ADVERTISEMENT

Now that Tevin has made the jump...

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
I'm sure going to miss Tevin and his ability to change a game. It would be sweet if the Colts were to snag him.

That said, can someone that actually knows clue us in as to what the
deal was with him leaving games for extended periods and spending time
in a little tent-like thing they had set up on the sidelines? It's not like the NFL is going to be kept in the dark.

I wasn't aware he had addressed it himself.

All I had seen/heard was speculation about possible a possible lung condition owing to his premature birth, or perhaps asthma. And as for the tent, if he was taking oxygen, why hide that? It's done all the time out in the open for all to see. It's not like he didn't earn it. The whole thing just seemed odd, and I don't ever recall ever seeing anything quite like it in all my 60 years.

Re: I wasn't aware he had addressed it himself.

As far as I am concerned jersey #6 needs to be retired. Twenty two years ago he was given a 20 per cent chance of survival. Speed up to 2014 and he is a consensus All-American.......'nuff said. I believe it was at the end of the season that I read his comments. He said that stamina was something that he had to work on when asked about the draft and his future. Was either in the IDS or the Herald Times newspaper.

The kid ran his rear end off....

Try running 200 yards a game, and see how you feel. I needed oxygen after some of the longest runs he made. It was an amazing thing to watch. I saw a lot of complaints about him being on the bench in key times of the game, and I'm fine with it. We had a capable back up and I see no reason in college to run a kid 30 times a game anyways.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm with you on that.

The guy is one helluva story, one helluva player, and one helluva man. Like ARE, it's a shame he didn't get the sort of recognition he deserved, simply because he played for less-than-successful Indiana teams. Maybe he'll be able to make up for it in the next stage of his career.

My question was not meant to be taking a dig at him or denigrating him or dogging him in any way. I just was curious to know what the deal was, after all the secrecy and skullduggery. If he's got some kind of medical condition, in my mind that makes his accomplishments all the more phenomenal.

Never cared for retiring jerseys...

I like to see the old numbers out on the field.

Re: Never cared for retiring jerseys...

I agree with the notion of not retiring a number.
Maybe another up and coming TC wants to use it in the future.

Lets hope he does well at the next level as it should help recruiting.

Best of luck to TC in the NFL.
I would love to see him with the Colts!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT