ADVERTISEMENT

OL issues continue

I’ve already told you the simplest, most direct, most obvious reason: He believed / believes he’s the right guy for the job. I’m not saying I agree with that assessment, but Coach Allen is infinitely more close to this than you and I are. You’re speculating without any basis in fact or even evidence, as you’ve admitted.
So, tell us who you are and what connection you have with the coach Allen. If not you need to stop posting like you have inside info. One poster knows you are Ordy.

How do you know? You never seem to answer the questions asked of you so are you really Ord?
Sorry, not divulging that, but it’s absolutely the case. Back to Hiller . . . How do you know that he was kept because his wife and Allen’s wife are close friends, as you stated?

So, tell us who you are and what connection you have with the coach Allen. If not you need to stop posting like you have inside info. One poster knows you are Ordy.
I’m not Ordy and I can’t find one post here from anyone with that handle. Now, about the wife’s tale . . .

do we really have great OL talent? i'm not convinced
No.
Watch the one on one matchups. Don’t watch the ball. Scheme only takes you so far. You have to win individual battles and IU guys struggle to do that against any decent opposition. Hanna gets beat consistently around the edge. Haggard got beat several times today that way. A Michigan DL pushed Benson over backwards with a bull rush.

You have to be able to interpret what you see.
The players aren’t good enough. The end.
And they keep running the same guys out there and expect better results. That’s goofy to me.

Reactions: kmathum
Heard from a friend who heard a rumor that Hiller was going to "retire" after this season. Take it for what it is worth. It is a shame that Rod Carey and Hiller didn't switch duties. Not sure if either one would have wanted that or even if that was an option. CTA could have helped his friend get to retirement while hopefully giving a boost to the OL room with Carey. Like oldcougar77 said, Carey will probably not be around long, especially if this season ends like the last one.
It is so easy for us internet coaches to make these decisions. VBG. Since I am not involved with the program or have no real incite on what goes on at practices, it is best to let those that are, make those decisions.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
So you are saying someone might take on an internet personna that doesn't correlate to who they really are? 🤔
The people who do all of the finger pointing tend to be the ones trying to deflect attention away from themselves. I wonder why?

Everyone knows this
He posts like he is a Hiller or Allen family member, but then adds “I am not at Liberty to say my connections” type of mystery credibility.

I just wish he’d say openly what he thinks are the personnel issues and f concern, does Allen see the problems, if he kept Hiller bc he thinks he was the right person, how does he fee this move has turned out, and does he feel Allen has the talent to lead the team.

I have certainly wanted Allen to succeed, but when he only fired Sheridan after last year, I said then and seeing it now “You risk alienating the fan base” as it comes across (whether the reason or not) as if you were protecting a friend or unable to see the problem and make a change. Both look bad when everyone was seeing clearly the area that was Uber-underperforming and he changed practically every coach BUT that one.

Sorry, not divulging that, but it’s absolutely the case. Back to Hiller . . . How do you know that he was kept because his wife and Allen’s wife are close friends, as you stated?
By posting what you do without anyway to back it up you lose credibility. I and other posters are wanting someone with close connections to the team to give information that lets us know the team better. "Not divulging that information" doesn't mean naming names just how you know the information.

When coach Lynch was HC, I had a connection because we were friends, he would email me back when I asked about how the team was doing or preparation for a game. I didn't divulge that, but I didn't write post like I knew insider info either. You will do what you do, I will have to decide how much credibility to give your postings.

Reactions: 76-1 and jsenleo
By posting what you do without anyway to back it up you lose credibility. I and other posters are wanting someone with close connections to the team to give information that lets us know the team better. "Not divulging that information" doesn't mean naming names just how you know the information.

When coach Lynch was HC, I had a connection because we were friends, he would email me back when I asked about how the team was doing or preparation for a game. I didn't divulge that, but I didn't write post like I knew insider info either. You will do what you do, I will have to decide how much credibility to give your postings.
For those new to the Ordfan shitshow, he demands back up whale providing none for his own lies and claims. Never has never will.
He is here for two reasons:

take pot shots at IU, and argue with anyone who will participate

The ultimate career troll.

Reactions: Bowlmania and 76-1

I’ve made it very clear that I know some people who are very close to the program, bit I’m not telling who they are or where they sit within the University community. They have proved to be highly accurate through the years. It’s one of the reasons why I’m curious about your position that Coach Allen wouldn't move on Hiller because of their friendship, or that of their wives. That’s not what I hear in any way, so I’m curious why you’ve been so convinced that it’s accurate.

For those new to the Ordfan shitshow, he demands back up whale providing none for his own lies and claims. Never has never will.
He is here for two reasons:

take pot shots at IU, and argue with anyone who will participate

The ultimate career troll.
Please stop ruining yet another thread. Either talk IU football or go away. Thanks.

I’ve made it very clear that I know some people who are very close to the program, bit I’m not telling who they are or where they sit within the University community. They have proved to be highly accurate through the years. It’s one of the reasons why I’m curious about your position that Coach Allen wouldn't move on Hiller because of their friendship, or that of their wives. That’s not what I hear in any way, so I’m curious why you’ve been so convinced that it’s accurate.
But all you’ve said is “He thinks Hiller is right person to fix it (not kept bc they are friends or not bc of having to take a pay cut). There is NOT much there other than you saying all speculation is wrong. That’s your scoop. Definitely not much there from you.

But all you’ve said is “He thinks Hiller is right person to fix it (not kept bc they are friends or not bc of having to take a pay cut). There is NOT much there other than you saying all speculation is wrong. That’s your scoop. Definitely not much there from you.
I’ve said that on response to your assertions that it’s something else other than Allen thinks and has thought Hiller was the right guy for the job. You’re looking for some nefarious reason why he’s still the O line coach beyond the most obvious one: Coach Allen believed / believes he’s the right guy. Speculate all you want, but none of it has been either reasonable or informed.

Heard from a friend who heard a rumor that Hiller was going to "retire" after this season. Take it for what it is worth. It is a shame that Rod Carey and Hiller didn't switch duties. Not sure if either one would have wanted that or even if that was an option. CTA could have helped his friend get to retirement while hopefully giving a boost to the OL room with Carey. Like oldcougar77 said, Carey will probably not be around long, especially if this season ends like the last one.
It is so easy for us internet coaches to make these decisions. VBG. Since I am not involved with the program or have no real incite on what goes on at practices, it is best to let those that are, make those decisions.
Are guys that take analyst jobs at IU really in demand?

Are guys that take analyst jobs at IU really in demand?
My understanding about Carey is that he’s not really interested in being a position coach, something that I’ve been told was available to him at several schools after leaving Temple. He’s been a head coach at his last two stops and he’d like to get another opportunity to do that somewhere else, especially after how things ended in Philly. He would accept a coordinator role, as well, but those are obviously tougher to get. Coach Allen basically told him to come to IU so he could stay involved while the coaching world sorts out, then he can figure out his next move.

• Haha
Reactions: Radio Zero
Not even close: Haze 9 and 35 on a program with a historical record of 630–577–48 (.521) / TA 29 and 35 on a program with a historical record of 499–695–44 (.421).

Hazell set a standard for ineptitude that will be hard for anyone to match.
This.

It was a sad, sad day for me when Purdue parted ways with Hazell as he was spectacularly bad.

This.

It was a sad, sad day for me when Purdue parted ways with Hazell as he was spectacularly bad.
I remember being in WL for the last Bucket game of DH's career and the PU fans were openly rooting for IU to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT