ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, Utah State's Head Coach was effectively fired today

Rags to Roses

All-American
Aug 9, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Losing a head coach at this point is a problem. Given the uncertainty, have to think people will be trying to get their best talent to transfer. As it turns out, our WR coach (Anthony Tucker) was Offensive Coordinator at Utah State the past 2 years. We have scholarships left. Wonder if we will kick the tires on some of their players.

Utah State coach Blake Anderson 'unlikely' to return after being placed on administrative leave
Nice catch...

The only guy that seems to stand out (in the media [I know zip about Utah St.]), is this fellow Ike Larsen who might add to the competition at S and clearly could add some value on Special Teams:

Convincing him to leave a starting position to come here and compete for one most likely would be a tough sell however... NIL $ and and Big Ten, Big Time, Big Stage would really have to be the draw... Might be worth a try though...

I know nothing about the guys character...; my take above is solely based on his Mountain West accomplishments and accolades...

Here's "Our Lads" preseason presumed depth chart... Few really jump out at you...:

Anyone know anything about their starting Linebackers???

It appears this guy played against James Madison before he was injured last Fall so our guys undoubtedly scouted him and have some concept of his value...:

Last edited:
Nice catch...

The only guy that seems to stand out (in the media [I know zip about Utah St.]), is this fellow Ike Larsen who might add to the competition at S and clearly could add some value on Special Teams:

Convincing him to leave a starting position to come here and compete for one most likely would be a tough sell however... NIL $ and and Big Ten, Big Time, Big Stage would really have to be the draw... Might be worth a try though...

I know nothing about the guys character...; my take above is solely based on his Mountain West accomplishments and accolades...

Here's "Our Lads" preseason presumed depth chart... Few really jump out at you...:

Anyone know anything about their starting Linebackers???

It appears this guy played against James Madison before he was injured last Fall so our guys undoubtedly scouted him and have some concept of his value...:

I don't think this staff will kick any tires on this team that couldn't win have a winning season.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
I don't think this staff will kick any tires on this team that couldn't win have a winning season.
Yeah..., I don't know anything about Utah State aside from what I just googled (and nearly immediately forgot).

The good news is that James Madison played Utah State out there last Fall so our staff already has a point of reference on these guys...

I don't expect to see any of them here but in today's Portal environment you never know...

If it weren't for the fact that we have a coach that was at Utah State last year, I would give it a 0% chance. To me, having some first hand information on the players is what makes it possible. The transfer would have to have demonstrated high performance AND play a position where CCC thinks our roster is thin.

If it weren't for the fact that we have a coach that was at Utah State last year, I would give it a 0% chance. To me, having some first hand information on the players is what makes it possible. The transfer would have to have demonstrated high performance AND play a position where CCC thinks our roster is thin.
Tucker (our former WR's Coach) is no longer on staff (as far as I know [unless he's here as an "Analyst"]... Bostad is the only holdover from last years (Allens) staff... // Correction: Ryan McInerney is also still here as Quality Control Special Teams //

Budda Williams (DE's) should have some insight on their Offensive players since Colorado State played them regularly... There are a couple of brothers (Teague & Trey Andersen) that might be able to provide depth on the OL for us, but convincing them to head here would probably be a tall order...

Here's this years official staff:

Last edited:
Tucker (our former WR's Coach) is no longer on staff (as far as I know [unless he's here as an "Analyst"]... Bostad is the only holdover from last years (Allens) staff... // Correction: Ryan McInerney is also still here as Quality Control Special Teams //

Budda Williams (DE's) should have some insight on their Offensive players since Colorado State played them regularly... There are a couple of brothers (Teague & Trey Andersen) that might be able to provide depth on the OL for us, but convincing them to head here would probably be a tall order...

Here's this years official staff:

Thank you for the correction! I searched for Utah State on IUHoosiers.com and he came up. Completely forgot he was the WR coach last year. My bad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT