ADVERTISEMENT

October surprise!

I'll never understand this kind of steadfast defense for a man that absolutely does not deserve any loyalty.

It doesn't matter if what Kelly was said was confirmed by 15 Boy Scouts, he would still be a "butthurt liar" to those afflicted with TDS. Kelly resigned from his job as COS.
If Trump really said what Kelly says and if he thinks Trump is a fascist, he should have resigned immediately and pushed for Trump to be removed.

426acfee-880f-4368-86ac-00d0c926db88_text.gif

7c60ef04-0732-4efa-9bb5-355fb7bac1a2_text.gif

@dbmhoosier is this the surprise?

You’re wasting your time. If Trump raped a 3 year year old girl, set her on fire and dropped her off a cliff, all while announcing a purge of homeless people in gas chambers, it still wouldn’t be as bad as voting for a progressive. I know I’m just a tiny town boy who doesn’t deserve an opinion, but I just love a man who can admire another man’s junk in front of a crowd
He is definitely wasting his time, but not for the reasons you’ve created. But you are correct in believing you don’t deserve an opinion. Because reasons.

If Trump really said what Kelly says and if he thinks Trump is a fascist, he should have resigned immediately and pushed for Trump to be removed.
He did resign. I've been a Chief of Staff, and your job is to support the boss whether you personally like him or not. If at some point you just can't continue to do it, you resign. Thankfully, that never happened in my job as COS. The Commodore I worded for was outstanding and a good friend still today.

This story isn't going to change any minds. It's been well known for a long time what Kelly has said. No one that supports Trump cares.

Last edited:
If that was all Kelly said, he would be more believable. But Kelly rambled on with constitutional and other criticisms beyond his expertise . Nobody corroborates Kelly. As far as I am concerned Kelly’s comments are a ‘“she said, he said” argument. To test both party’s credibility, we have evidence of Kelly’s pecuniary interest in a Trump defeat, and clear objective evidence of Trump saying and doing many other things totally inconsistent with Kelly’s accusation.

And Trump’s got no skin in the game, so his credibility is spotless.
🙄

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Kelly is a butthurt fired staffer for Trump. Being a General in military doesn’t exempt him from being butthurt and telling a lie.
Kelly should go on the The View and tell his story to Whoopi and the gang. It would make for a very inspirational Tuesday afternoon.

• Love
Reactions: stollcpa
He is definitely wasting his time, but not for the reasons you’ve created. But you are correct in believing you don’t deserve an opinion. Because reasons.
I’ve found that some of you only require the reason of pointing out that Trump is a horrible human being…. Sorry I won’t lap up the drivel a lot of you seem to enjoy

Yes. Previously he was only quoted in an article and a book and the MAGAs claimed he never said it, and/or the quotes were made up. That particular nonsensical defense is no longer available.
Because he confirmed that he made up the quote and confirmed he said it. No one else present at the meeting has corroborated the statement. You really are delusional.

Because he confirmed that he made up the quote and confirmed he said it. No one else present at the meeting has corroborated the statement. You really are delusional.
He did not confirm that he made up the quote. He reiterated what Trump said to him. And once again, you're misinformed. You don't even know where Kelly and Trump were when Trump said what he said. There have been a couple of people that said they didn't hear it and the reason they didn't is because they weren't with the President and Kelly. Kelly has no reason to make up anything. These quotes about Trump are totally in keeping with other corroborated similar quotes disparaging military service. Trump lies about everything, doesn't give two shits about protecting highly classified national security information (he couldn't qualify for a security clearance), yet you believe him over a man like Kelly with no record of dishonesty and 40 years of honorable military service. This is the true TDS - Trump Devotion Syndrome. You've got a bad case of it.

Hell, you really don't care if it's true or not. They could release audio recordings of Trump saying exactly what Kelly said he could and your TDS would keep you from caring. You'd just come up with some other bogus excuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Kelly is a butthurt fired staffer for Trump. Being a General in military doesn’t exempt him from being butthurt and telling a lie.

I believe him as it sounds exactly like the stupid shit that comes out of Trump's mouth all of the time....and also fits with Trump's general view of the Presidency.

This doesn't seem like a far fetched account, but what the hell does it really matter? Even if there was a recording of it... Wouldn't change anyone's vote at this point.

I believe him as it sounds exactly like the stupid shit that comes out of Trump's mouth all of the time....and also fits with Trump's general view of the Presidency.

This doesn't seem like a far fetched account, but what the hell does it really matter? Even if there was a recording of it... Wouldn't change anyone's vote at this point.
Agreed. If there was video of Trump anal raping a goat the MAGA’s would just chuckle and say boys will be boys

He did not confirm that he made up the quote. He reiterated what Trump said to him. And once again, you're misinformed. You don't even know where Kelly and Trump were when Trump said what he said. There have been a couple of people that said they didn't hear it and the reason they didn't is because they weren't with the President and Kelly. Kelly has no reason to make up anything. These quotes about Trump are totally in keeping with other corroborated similar quotes disparaging military service. Trump lies about everything, doesn't give two shits about protecting highly classified national security information (he couldn't qualify for a security clearance), yet you believe him over a man like Kelly with no record of dishonesty and 40 years of honorable military service. This is the true TDS - Trump Devotion Syndrome. You've got a bad case of it.
This is all I can find on Kelly’s remarks. And if I missed something, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Here’s what Kelly told CNN, when asked if he had any comment on the story.

“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.

A person who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women,” Kelly continued. “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason – in expectation that someone will take action. A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.

“There is nothing more that can be said,” Kelly concluded. “God help us.”

If I were really pedantic, I would point out that Kelly never explicitly says that Trump made those comments. He never actually mentions Trump by name at all.

He just refers to “a person” who does all those things.

I thought it was interesting at the time. And maybe I am missing something.

It just seems like a very lukewarm confirmation. Maybe the boards lawyers can weigh in.

This is all I can find on Kelly’s remarks. And if I missed something, I wouldn’t be surprised.

“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.

A person who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women,” Kelly continued. “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason – in expectation that someone will take action. A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.

If I were really pedantic, I would point out that Kelly never explicitly says that Trump made those comments. He never actually mentions Trump by name at all.

It just seems like a very lukewarm confirmation. Maybe the boards lawyers can weigh in.

It was from this week's NYT interview.

It’s clear who he’s talking about and that it matches what was in articles and a book. Also, the interview was for the NYT, he explicitly talked about Trump, and they released the audio too.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Trump could knife an unborn baby in the womb, push the Mom off a cliff, rape the dead bodies, then run over the remains with a truck.

Then his fanboys would still fawn over him for making the trains run on time

Sorry. I'm too busy laughing at these stupid mother****ers.

How exactly is Kitzinger "disgraced"? MAGA doesn't like him but that doesn't mean Americans as a whole view him as "disgraced". MAGA is a vocal minority and most people agree opposition to Trump is not a disgrace. Do you know of some credible fraud,bribery or weird sex act claims?
His opinion must be weighed against the denials of others who were also there that day. He is one against many. Could he has an axe to grind.
Kelly vs Kash Patel and Steven Miller- you call that an even match? Can you name one non-creepy person from the Trump Admin who is still riding the Trump Train? All the folks that abandoned him are the most qualified and quality people he hired...

Would it convince anyone? If so, would it matter?
Probably not. But that goes back to what Crazed was saying yesterday. Everyone already knows Trumps an asshole. Screaming it at people for the 5000th time isn’t going to move the needle.

Personally, I always thought it sounded made up. It sounds a little to much like something a cartoon villain would say. It’s like someone sat around and tried REALLY hard to make something up that was truly AWFUL and this was the result.

Probably not. But that goes back to what Crazed was saying yesterday. Everyone already knows Trumps an asshole. Screaming it at people for the 5000th time isn’t going to move the needle.

Personally, I always thought it sounded made up. It sounds a little to much like something a cartoon villain would say. It’s like someone sat around and tried REALLY hard to make something up that was truly AWFUL and this was the result.
You just made a pretty strong argument for its veracity.

It sounds a little to much like something a cartoon villain would say.
In the context of the event it makes sense. It was raining. Trump was questioning whether he ought to mess up his (in his mind) beautiful hair to visit some boneyard that he had never heard of, in France of all places, honoring dead guys from some conflict he also had never heard of (D Day).

I've yet to hear anyone tell me what Kelly's motive would be for making all this shit up.

True dat. Kelly has also said that Trump did not want to be pictured with injured veterans because it was bad for his image. This is not true evidenced by the plethora of pictures Trump has taken with injured veterans.
Kelly said Trump complained about it after the fact. Even Trump is not going to balk at it when the veteran in question is already there...Esper,Kelly, Bolton, Milley,Barr- how did all these Democrats end up working for Trump?

How gullible are you? Were you impressed by that heartfelt picture of Trump touching the face of the soldier who "lost" both his arms in Afghanistan?

Not only was the guy never a soldier,he was born without arms. This is at least the 3rd time he's appeared in a photo with Trump which purports to show Trump with an "armless veteran"...In fact this guys story was fact checked in both 2016 and 2020.

Trump thinks you're an idiot. Is he wrong?

Kelly said Trump complained about it after the fact. Even Trump is not going to balk at it when the veteran in question is already there...Esper,Kelly, Bolton, Milley,Barr- how did all these Democrats end up working for Trump?

How gullible are you? Were you impressed by that heartfelt picture of Trump touching the face of the soldier who "lost" both his arms in Afghanistan?

Not only was the guy never a soldier,he was born without arms. This is at least the 3rd time he's appeared in a photo with Trump which purports to show Trump with an "armless veteran"...In fact this guys story was fact checked in both 2016 and 2020.

There are plenty of photos with him and wounded veterans.

Kelly was wrong in that respect. Dead wrong. You’re wrong too.

Trump and Brian Mast are thick as thieves.

She’s lying…the timeline is off.
Can you explain that?

Also I noticed that Anita Hill was part of the call. You may be too young to be aware of it, but hill was a very conservative woman and great admirer of Thomas. She really had no reason to make up false accusations and prior to coming forward with the allegations she was highly enthused by the idea of the man she worked for becoming a member of SCOTUS. She claimed that it was his sexual harrasment of her that changed her mind...

To Biden's detriment he sided with Thomas.One of the worst moments of Biden's career...

Kelly was wrong in that respect.
Kelly: he doesn't like being seen with wounded soldiers since he thinks it makes him look bad

You: Here's a picture of Trump with wounded soldiers!

Anyone with brain: Kelly didn't say that he would never meet with wounded soldiers, just that he doesn't like to do it (and for a stupid reason).

You: Kelly is lying!

Derp

Kelly: he doesn't like being seen with wounded soldiers since he thinks it makes him look bad
You: Here's a picture of Trump with wounded soldiers

Anyone with brain: Kelly didn't say that he would never meet with wounded soldiers, just that he didn't like to do it.

You: Kelly is lying!

Derp
Makes sense. I hate eating spinach. Yet there are dozens of photos of me out there eating spinach.

I’ve found that some of you only require the reason of pointing out that Trump is a horrible human being…. Sorry I won’t lap up the drivel a lot of you seem to enjoy

Agreed. If there was video of Trump anal raping a goat the MAGA’s would just chuckle and say boys will be boys
This is why I want Trump to win. Four more years of people like you going on ridiculous tirades.

Maybe people will finally move to Canada this time.

There are plenty of photos with him and wounded veterans.

Kelly was wrong in that respect. Dead wrong. You’re wrong too.
You do realize that the video of the man saying exactly what Kelly said is Esper, not Kelly. In other words Kelly is hardly a lone wolf in making these claims.

I guess you believe Kelly,Esper and others got together and fabricated all of these similar claims? It would seemingly have to be pretty pronounced to have 2 different Cabinet officials (appointed by Trump) as well as others who were part of his administration speak out on the same issue...

Btw, Olivia Troye (another ex-Trump official) says the reason we ended up with the backlog of desperate pro-US Afghanistanees delayed or unable to get processed to emigrate to the US is that Trump officials (particularly Steven Miller and Kash Patel) delibeartely sought to slow the process down and gum everything up.Because they HATE immigrants, or at least those with brown/black skin. She witnessed it firsthand on the ground in Afghanistan, and these were folks who had risked their lives ally with US forces...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT