ADVERTISEMENT

OG

twenty02

Hall of Famer
Jan 28, 2011
Has turned into someone that's been talked about for a max NBA contract deal this summer. Don't know if he'll get that but he is definitely going to land a very large $150m+deal.

Looking like he may have the most successful NBA career for an IU guy in a very long time.

Yeah he's the only one close. Though OG likely to exceed him. Different era of earnings to be fair.

EJ was an elite recruit and don't think his success surprised anyone. OG came out of relative nowhere

I'll be shocked if OG plays as long as Gordon.

Not many NBA players play that long (health).

Has turned into someone that's been talked about for a max NBA contract deal this summer. Don't know if he'll get that but he is definitely going to land a very large $150m+deal.

Looking like he may have the most successful NBA career for an IU guy in a very long time.
It's important to note that the NBA does value defense. HIs defensive presence alone wins games for the Knicks and their coach recognizes this. He has dramatically improved his offensive skills too. Crucial three pointers made throughout the game for OG.

Think Gordon may have longest career for an IU grad and OG most $$ made but got me thinking of other players with 10+ years, so here’s a couple I found
Woodson 11 yrs
Van Aredales 11 yrs
Isiah Thomas 13 yrs
Cody Zeller 11 yrs (may have missed a yr or so w/injuries)
Probably a few others,just a few off top of my head

Reactions: hookyIU1990
It's important to note that the NBA does value defense. HIs defensive presence alone wins games for the Knicks and their coach recognizes this. He has dramatically improved his offensive skills too. Crucial three pointers made throughout the game for OG.
He is a good defensive presence which is ironic since he played for Coach Crean. Now I like Tom and didn't mind his quirky clapping, but his turnovers and lack of defense bugged me.

Yeah he's the only one close. Though OG likely to exceed him. Different era of earnings to be fair.

EJ was an elite recruit and don't think his success surprised anyone. OG came out of relative nowhere
Yeah OG was in that class with Thomas Bryant and Juwan Morgan-both of who were rated much higher. He really blossomed when Blackmon got hurt.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I'll be shocked if OG plays as long as Gordon.

Not many NBA players play that long (health).
No kidding? 16 years is a rarity for any player to get to... probably like .1% of NBA players make it to 13 years, so yes, safe bet any one player you pick isn't making it that far!

it still feels like OG only played in about 7-10 games for IU. Too bad we never got to see him as a starter for a healthy full season playing 30+ min/game. The kid had 1st team All B1G and Defensive POY talent (even in Crean's matador defense).

Reactions: kkott
Think Gordon may have longest career for an IU grad and OG most $$ made but got me thinking of other players with 10+ years, so here’s a couple I found
Woodson 11 yrs
Van Aredales 11 yrs
Isiah Thomas 13 yrs
Benson with 11 or 12 years
Calbert played for 13 years
Buckner had a 10 season run and got a ring
Dipo got 10 seasons if you count injury years
Jeffries 10+ seasons

Like you said, probably more than those guys.

Reactions: ulrey
Benson with 11 or 12 years
Calbert played for 13 years
Buckner had a 10 season run and got a ring
Dipo got 10 seasons if you count injury years
Jeffries 10+ seasons

Like you said, probably more than those guys.
Didn't Benson stumble into a ring with the Celtics?

Wittman had 5 or so good years with the Hawks and then hung around for another 3-4.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Wittman had 5 or so good years with the Hawks and then hung around for another 3-4.
Just looked it up.

Wittman had 9 years in the NBA.
Garrett had 6 NBA seasons after 7 overseas. That's actually pretty damn impressive.
Hendo played 12 seasons

Reactions: larsIU
Walt Bellamy played like 14 years I think.

OG will have a choice maybe between Philly and the Knicks. Knicks can pay him one extra year but Philly can do a total rebuild around Embiid and Maxey. Everybody except Embiid is non guaranteed contract or Free Agent. Maxey is Restricted so they have 60 - 70 mil to go shopping with. Lots of smaller Trade Exceptions to use to fill a bench.

Woodson 11 yrs
Van Aredales 11 yrs
Isiah Thomas 13 yrs
At the end of 2023, OG had a total of $43M in career earnings... so he has a while to go to catch EG.

OG and Juwan were both so underrated coming in. Both those guys and Victor were really great finds for Crean.

Reactions: ulrey
I think the story was that Benson treated Bird like a dog during his short time at IU
Part 2 was Bird force feeding McHale for 56 when Benson was guarding him. That was the Celtic's single game scoring until a couple nights later when Bird went for 60.

Reactions: larsIU and ulrey
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT