ADVERTISEMENT

Official debate thread

If Joe Biden wasn't a politician, and was just private citizen Joe Lunch-bucket from Scranton, he would've had his driving license revoked and his family would be looking into assisted living homes. It is that bad.
Correct

Weird, season 3 episode 1 just finished for me.

I just tuned in it says tomorrow for me.
Hey Marv...I'll admit when I do something f-ed up. The name of season 3 episode 1 is "Tomorrow" Hahahahaha

And Tomorrow was a trip.

Anyways, I rarely watch any of these series, but this one I do. How long have they been releasing full seasons of these shows all at once? I thought when this started you would get 1 episode and wait each week for the next show. I watched 3 new episodes last night.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
Removing politics from the equation, that guy we saw last night shouldn't be in charge now. The Democrats have another way to get rid of him (Article 25), they would just have to figure out how to jettison Kamala before the election. If she wasn't #2, I think he would have already been gone.

I am no Kamala fan. Far from it, she's always come across as an idiot. That said, I saw her interview with A. Cooper after the debate last night and thought she did a pretty good job under the circumstances. It was surprising.

Reactions: UncleMark
I am no Kamala fan. Far from it, she's always come across as an idiot. That said, I saw her interview with A. Cooper after the debate last night and thought she did a pretty good job under the circumstances. It was surprising.
She has been preparing for that interview for four years. I don't give her much credit for that. Look, I don't find her to be particularly bright, but she is all there. We have 2 hot wars going on in the world right now with the potential to pull us in (or more in as the case may be). You can't have that guy supposedly making the call. You just can't. All politics aside, the message outside our borders to have Biden out there as the "leader" is bad for the country. All my issues with Harris, she should be in charge right now. Nobody can credibly argue that Biden can do the job after last night. I think it has been this way for a long time and they have kept it under wraps as best as they could and people looked the other way for...reasons, but you can't hide it now. He should be removed under Article 25 and put Harris in charge. She at least knows where she is at 10 pm every night.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

Since JFK. I'd rate JFK & Nixon as our most intelligent presidents. Since JFK, I believe all the presidents other than Ford, Carter, and Bush the Elder have been unethical.

Reactions: DANC
She has been preparing for that interview for four years. I don't give her much credit for that. Look, I don't find her to be particularly bright, but she is all there. We have 2 hot wars going on in the world right now with the potential to pull us in (or more in as the case may be). You can't have that guy supposedly making the call. You just can't. All politics aside, the message outside our borders to have Biden out there as the "leader" is bad for the country. All my issues with Harris, she should be in charge right now. Nobody can credibly argue that Biden can do the job after last night. I think it has been this way for a long time and they have kept it under wraps as best as they could and people looked the other way for...reasons, but you can't hide it now. He should be removed under Article 25 and put Harris in charge. She at least knows where she is at 10 pm every night.

I saw an interview a few weeks ago when she talked about being 'ready' for any contingency. She had a seriousness about her that had been previously lacking. You can see she has eyes on the prize. She's finally found something to engage her interest. Not the border, not AI, not space, nor any of the other matters for which she has appointed responsibility. Raw political power. Just think.....all because of Willie Brown and DEI. God bless America.

He was looking for help, waiting for Jake to bail him out.

Kudos to the mods. They played it straight now the line, imo.

Some are saying Jake stepped in after the Medicare remark. I don't think it's clear one way or the other. I agree they played it pretty straight. It looked like they were told to do so, because they looked pretty pissed off most of the night.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
Unfortunately, I don’t think he is going anywhere. The media will run cover and keep saying, but Trump. It would be nice if they would do their f#cking jobs and stop being a political tool of the left.

I don't see it. I think Harris would have a better chance than her.

If Biden does step aside graciously, he would come across as a much better person than he really is. Jill should know this is the most he/she can hope for at this point.
I'm not saying she would win. I'm saying I could envision her and Bill using all their powers, any last favors they have to ask, to maneuver her into the spot.

Reactions: Spartans9312
It's to late to replace him. He won't drop out for one. He would have to be replaced in like a month the way ballots work. You should have done it six months ago but dems hid biden until they could not hide him anymore. Very low chance he gets replaced he won't step aside he is to arrogant

You don't just replace someone this late there is funding and super pacs and egos to deal with. It's too late now people start voting in three months. Biden funders would be furious and he has broad dem support with delegates. You are stuck.

Concerning the ballot issue.........does anyone know what in the hell would happen if a President or the contender dropped dead a week before the election? Would his name remain on the ballot?

It's to late to replace him. He won't drop out for one. He would have to be replaced in like a month the way ballots work. You should have done it six months ago but dems hid biden until they could not hide him anymore. Very low chance he gets replaced he won't step aside he is to arrogant

You don't just replace someone this late there is funding and super pacs and egos to deal with. It's too late now people start voting in three months. Biden funders would be furious and he has broad dem support with delegates. You are stuck.

I saw someone make a good point about this question awhile back. He or she said it wouldn't happen because of all the grifters who are financially attached to the President (any President). That large group of individuals are a much different group of individuals than the group any replacement would have around them. Seems like a sound point, and would seem to portend well for Kamala vs. someone like Newsom, since the turnover if successful would be much less.

the only one who can get him to drop out is jill and whe wont. She want power. Its simply too late now all the donors, etc who gave money would be pissed. All it would do is make a mess big time and kamala is even more unpopular and she would demand the spot.

There's a lot of people pissed on the Dem side about all the lying that's gone on concerning Joe's condition to this point. Looks like some on this forum have stopped denying the obvious.

I’ve said several times that the best case scenario would be for both of these guys to drop out and have good old fashioned conventions to replace them with two other candidates and veeps. That’s not happening, but this has to happen with Biden. He’s mentally and physically declining even faster than I thought he was.

Trump’s performance was probably the second worst in history, but he was debating the guy whose performance was the worst in history. Trump remains entirely unfit for the office of President, but will likely win it unless Biden announces he’s not running. Biden’s replacement will probably win.

Dan Abrams had a good point: "When you poll 'Generic Democrat' against Trump, Trump loses." This in a discussion about replacing Biden not with the unpopular Harris, but with a relative unknown like Wes Moore.

That would be interesting. Would create a genuine 'anyone else' race. The problem the Dems will have is that it will be very difficult to rally around any one individual, other Than Michelle O.

There's a lot of people pissed on the Dem side about all the lying that's gone on concerning Joe's condition to this point. Looks like some on this forum have stopped denying the obvious.
Most of us knew this for a long time. It's why he doesn't do press conferences. Anyone shocked after last might simply never paid attention or ignored it and pretented didn't exist. But you can't hide it forever.

I'm not saying she would win. I'm saying I could envision her and Bill using all their powers, any last favors they have to ask, to maneuver her into the spot.
Trump beats her by about 10 points in the couple hypothetical polls I've seen in the past year. Everyone hates Hillary. 2016 was only close because of Access Hollywood and Trump just had so many unknowns back then.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT