ADVERTISEMENT

Official DNC covention thread

You saying you weren’t communicating with him through private messages. Be careful before you answer. Cataloged evidence may exist. 😂

Of course I was, trying to rein him in. His personal life was never discussed.

Michelle...
Excited Oh No GIF

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Not privately. And that could hardly be considered knowing about his private life.
Hmmm...... you didn't DM him about it? I'd say it is personal when you're talking about his area of expertise.

I'm going to go off the reservation a bit and say I didn't like Joe's performance. Was it quite as bad as the debate? No. But the narrative that this was a whole different Joe sounds like bet-hedging to me. I think he still appeared confused and garbled too many lines. He might have been a lot louder than in the debate, but that's about it. I think he showed us last night how dropping him for Harris was the right move.
Except the harris part.

Reactions: Lucy01
About the only thing the Dems had going for them in this cycle was abortion.
The media! Dont forget the media. We are watching a media driven creation of a candidate in real time. Three months ago, there was a strong push to have Biden dump Kamala— her incompetence was that obvious.

Then disaster struck. The Biden is competent fraud was exposed.

Democratic spin masters kicked it into high gear. They had to take a train wreck Vice President and turn her into a leader worthy of our vote. Her brainless inappropriate laugh is now a sign of joy on the left. She will bring joy to America. Trump and the GOP dwell in misery. ,

The democrats are really good at marketing and spin. Better than the GOP can ever be, especially with Trump as their pitchman. The economy, the drugs, the violence, energy shortages and more can be overcome with joyful happytalk.

No, it's over. They timed it to end with California.
What a waste of an hour of prime time. And with a DJ. SMH.

Good thing they're working hard for the youth vote to go along with bringing in the left wing with Bernie.

I swear between Trump rambling, JD Vance specimen collection cups, comparing Medal of Honor to Medal of Freedom, and whatever the hell the DNC programming choices have been, no one actually wants to win this election.

That couldn't have been Ashley Biden. Per a few posters here she was so severely traumatized by her father that she can barely function these days. Can they do AI Holographs?
I like the way that somehow things written in a diary (where no one ever lies or writes fanatsies) is suddenly an absolute fact. But sworn testimony from literally hundreds of former Trump associates,cabinet members, and even friends detailing actual events that have convinced them that he is unsuitable to hold office are somehow made up.

So when Gen Kelly reveals the way Trump insulted his dead son at his gravesite or Esper describes Trump's plans to shoot protestors in the legs those 2 and dozens of others are lying? The same crowd that regurgitates the Ashley Biden nonsense repeatedly sits around sticking their fingers in their ears huming loudly to avoid hearing the truth whenever anyone who knows Trump reveals what a slimeball he is...

I like the way that somehow things written in a diary (where no one ever lies or writes fanatsies) is suddenly an absolute fact. But sworn testimony from literally hundreds of former Trump associates,cabinet members, and even friends detailing actual events that have convinced them that he is unsuitable to hold office are somehow made up.

So when Gen Kelly reveals the way Trump insulted his dead son at his gravesite or Esper describes Trump's plans to shoot protestors in the legs those 2 and dozens of others are lying? The same crowd that regurgitates the Ashley Biden nonsense repeatedly sits around sticking their fingers in their ears huming loudly to avoid hearing the truth whenever anyone who knows Trump reveals what a slimeball he is...
I would think a diary is the place people are usually at their most truthful. Regardless of the validity of Biden’s daddy/ daughter showers a grown woman keeping a diary is……. Strange to say the least.

Reactions: DANC
I've been watching conventions since Jr High. I've only watched this one via videos after the fact, but some of the Dem moves have been brilliant. I thought originally they made a strategic mistake by holding the show in a safe state like IL, rather than say a battleground like MI or PA with Detroit or Philly resp.

But Chicago was definitely the right choice. The UC appears huge on tv, and it's filled nightly with energized excited people. Having KH make the surprise appearance on Mon night was a stroke of genius. I can't remember a nominee ever showing on the floor on Mon night before, and it just made for fantastic optics...

And speaking of optics, the rally in WI illustrates why the choice of Chicago was such a wise decision.Usually the nominees are content to take most of the week off until they gaive their respective VP and POTUS acceptance speeches on Wed and Thur night. But the move to have both KH and Coach appear at a huge rally in Milwaukee Tues night was a well coorodinated operation that served a variety of useful purposes and the main reason it was successful was that the DNC chose Chicago...

First off it not only blunted Trump's attempt to siphon off attention with his little (operative term) swing state series of meet and greets, but doing it in the same Mil arena as where the Trump convention was held offered a stark contrast. It was an optimum use of time and oppty because it wasn't just an offnight rally. Rather it was a showstopping rally in a key battleground state that millions of people witnessed on national media. And it was not somewhere far away, that would disrupt the candidates schedules but was just 90 min or so away which allowed for a pretty seamless juxtaposition...

Also the fact that on one night KH/Tim Walz spoke to about 35,000 or so people on national tv in front of millions has to be eating Trump alive. Not only does Trump lie and exaggerate crowd size, but there are multiple videos available showing hundreds/thousands of people exiting his rallies while his voice drones on in the background.

While KH/TW would likely have difficulty filling an arena with 35,000 people at one time, utilizing the oppty to combine venues and accomplish basically the same goal is just a huge plus. They will already get a huge buzz from the crowd at the UC, but every local station in Milwaukee (and thruout WI) will add to the hype by blasting video of people in Milwaukee waiting hours for a chnce to get inside the Forum.

It's as if the DNC was actually being held in Milwaukee,rather than Chicago. Candidates make trips and hold rallies to elicit hype and earn votes. And based on WHEN it occurred, when the media spotlight was already shining on the Dems big week, it's like a double dose of priceless media attention in a key state like WI.

I know a lot of the talking heads are predicting that the Dems already got their "post convention bounce" and there's no more they can gain. But I disagree, and I predict America will fall in love with Coach Walz after tonight...

I would think a diary is the place people are usually at their most truthful. Regardless of the validity of Biden’s daddy/ daughter showers a grown woman keeping a diary is……. Strange to say the least.
A lot of people journal. Maybe not a diary in the truest sense, but a lot of people do write down their thoughts. Some do it daily. I don't know why that would be weird for anyone of any age.

OK - disregard Kelly's comments. What about the sampling of the other 23 people on this list. Are they all liars too? :

1. His vice president, Mike Pence: “The American people deserve to know that President Trump asked me to put him over my oath to the Constitution. … Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States.”

2. His second attorney general, Bill Barr: “Someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

3. His first secretary of defense, James Mattis: “Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”

4. His second secretary of defense, Mark Esper: “I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”

5. His chairman of the joint chiefs, retired Gen. Mark Milley, seemed to invoke Trump: “We don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator. We take an oath to the Constitution and we take an oath to the idea that is America – and we’re willing to die to protect it.”

6. His first secretary of state, Rex Tillerson: “(Trump’s) understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of US history was really limited. It’s really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even understand the concept for why we’re talking about this.”

7. His first ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley: “He used to be good on foreign policy and now he has started to walk it back and get weak in the knees when it comes to Ukraine. A terrible thing happened on January 6 and he called it a beautiful day.”

8. His presidential transition vice-chairman, Chris Christie: “Someone who I would argue now is just out for himself.”

9. His second national security adviser, HR McMaster: “We saw the absence of leadership, really anti-leadership, and what that can do to our country.”

10. His third national security adviser, John Bolton: “I believe (foreign leaders) think he is a laughing fool.”

11. His second chief of staff, John Kelly: “A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”

12. His former acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, who resigned as US special envoy to Ireland after January 6, 2021: “I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”

13. One of his many former communications directors, Anthony Scaramucci: “He is the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

14. Another former communications director, Stephanie Grisham: “I am terrified of him running in 2024.”

15. His secretary of education, Betsy DeVos, who resigned after January 6: “When I saw what was happening on January 6 and didn’t see the president step in and do what he could have done to turn it back or slow it down or really address the situation, it was just obvious to me that I couldn’t continue.”

16. His secretary of transportation, Elaine Chao, who resigned after January 6: “At a particular point the events were such that it was impossible for me to continue, given my personal values and my philosophy.

17. His first secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: “…the president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”

18. His first homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert: “The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”

19. His former personal lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen: “Donald’s an idiot.”

20. His White House lawyer, Ty Cobb: “Trump relentlessly puts forth claims that are not true.”

21. A former director of strategic communications, Alyssa Farah Griffin, who is now a CNN political commentator: “We can stand by the policies, but at this point we cannot stand by the man.”

22. A top aide in charge of his outreach to African Americans, Omarosa Manigault Newman: “Donald Trump, who would attack civil rights icons and professional athletes, who would go after grieving black widows, who would say there were good people on both sides, who endorsed an accused child molester; Donald Trump, and his decisions and his behavior, was harming the country. I could no longer be a part of this madness.”

23. A former deputy press secretary, Sarah Matthews, who resigned after January 6: “I thought that he did do a lot of good during his four years. I think that his actions on January 6 and the lead-up to it, the way that he’s acted in the aftermath, and his continuation of pushing this lie that the election is stolen has made him wholly unfit to hold office every again.”

24. His final chief of staff’s aide, Cassidy Hutchinson: “I think that Donald Trump is the most grave threat we will face to our democracy in our lifetime, and potentially in American history.”

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact you find Trump to be more trustworthy than Kelly says it all. Kelly has more integrity in his little toe than Trump does in his 300# body.
I sometimes wonder if the undying loyalty and support of Trump is some sort of weird trauma/self-loathing response. The is no debate about whether or not he's screwed people over, ripped people off, and generally lied is ass off for decades. There is an avalanche of proof for all of that and it's not worth arguing about.

I feel like some people who have bought such grand lies and found themselves to be so supremely duped can't come to terms with it which is why they feel like they have to defend him. To do anything else and acknowledge what is staring them in the face makes them confront their own weak-mindedness. Hence the MAGA cult.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT