ADVERTISEMENT

Official Score Prediction Thread INDIANA vs Cincinnati

31-26 IU

People are giving Cincy wayyy too much credit. They’re not Alabama. Not Georgia. Not Clemson. Not Florida. Or half the SEC for that matter. Cincy is a good team in a bad conference. They don’t have any better athletes than we have. We’re at home. We’ll have a chance to win in the 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobilehoosier
31-26 IU

People are giving Cincy wayyy too much credit. They’re not Alabama. Not Georgia. Not Clemson. Not Florida. Or half the SEC for that matter. Cincy is a good team in a bad conference. They don’t have any better athletes than we have. We’re at home. We’ll have a chance to win in the 4th.
I like the prediction but your analysis couldn't be more wrong. Cincinnati beat three ranked teams last season and led Georgia in the Peach Bowl for most of the game. Georgia needed a 53 yard field goal with three seconds left to pull it out.

They've got one of the best defenses in the country this year and a dual-threat quarterback who will be an early round pick in the 2022 NFL draft. They are a scary good team and we'll have to be at our best to beat them.

I don't predict scores so I go with:

Slow getting into the lots from 9:00 on. Some coming from Indy will be late because they had no idea what they were getting into from Martinsville to the Purple Lot.

Will have my first Bloody by 9:00 and Breakfast Burrito rolling by 10:00.

Pretty pumped for this one I admit. It is a massive opportunity that could go either way.

UC 24
IU 14

hope I’m wrong but I think Offense give a short field for a score and we have a special teams oops for another. Offense struggles to consistently move the ball.

If the Bearkats look ahead to Notre Dame and start slow like they did last week, IU 20 Cincinnati 17. If Cincinnati starts off fast, it gets ugly like the Iowa game IU 14 Cincinnati 31.

I like the prediction but your analysis couldn't be more wrong. Cincinnati beat three ranked teams last season and led Georgia in the Peach Bowl for most of the game. Georgia needed a 53 yard field goal with three seconds left to pull it out.

They've got one of the best defenses in the country this year and a dual-threat quarterback who will be an early round pick in the 2022 NFL draft. They are a scary good team and we'll have to be at our best to beat them.
Georgia had something like 6-8 guys opt out of the bowl game. Plus several more injured. It was Cincinnati’s super bowl. And they still lost. Cincinnati is a very good team but they won’t have any more talent than we do. They’re not SEC talent.

This should be a really fun game for IU. I still think IU's defense is the best they have had in a very very long time. The only thing IU has to do to win this game is not allow the deep plays and of course, score on offense. Obviously you need to keep their running game at bay to limit their opportunities for deep plays but Cincy can prey on teams with big plays via deep passes. That is how they got scores against Georgia in the bowl game as well.

I think IU clamps down on the deep plays and forces Cincy into FG's early. If IU is able to move chains with the rushing game, I think IU has a real shot at making this game lopsided in IU's favor. If we don't stop the run then its going to be a close one. If we don't stop the deep pass or the run then this could turn out ugly.

All that being said......we'll stop the deep pass and IU wins going away:

IU - 34
UC - 16

Georgia had something like 6-8 guys opt out of the bowl game. Plus several more injured. It was Cincinnati’s super bowl. And they still lost. Cincinnati is a very good team but they won’t have any more talent than we do. They’re not SEC talent.
Too funny, dude. Cincinnati played without their top running back, Gerrid Doaks, a 7th round pick in the 2021 NFL draft. They were also missing second team All-American cornerback Ahmad Gardner and second team All-American safety James Wiggins. Still, they were up by two with just seconds left and lost only because Georgia's kicker knocked through a FG from a distance that's challenging for NFL kickers.

Maybe that was their Super Bowl, but don't kid yourself - - - so is this weekend's game. It's a chance for them to garner more national respect. I hope the football Hoosiers feel the same way about themselves, and are just as motivated. We need deafening crowd noise when Cincy has the ball, and a bunch of hungry Hoosiers playing at a high level.

For the last two years I've never said I thought Indiana was going to win if I thought they weren't - that is until Iowa. And we saw how that went.
Cincy 27
Indiana 23

I don’t make a score predictions but a couple things I will predict is that
1. If we win win fans will say that Cincinnati was not really all that good and that we should have beaten them by more. Especially Pu fans.
2. if we lose no matter how bad or good the oline plays it will be there fault and the season is over even though it is only the 3rd week of the season. Yes it will be disappointing but not the end of the world. Would still have a chance at winning 7-8 games. Which by IU standards is pretty good.

If we win win fans will say that Cincinnati was not really all that good and that we should have beaten them by more. Especially Pu fans.
Anyone who knows anything about college football knows Cincinnati is good, so really who gives a shit about any stupid comment like that should we win.

If we lose, the season isn't over but I think that creates a seven win ceiling which would be very disappointing for many IU fans including me.

People need to stop with this "by IU standards" stuff. That's defeatist and embraces mediocrity. I know the team and staff expect a lot more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT