two and put them with high 3-4 star players that actually have talent it will work. Cal has changed his philosophy in the sense of not just going after 5 star guys but they must be able to shoot because he’s learned that you can have a team full of 5 stars but if they can’t shoot it doesn’t help. I get wanting to see them develop. Stealing herro from Wisconsin was great because he’s a four star guy that will be here atleast two years. We also have a few others that are 4-5 star guys that are sophomores and will be back next year. Not very five star is a guaranteed OAD. Having them on your team mixed in with good 3-4 yr guys helps big time.

The problem with those examples is the coach blows. If the coach sucks it won’t do you any good. Those coaches promised those guys 50 shots a game and made them the team rather than playing as a team. Jones let Simmons do anything he wanted and that team still sucked. Fultz was able to do the same thing. You see how bad fultz is now because he has to play as a team player and he sucks. Simmons was going to be a good player but because he refused to play as a team player LSU sucked. Cunzo Martin and Shaka smart are two more that reel in top recruits and promise them all the shots they want. It’s not a good look if a kid wants to play his one yr at some shitty school and be the man knowing his team will be out the first weekend. It also doesn’t help them improve because when they get to the nba they have to become team players and it’s not all about them anymore

Mix of mostly 5* and 4*, with the occasional 3* shooter or Rim Protector/Rebounder, and the walk-on deadeye shooter.
This is what everyone wants. I’d love to have that at uk the problem is every kid that comes to ky expects to be oad and it doesn’t work that way. When green transferred it was best for both parties as he was an undersized guard that was great at any one thing. Plus it opened the door for hagans to show how good he really was. Matthews wanted to be the man when he came here but he clearly want ready for that role. He didn’t want to develop or trust the system he expected to start from day 1 and be the man because it’s Kentucky. It’s kind of a curse. I wish he would of stuck it out because he’s playing well for Michigan, but he didn’t want to wait.

Interesting, we added one of your coveted five star guys that the guru's tell you is one and we are currently worse than last year...because the dude who the special one and done replaced could actually hit a jump shot and he played his ass off, something our current guy hasn't figured out yet since all his life he's been treated like royalty and now his flaws are being exposed as an 18 year old.

I guarantee you Romeo would learn from this and become a stud IF he stuck around, but he won't and he shouldn't.

He's going to be a millionaire in six months. Why on Earth would he want to get back on defense after another Bracey Wright brick while Iggy Money Spaz hustles bavk for a layup?

As Shaq said to Nover when we beat his ass his last season, Congrats, I'm still going to be the #1 pick.

And you wonder why our chemistry goes into the toilet when he hit a rough patch?

You definitely need a few guys to stick around a couple of years with the current situation at Indiana. That said, if you could get a OAD or two and put them with high 3-4 star players that actually have talent it will work. Cal has changed his philosophy in the sense of not just going after 5 star guys but they must be able to shoot because he’s learned that you can have a team full of 5 stars but if they can’t shoot it doesn’t help. I get wanting to see them develop. Stealing herro from Wisconsin was great because he’s a four star guy that will be here atleast two years. We also have a few others that are 4-5 star guys that are sophomores and will be back next year. Not very five star is a guaranteed OAD. Having them on your team mixed in with good 3-4 yr guys helps big time.

The problem with those examples is the coach blows. If the coach sucks it won’t do you any good. Those coaches promised those guys 50 shots a game and made them the team rather than playing as a team. Jones let Simmons do anything he wanted and that team still sucked. Fultz was able to do the same thing. You see how bad fultz is now because he has to play as a team player and he sucks. Simmons was going to be a good player but because he refused to play as a team player LSU sucked. Cunzo Martin and Shaka smart are two more that reel in top recruits and promise them all the shots they want. It’s not a good look if a kid wants to play his one yr at some shitty school and be the man knowing his team will be out the first weekend. It also doesn’t help them improve because when they get to the nba they have to become team players and it’s not all about them anymore

Wall2Boogie,

You have zero credibility, none. You support the most corrupt college basketball program of all time.
Even you've admitted that UK fans thought Calapari was a slimeball when he coached at Memphis.
But once he became your coach, his slime no longer mattered. How's that?
He has two vacated Final Four appearances. Let that sink in, two of them.
I realize that you and your fellow Rupps Rafters nutjobs have excuses for all of it.
You do realize that college basketball fans across the country make fun of UK fans, right?

Just because the village idiot on this board loves Calipari, don't fool yourself.

Read this -

https://www.complex.com/sports/2017/03/dirtiest-programs-in-college-basketball/

Interesting, we added one of your coveted five star guys that the guru's tell you is one and we are currently worse than last year...because the dude who the special one and done replaced could actually hit a jump shot and he played his ass off, something our current guy hasn't figured out yet since all his life he's been treated like royalty and now his flaws are being exposed as an 18 year old.

I guarantee you Romeo would learn from this and become a stud IF he stuck around, but he won't and he shouldn't.

He's going to be a millionaire in six months. Why on Earth would he want to get back on defense after another Bracey Wright brick while Iggy Money Spaz hustles bavk for a layup?

As Shaq said to Nover when we beat his ass his last season, Congrats, I'm still going to be the #1 pick.

And you wonder why our chemistry goes into the toilet when he hit a rough patch?
Do you know what Shaq and MJ have in common, both lost their last game to IU

Wall2Boogie,

If have zero credibility, none. You support the most corrupt college basketball program of all time.
Even you've admitted that UK fans thought Calapari was a slimeball when he coached at Memphis.
I realize that you and your fellow Rupps Rafters nutjobs have excuses for all of it.
You do realize that college basketball fans across the country make fun of UK fans, right?

Just because the village idiot on this board loves Calipari, don't fool yourself.

Read this -

Those same people make fun of our fan base as well or a least some of the nutjobs.

Wall2Boogie,

You have zero credibility, none. You support the most corrupt college basketball program of all time.

Read this -

First off, yes like everyone else we thought cal was a dirty coach. That was until we got to know him and see how he operates.
The vacated final fours. Camby took money without cals knowledge from a booster. He can’t control every aspect of every player. Derrick rose and the sat. Cal was 900 miles away he didn’t exactly order them to give him a passing grade. When the sat thing came up the season was 3/4 of the way over. You aren’t going to sit him you continue to let him play till someone says otherwise. Since coming to Kentucky there has been nothing to even suggest he’s a dirty coach. If that were the case we would be bringing in anyone he wanted kind of like puke. Speaking of dirty coaches, how’s kelvin sampson doing these days? I don’t come here to talk trash and shit on Indiana. I’m respectful to everyone here. I know my presence makes you Ill, because I’m not joining in on the gloom and doom. As for creditably, I never claimed to have it, I’m just giving my unbiased opinion on your current situation. If cal was doing anything that was remotely dirty he would be the first to get fired, but that’s not the case.

You mean like beating MJ with Dakich, winning the B1G with Hillman at pg, or going to the final with Coverdale? Winning a Nattie with a JC PG? Who wants that?

First off, yes like everyone else we thought cal was a dirty coach. That was until we got to know him and see how he operates.
The vacated final fours. Camby took money without cals knowledge from a booster. He can’t control every aspect of every player. Derrick rose and the sat. Cal was 900 miles away he didn’t exactly order them to give him a passing grade. When the sat thing came up the season was 3/4 of the way over. You aren’t going to sit him you continue to let him play till someone says otherwise. Since coming to Kentucky there has been nothing to even suggest he’s a dirty coach. If that were the case we would be bringing in anyone he wanted kind of like puke. Speaking of dirty coaches, how’s kelvin sampson doing these days? I don’t come here to talk trash and shit on Indiana. I’m respectful to everyone here. I know my order makes you I’ll bec I’m not joining in on the gloom and doom. As for creditably, I never claimed to have it, I’m just giving my unbiased opinion on your current situation. If cal was doing anything that was remotely dirty he would be the first to get fired, but that’s not the case.
Cal is like a mob boss where he puts out the hit but put enough between him and the crime not to get caught.

Reactions: campc
The vacated final fours. Camby took money without cals knowledge from a booster. He can’t control every aspect of every player. Derrick rose and the sat. Cal was 900 miles away he didn’t exactly order them to give him a passing grade. When the sat thing came up the season was 3/4 of the way over. You aren’t going to sit him you continue to let him play till someone says otherwise. Since coming to Kentucky there has been nothing to even suggest he’s a dirty coach. If that were the case we would be bringing in anyone he wanted kind of like puke. Speaking of dirty coaches, how’s kelvin sampson doing these days? I don’t come here to talk trash and shit on Indiana. I’m respectful to everyone here. I know my presence makes you Ill, because I’m not joining in on the gloom and doom. As for creditably, I never claimed to have it, I’m just giving my unbiased opinion on your current situation. If cal was doing anything that was remotely dirty he would be the first to get fired, but that’s not the case.

Just like Pitino didn't know about the strippers or that he was paying for an abortion.
Just like Wooden didn't know Sam Gilbert was buying players.
Just like Paterno didn't know about Sandusky.
Just like Sutton didn't know Dwayne Casey was buying players.
Just like Sutton didn't know Eric Manual cheated on his entrance exams.

Sure thing, Cal knew nothing.

At least be honest about it.
Calipari is a two-time cheating scumbag.
But since he wins, UK fans are OK with it.
He fits right in with the most corrupt program of all time. Perfectly.

And yes, Sampson made impermissible phone calls and texts, and was appropriately fired.
See the difference?

Do you know what Shaq and MJ have in common, both lost their last game to IU

It was crazy, that douvle team on Shaq. It almost wasn't enough. He still had a massive game. Our guys looked tiny against him.

In retrospect, I'm thinking I may have missed some sarcasm, so I'm gonna give that a like...if I'm wrong, you can still STFU. :cool:

Cal is like a mob boss where he puts out the hit but put enough between him and the crime not to get caught.
Yet he has had 2 final fours vacated. Again he is like the mob boss who puts out a hit but never have anything on him to convict him of the crime. You are really naive if you think Cal is squeaky clean when it comes to the vacated final fours. If you want a program like that then maybe you should switch over and root for UK.

I compare Cal to a mob boss and call him the Tony Saprano of college basketball. He puts a hit on someone but will never get caught for it but others will take the fall for him just like UMASS and Memphis took the fall for hos wrong doings.

Playing all the greatest hits in this thread huh Scott?

Just like Pitino didn't know about the strippers or that he was paying for an abortion.
Just like Wooden didn't know Sam Gilbert was buying players.
Just like Paterno didn't know about Sandusky.
Just like Sutton didn't know Dwayne Casey was buying players.
Just like Sutton didn't know Eric Manual cheated on his entrance exams.

Sure thing, Cal knew nothing.

At least be honest about it.
Calipari is a two-time cheating scumbag.
But since he wins, UK fans are OK with it.
He fits right in with the most corrupt program of all time. Perfectly.

And yes, Sampson made impermissible phone calls and texts, and was appropriately fired.
See the difference?
Wow lumping cal into Pitino and Sandusky wow that’s a stretch. We respect what Pitino did at us, but when he became Benedict Arnold he lost the respect he once had. You’re really stretching with the comparisons, That are not even comparable. Sutton was fired as he should of been. Agree to disagree. I don’t come here to bicker and fight about stupid shit. I’m sorry your program isn’t doing so well lately, I’m just here to talk basketball. Most know I’m not here to gloat or talk shit. I don’t start fights nor do I troll. If you don’t like ky or cal that’s fine but to hate on me for being a uk fan is childish. Agree to disagree

dumb ... to some people it's not about like or hate, that's Justin Bieber fan idiot level reasoning.

Do better than a 12 year old over emotional besotted fan .. is that too much to ask?

I get that your butthurt is making you irrational, but maybe growing a pair will help that.

My point is we DO try it. You think we turn down 5 stars? You think we wouldn’t want their classes?

It just cracks me up how some of these clowns think we’re not like them by CHOICE.

and I would never want us to have a roster full of one and done players. I don't mind 1 every year but not the way UK and Duke recruit. I would rather have 5 star players like Brooks and TJD that does not look like they will not be one and done players who can come in and grow as a player.
You’d rather have 5 star players like Romeo, TJD, and Brooks rather than those at UK or Duke? I wonder why...truly baffling. Maybe because they’re the only ones who want to come here? Shocking how that works.

Actually Kentucky is ranked 7th. Duke is 2nd

I am at a loss, where are all of the one and dones on Tennessee, Virgina, Michigan, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Nevada, UNC and Marquette??

You know the actual #1 team, 4 out of the top 5 and 8 out of the current top 10 teams?

Imagine Vandy without Shittu this year. Holy f would they suck.
None of those schools have the consistency or Duke or UK.

There are dozens of schools that recruit like that. Sure there’s always a couple good ones. But they’ll never done it as consistent as Duke/UK.

Would you make up your mind? In one thread, you state that our players are fine, but we're losing because of Archie, and then elsewhere you state that our players aren't good enough because we need a team full of 5 stars.

I get it. No matter what the program does, you won't be satisfied unless we win NCAA Championships every year and if we don't, you always get to say, "see? I told you so." Thanks for posting, Mr. Negativity.
We don’t have the talent to win a championship. But we do have too 25 talent that should compete for top 3-4 in the Big ten.

What’s so hard about that?

Wow lumping cal into Pitino and Sandusky wow that’s a stretch. We respect what Pitino did at us, but when he became Benedict Arnold he lost the respect he once had. You’re really stretching with the comparisons, That are not even comparable. Sutton was fired as he should of been. Agree to disagree. I don’t come here to bicker and fight about stupid shit. I’m sorry your program isn’t doing so well lately, I’m just here to talk basketball. Most know I’m not here to gloat or talk shit. I don’t start fights nor do I troll. If you don’t like ky or cal that’s fine but to hate on me for being a uk fan is childish. Agree to disagree
Still don't understand why you and the PU fans go to there teams message board. I have never been or never will go any other team board because I couldn't care less what your fan base thinks.

My point is we DO try it. You think we turn down 5 stars? You think we wouldn’t want their classes?

It just cracks me up how some of these clowns think we’re not like them by CHOICE.
Read an article about Jay Wright saying he does not even go after one and done players because he wats a culture where players come in a grow as a player as well as a team. We get it that you don't understand this mentality because all you care about is the wins and losses but most IU fans want more from their program.

Last edited:
Read an article about Jay Wright saying he doe snot even go after one ad done players because he wats a culture where players come in a grow as a player as well as a team. We get it that you don't understand this mentality because all you care about is the wins and losses but most IU fans want more from their program.
Jay Wright has had multiple 5 stars on his title teams.

Still don't understand why you and the PU fans go to there teams message board. I have never been or never will go any other team board because I couldn't care less what your fan base thinks.

As another poster pointed out last week, Wall2Boogie posts on this board acting like he's just here to talk basketball and then quickly slinks back to the UK board and posts things such as "you won't believe what they are saying on the IU board." He not only supports the most corrupt college basketball program of all time, he's a poser as well.

Reactions: Brockway
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT