ADVERTISEMENT

Now next to last in country

I’m teasing about Ware - but next to last in the country on 3s will haunt us this season. Games on the road with our bigs in any kind of foul trouble will be big Ls with the brick layers currently available. I couldn’t believe we were actually next to last in all of D1.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
I’m teasing about Ware - but next to last in the country on 3s will haunt us this season. Games on the road with our bigs in any kind of foul trouble will be big Ls with the brick layers currently available. I couldn’t believe we were actually next to last in all of D1.
So? Why worry about what hasn’t happened yet. We have front line players stacked up. Foul trouble is an if. I’m really not worried about that.

So? Why worry about what hasn’t happened yet. We have front line players stacked up. Foul trouble is an if. I’m really not worried about that.
My original post was really about how a team the likes of Indiana (in a state filled with HS shooters) doesn’t have players to make 3 pointers and in fact it’s incredible that we are next to last out of some 360 teams. Perhaps no one else finds this shocking……but I know that everyone does :). It really wasn’t meant to be a comment on our excellent bigs, Ware, etc. if we had a god damn shooter I’d be really excited about this team.

Reneau is still foul-prone. Not nearly as bad as last year, but he had 4 last night. Still needs to work on that.

Reactions: Willdog7
Reneau carped each time he was called for travelling. But he definitely shuffled 2-3 times in the game. Needs to work on his moves when they collapse on him. Unfortunately he can't kick it out to any shooting guards. There are none!

My original post was really about how a team the likes of Indiana (in a state filled with HS shooters) doesn’t have players to make 3 pointers and in fact it’s incredible that we are next to last out of some 360 teams. Perhaps no one else finds this shocking……but I know that everyone does :). It really wasn’t meant to be a comment on our excellent bigs, Ware, etc. if we had a god damn shooter I’d be really excited about this team.
Be excited, we are 6-1.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
By not putting in the hard work to get a shooting guard this year. So focused on bigs[which was an area of need] but no balance. You see how baffling Galloway is at FT and 3 misses. X is a walking injury ,Leal never looks to shoot,Gunn won't pass up any shot,no matter how bad the decision and Cupps is in a major shooting slump although he like Galloway is giving effort despite their not helping from deep.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Reneau is still foul-prone. Not nearly as bad as last year, but he had 4 last night. Still needs to work on that.
MR gets an awful lot of questionable calls against him. Hopefully that evens out at some point. I'm not holding my breath though; basketball refs are REALLY bad at their jobs.

MR gets an awful lot of questionable calls against him. Hopefully that evens out at some point. I'm not holding my breath though; basketball refs are REALLY bad at their jobs.
Gotta learn to play in that grey area, it's just the way it is. If a player never fouls, he's probably not aggressive enough. IF he continually picks up enough fouls to get ejected or spend a lot of time on the bench, he needs to back off a bit. And every ref is a little different. And the rules emphasis changes seasonally. A lot to manage.

I was just beginning to understand, until you moved the goalpost.

That still doesn’t speak the fact that the OP is correct. Shooting is an issue for us. Until we play someone, the 6-1 record doesn’t mean a whole lot yet
Says you. I am not remotely concerned about 3 point shooting until someone takes our 60%+ shooting bigs out of the game regularly and we still can’t shoot. Until that happens we absolutely should just keep feeding the bigs.

I think we will be fine if we play great defense, play efficient offense and keep improving on those things until the end of the year. With our current team shooting 20 3s is a terrible idea. It will lose us games, not win us games.

Says you. I am not remotely concerned about 3 point shooting until someone takes our 60%+ shooting bigs out of the game regularly and we still can’t shoot. Until that happens we absolutely should just keep feeding the bigs.

I think we will be fine if we play great defense, play efficient offense and keep improving on those things until the end of the year. With our current team shooting 20 3s is a terrible idea. It will lose us games, not win us games.
You need to be able to do both. Our bigs struggled against teams who had other bigs. If we can spread the floor and do both we will be hard to beat. Conference play won’t be kind to us, if we can’t shoot.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
You need to be able to do both. Our bigs struggled against teams who had other bigs. If we can spread the floor and do both we will be hard to beat. Conference play won’t be kind to us, if we can’t shoot.
You have no idea if we can do both or not. We have our two best offensive players shooting better than 60%. We haven’t needed to shoot a lot of 3s yet and I suspect we won’t need to this season unless Ware/Reneau suddenly can’t score effectively. We need to make timely 3s. I don’t give a shit how many we make.

You have no idea if we can do both or not. We have our two best offensive players shooting better than 60%. We haven’t needed to shoot a lot of 3s yet and I suspect we won’t need to this season unless Ware/Reneau suddenly can’t score effectively. We need to make timely 3s. I don’t give a shit how many we make.
lol I don’t know if we can do both? We have played 7 games and haven’t hit at a high rate. Sooo I would say we can’t do both

lol I don’t know if we can do both? We have played 7 games and haven’t hit at a high rate. Sooo I would say we can’t do both
That’s my point. We haven’t and likely won’t need to hit 3s at a high rate much this year. Shoot 10-15 3s and hit somewhere around 35% of them and that’s likely all we need. If we ever take 25 3s we will almost certainly lose.

That’s my point. We haven’t and likely won’t need to hit 3s at a high rate much this year. Shoot 10-15 3s and hit somewhere around 35% of them and that’s likely all we need. If we ever take 25 3s we will almost certainly lose.
I’m not saying shoot 25 threes. We are almost dead last in the country in 3 pt shooting. We are garbage behind the line so far. Garbage.

I’m not saying shoot 25 threes. We are almost dead last in the country in 3 pt shooting. We are garbage behind the line so far. Garbage.
In made 3 pointers. And we will be at the bottom all year because we don’t take many, not because we are terrible shooting them, but because if you have 2 big men shooting over 60% from the paint, shooting a 3 is usually a bad shot.

In made 3 pointers. And we will be at the bottom all year because we don’t take many, not because we are terrible shooting them, but because if you have 2 big men shooting over 60% from the paint, shooting a 3 is usually a bad shot.
Against who are we shooting that high??
Also we are shooting 25% from 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT