ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State's football players will return to campus on June 8 / NCAA approves as well

Today Gov Holcomb moved UP his phase three to this Friday, which is only two days early, but does start to open up more things. Seems like the pressure is coming to try and smartly open back up again. NO ONE wants radically unsafe situations, but think facts are showing there may be ways to focus on certain segments more i.e. really focus on elderly, those with serious pre-existing conditions, etc. But younger people are not as vulnerable and more people are aware, hospitals are not over run, etc. Think there will be some momentum to follow others like this too. I'm for trying to get back to at least a "new normal" and would like to think some herd immunity could start building as well.

Then we can keep walking/talking about FB news and what will hopefully be a great year for IU!

I read somewhere that the conference would have to allow this.

To me, with gyms opening up in places, this makes sense because schools SHOULD be able to keep a eye on the kids and keep them safe.

I've also read that coaches won't be able to coach the kids, so they won't be getting practice time in. Strength coaches will be able to be with them, but they'll have to be in groups from what I've gathered.

It's a small step.

Any school with sense and resources, like IU I hope, should test, isolate, and test. That way we can keep our teams on the field and court.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Ohio State is "modeling a concept" that contemplates 20,000 - 22,000 fans in the Shoe for games this season.

But how many tickets would be made available to students, how do they decide who's eligible for the remaining tickets and to what extent would prices be increased? Will game attendance end up being an option only for well-heeled alums and/or donors? I don't know how you can implement something like this without pissing off much of the fan base, particularly at a school like OSU where ticket demand is intense.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ans-attend-football-games-ad-gene-smith-says/

Ohio State is "modeling a concept" that contemplates 20,000 - 22,000 fans in the Shoe for games this season.

But how many tickets would be made available to students, how do they decide who's eligible for the remaining tickets and to what extent would prices be increased? Will game attendance end up being an option only for well-heeled alums and/or donors? I don't know how you can implement something like this without pissing off much of the fan base, particularly at a school like OSU where ticket demand is intense.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ans-attend-football-games-ad-gene-smith-says/
Oh no! What if the O$U fan base is pissed off?

That's going to keep me up all night!

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Time to bring back the paper bags for all fans this season....but this time for protection, not protest:

cleveland-browns-fans-paper-bags.jpg

Or, it’s going to be plastic container time. Looking forward to this in 90 degree opening game day:

25527438-8073501-image-m-13_1583327679399.jpg

I have an idea, open up ticket sales to everyone and let each individual determine their own risk and how much fear they have. Anyone going to games knows the risk and can take whatever precautions they choose while the stadium takes everyone's temperature not allowing any in that are sick.

I have an idea, open up ticket sales to everyone and let each individual determine their own risk and how much fear they have. Anyone going to games knows the risk and can take whatever precautions they choose while the stadium takes everyone's temperature not allowing any in that are sick.
Nope,that will never work,makes way too much sense:)

Nope,that will never work,makes way too much sense:)
So that makes me curious......let's say that happens. Who on this board would go to the games? I'm not sure, myself. I would probably just stay home and watch on TV. Definitely would not go to all of the games. I might go and try to sit up high alone, somewhere.

So that makes me curious......let's say that happens. Who on this board would go to the games? I'm not sure, myself. I would probably just stay home and watch on TV. Definitely would not go to all of the games. I might go and try to sit up high alone, somewhere.
I am not physically able to go to the games any more but if I were able I would go as being outside in the sun is pretty safe. If you want to go just find an N95 mask or another that can filter out a virus and go to the game.

Reactions: red hornet
I would definitely go.

Pretty easy..Who gets a ticket ..If your family donates $10 K ..$20K ..$50 K .Every year..You get tickets !!

It would be so nice if all the sick ones had temperatures, but they don’t.

Yea.

Step dad tested positive, had a fever. Fever went away for four days. Work told him on a Friday that if he was fever free that next Tuesday, he needed to come back to work. Sunday morning, he started running a fever of 103.

People don't have to have a fever to be positive.

Yea.

Step dad tested positive, had a fever. Fever went away for four days. Work told him on a Friday that if he was fever free that next Tuesday, he needed to come back to work. Sunday morning, he started running a fever of 103.

People don't have to have a fever to be positive.

Supposedly, depending on whose figures one chooses to believe, there's an extremely large number of asymptotic carriers walking around who don't know they have it... If true, that's a real problem (in my opinion)...

I believe there needs to be some "herd immunity" starting to build up and likely is. People want to get out over the summer now which will lead to more people likely being near each other. I don't think people under 25 are nearly as vulnerable as older people 55+, maybe even 65+. No one wants anyone to be sick or get it. But do think people are now reaching a point of being smarter about what to do or not do, who is more vulnerable and people wanting (if not needing) to get back some normalcy too. If kids playing college FB are willing to play and it's deemed safe, worst case I'd watch games with no fans in stands on TV. But similarly, if schools can open it up to at least half stadium, I'm also for allowing those fans who want to choose to attend, knowing possible risks, to go as well. I believe they'd be smarter, mask up and wash hands, etc. The hospitals are not overrun now thankfully and we seem to be getting a much better handle on things. No one has to do anything (forced), but seemingly people should have voluntary options they can pursue too. Now back to some football!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT